Lookin' for a Spriter for EotM

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members

Posted 11 August 2006 - 02:42 PM

Hello Peeps. What's this? A new topic in The Magnificent Forum. Wow! Anyways, EotM has went through a lot of direction changes lately. And now, we are in need for a Spriter! The EotM is a prequel of my game Hero of Dreams and is being made on 2.11. It will focus a lot on the storylines of differnt people and tribes throughout the quest. We are going to be using Big Link with the small hitbox, so that means the people around him need to be as big as him. I have been trying to sprite but I am just not a good spriter. icon_frown.gif

So we are looking for someone to join the EotM to help make new Zora tiles, Goron Tiles, Monkey Tiles, Normal Peeps, etc. You will let in with the design of this game, and you will be able to discuss important things in the game, as you will need to know as much as possible to sprite these things. Hopefully someone out there will help us out and become part of the team. This quest by the way, is using PTUX. And you don't have to be limited on just spriting, but that is basically what we need. I will be looking for a good spriter, so sorry if I don't choose you.

So can someone help a Shoelace out? A Taku? Heck even helping a Sephiroth out?

#2 Naldrag

Naldrag

Weeb Trash

• Members

Posted 11 August 2006 - 02:47 PM

Sure why not, I got some stuff done so I really don't have that much to do.

#3 Linkus

Linkus

• Members

Posted 11 August 2006 - 03:04 PM

I would help you, but I'm too busy right now with other matters. Of course, those matters are actually making a quest from scratch, but I'm doing well with one part(almost done, all I need now is water and a few other things).

Maybe later, maybe never. I don't even know when I'lll be free for anything.

#4 NineLives

NineLives

Boom. Zoom. Dakota.

• Members

Posted 11 August 2006 - 03:10 PM

I'll help, I'm not a good spriter myself, but I can get the basic shape for whatever you need.
I will try to sprite whatever you need, I'm really good at shapes and shading.

#5 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members

Posted 11 August 2006 - 04:01 PM

Here is a sprite I made for EotM:

user posted imageuser posted image

He isn't finished but these are the Link Tiles. I am going to change the hair style of him and add a lot more details, but this is basically the Link. So the thing is I need someone that can sprite with good detail so it looks good next to Link. So obiviously the Goron's will be bigger than Link. The Zora's will be taller than Link. Kids will be smaller, village people about the height or little taller. However, I don't want anyone makes sprites for me until I choose you so we can discuss things. Because you won't know the vision that I am going for. It will be a sort of team thing. Anyways, I just wanted to show what Link would sort of look like. (And yes Taku, I am changing the hair, not done though)

#6 Fire Wizzrobe

Fire Wizzrobe

Friendship is 5ever

• Members

Posted 14 August 2006 - 02:03 PM

I'll help you. icon_smile.gif And I'm confident that I can make it look really good if I try. Look in the DB for the Pure People Revamp for an example of my work.

#7 Lemon

Lemon

Legend

• Members

Posted 14 August 2006 - 02:44 PM

Ive been looking for a challenge lately... I would be more than glad to help you sprite (if you so wish). Heres a little mock-up of a Zora I made in paint awhile ago icon_razz.gif.

user posted image

#8 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members

Posted 16 August 2006 - 03:40 PM

Well, I am sorry for the others that didn't make it. This is the toughest part because I don't like to be mean or rude. So sorry if you didn't make it to be a spriter. icon_frown.gif

Anyways, ZC-Ninja and Darkspawn are my picks to be the Spriters for EotM. I am going to see if they accept. And if you do, you will be able to enter #EotM on chat to discuss the game with us. So do you guys accept? If so welcome to the team.

#9 Naldrag

Naldrag

Weeb Trash

• Members

Posted 16 August 2006 - 03:43 PM

Yep, I except.

#10 Flaming_idiot_dude

Flaming_idiot_dude

Wizard

• Members

Posted 16 August 2006 - 06:13 PM

I'll lend all my resources to you... Which aren't much. But anything you want me to do is fine by me.
Whoops.

Edited by Flaming_idiot_dude, 16 August 2006 - 06:13 PM.

#11 Fire Wizzrobe

Fire Wizzrobe

Friendship is 5ever

• Members

Posted 16 August 2006 - 08:28 PM

Can you tell what areas I need to work on in spriting, Shoelace? I was desprate to be a spriter for your game. (Well, not that dramatic) I have much better sprites that are not in the DB.

#12 Lemon

Lemon

Legend

• Members

Posted 16 August 2006 - 09:34 PM

Glad to lend a hand icon_biggrin.gif.

#13 Anthus

Anthus

the wild-eyed boy from freecloud

• Forum Moderators

Posted 16 August 2006 - 10:31 PM

..So, seasons do change..

I'll help, but I'm not too good with spriting people/ NPCs. I can do some overworld stuff maybe. I'd love to help out with this project icon_smile.gif

EDIT: Me feels smart... Why do I read other replies after I post? O.o

Edited by Rex Zemenheart, 16 August 2006 - 10:32 PM.

#14 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members

Posted 17 August 2006 - 02:57 PM

Sorry, but I already picked the two. icon_frown.gif Though, if anything happens during the process of EotM and we need another or something like that, I will look at you guys for help. icon_razz.gif

Anyways, ZC-Ninja, your PMs are full so here is the PM I was going to send you:

You are in the team of EotM. icon_razz.gif  Welcome.  This is what I need you to do.  Next time you go in chat, ask Sephiroth to add you to the channel #EotM.  That is where we will be discussing everything.  We also have a private forum that was just moved to Sephiroth's new server, and you will have permission to look in there.  You can discuss, add ideas, etc. all you want about EotM.  You are a group member now, so any sort of input will be great.  Anyways, when I catch you in chat, I will discuss the details about everything. icon_razz.gif

--Michael

That was a private message for a reason why are you other's reading it! j/k

#15 Zemious

Zemious

Magicite: Bahamut

• Members

Posted 18 August 2006 - 02:26 PM

I could help you but we're RIVALS!!!
Just kidding. icon_wink.gif
I am designing a sprite thats Deku Link but you might not want that.
Deku link will be 16x32.
His sword attack will be Deku Links spin attack only he won't spin like he does in MM.
Spin dash is what he does, he will do a spin type attack though.
[edit]
Here is the sprite, its not much to look at but meh, its just a start.
user posted image

Edited by Zemious, 18 August 2006 - 02:45 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users