Progress on my games

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#16 Sephiroth

Sephiroth

The Legendary Sephiroth

• Members

Posted 13 December 2006 - 02:47 PM

Just a quick question, Shoelace.. When is this Shoelace Expo of yours supposed to take place?

#17 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members

Posted 19 December 2006 - 06:53 PM

In February the Shoelace Expo will open. :O

I am beginning to make the huge overworld. This may be the biggest, most unique overworld in ZC history. Well that is my plan anyways. It is looking great on paper, so we will see how it does. The screens will look nice, and the Link I made is Sexy. :O

#18 Red Phazon

Red Phazon

Adept

• Members

Posted 19 December 2006 - 09:15 PM

QUOTE(Shoelace @ Dec 19 2006, 05:53 PM) View Post

This may be the biggest, most unique overworld in ZC history.

Hmm, could this possibly mean new types of areas that you don't see much of in most quests? I get tired of basic field type areas with nothing very special going on in them in every quest, which is why I'm trying to leave it out in one of my quests. They usually have the same mood, somewhat... most of them.

I'm excited about your expo though.

#19 Sacred Nym

Sacred Nym

Wizard

• Members

Posted 21 December 2006 - 10:31 PM

Awesome. This'll be like my birthday present since my birthday is in February.

#20 Scootaloo

Scootaloo

too high for the grocery store

• Members

Posted 22 December 2006 - 09:43 AM

QUOTE(Shoelace @ Dec 13 2006, 03:25 PM) View Post

Now, I am not the greatest at graphics, however, I think that I am doing a good job at the overworld tiles. The tileset for EotM is fitting my image so good that I don't think it could come out any better. The storyline has been detailed again and needless to say it wouldn't be the same game that it would have been if we had released it months earlier. This game will in fact be storyline driven and that is my main focus. But that is not to say that the gameplay will suffer because you guys know that I am big on gameplay.

Maybe I am hyping up this game a little too much, however, I think for me to make it the best possible, I have to set high standards, so that I won't be happy until I surpass them. I do want to show pictures of EotM, however, I will wait until the Shoelace Expo.

You're damn right you're good with overworld tiles. I mean, I never would've been able to use the Pure Tileset correctly without you... and figure out some spoilers to EotM when we chatted...

#21 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members

Posted 21 January 2007 - 02:52 AM

Hmm, could this possibly mean new types of areas that you don't see much of in most quests? I get tired of basic field type areas with nothing very special going on in them in every quest, which is why I'm trying to leave it out in one of my quests. They usually have the same mood, somewhat... most of them.

I will try my best to make the overworld very unique and I will make the map so it is easy to read so you know where you are traveling too. It is coming out sweet.

You're damn right you're good with overworld tiles. I mean, I never would've been able to use the Pure Tileset correctly without you... and figure out some spoilers to EotM when we chatted...

Well the storyline has changed a lot in the game, so it is probably nothing like I said it was. However, hopefully you don't say anything just in case. Because I like surprises.

Anyways, now for my progress:

First off, I don't know if the Shoelace Expo is going to happen now. One thing I was planning is I wanted the Shoelace Expo to be shown one month after 2.5. However, since 2.5 was delayed into an undetermined date, it seems like I might as well await the Spring Expo. The reason is why I am waiting for a month after 2.5 is because I haven't jumped into some of the projects that I wanted to already jump in. The betas right now are just way too buggy to start them. However, I don't want to disappoint, so in Feburday I will still show off Eye of the Moon, but nothing else.

So sorry to disappoint you but that is how it is going to be. icon_frown.gif

Also, I don't know if you noticed but I am a really edgy and depressed person lately. Which is why I am avoiding some topics and why I am not around that much. I have a few screws loose and if I snap at you, I didn't mean it. Like in chat, I have been acting like a jerk and got into some arguments. And even if I was in the right to, I usually don't handle things like that, so sorry about that.

#22 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 21 January 2007 - 02:28 PM

I'm sorry for your things, Shoelace. I can understand you.
Plus when you said that it will be in february, I immediately thought that it will be delayed to Spring Expo. When the 2.5 delay fear occured, I immediately knew that this means the damage of your work, too...
But I think you are the overall-best questmaker and this can help things. There are quite a few quests whiches I love almost like the original Zelda's, but the HoD was so far the one and only which feeded me with the LttP feeling. It's very important to me now that my SNES isn't working anymore and I can't play ever again the real LttP.
Hope everything gets better..

(Wow, I just understood a joke in your quest! The darknut at the beginning ties his shoelace and actually your name is also Shoelace!)

#23 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members

Posted 21 January 2007 - 04:39 PM

I'm sorry for your things, Shoelace. I can understand you.
Plus when you said that it will be in february, I immediately thought that it will be delayed to Spring Expo. When the 2.5 delay fear occured, I immediately knew that this means the damage of your work, too...
But I think you are the overall-best questmaker and this can help things. There are quite a few quests whiches I love almost like the original Zelda's, but the HoD was so far the one and only which feeded me with the LttP feeling. It's very important to me now that my SNES isn't working anymore and I can't play ever again the real LttP.
Hope everything gets better..

(Wow, I just understood a joke in your quest! The darknut at the beginning ties his shoelace and actually your name is also Shoelace!)

When I said February, I was exactly giving myself 2 months after the release of 2.5 which was in December. However, since that didn't happen, this is why I have to delay the expo. But still, I think everyone has been in the dark about EotM long enough. So I will be showing it off in February for sure. And finally I will have screens for SotW.

And thanks again CastChoas. I am glad you liked HoD. I know it wasn't the greatest, but it was unique and had a feeling that is different then most quests. Plus, I do want it to feel like a Zelda game, and I am glad I did that.

Anyways, glad you got the joke. lol.

But yeah, I will just say it. The reason why I am a little edgy and depressed is the first that I just dropped out of college three days ago. College life wasn't for me. But now, that I am not in school, my life is going to change, and I don't know what is around the corner.

#24 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 21 January 2007 - 05:38 PM

Well, I am having college problems, too... but I just evaded being thrown out. Still, in my anger I deleted quite a many started quests whiches were above the current average. (Yeah, I do believe that telling our problem will make others calm down a little.)

I also wanted to say something related to your name and my language. You know, "shoelace" is "cipőfűző" in hungarian and this hungarian word was once elected to be the most beautiful hungarian word. Of course not by hungarians... foreigners voted and without knowing the meaning of the words...

You know, since playing HoD I'm always daydreaming about having a samely built quest (high story+big maps) and having fans... Probably nobody believes it, but I have fans in Hungary... of course not ZC fans, they are fans of my short stories/novels and such writings. So I can imagine how it feels to have ZC fans...

(I went too emotional, it never happened with me in english forums, see Shoelace, you make the best out of people)

So, I'm on my way to create 2 awesome quests: one when ZC2.5 comes out and one now. I am just saying this in case I will be celebrated quest maker (Hey, not funny!). And if that will be I could work with you in an indirect way. Like drawing tiles. Or beta test.

And now I should go to sleep and should promise that I will never ever go such emotional again and won't go such offtopic-like...

(you know, you make me remember for the Avatar from the Ultima series... However! I think it's somehow strange saying so many good things about somebody plus it may be a little embarrassing for you... so I stop now.)

Keep up the good work!

#25 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members

Posted 22 January 2007 - 03:19 PM

Well thanks a lot. And hope things get better on your side too. And we haven't seen your work yet, so you never know, I bet you have something that is unique that you can present to us. Either way, you are on my list for possible beta testers. But I am not going to get beta testers yet because of the fact that last time I did that it was like a whole year of testing, I am just going to do it when it is almost done. icon_razz.gif

#26 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members

Posted 24 April 2007 - 10:25 AM

Yeah, It was going to happen, everyone saw it coming. I am pulling EotM from the Spring Expo because I am not ZCing at the moment.

I thought I was going to be able to continue work on build 254, but I decided it isn't worth it. I would rather wait until 2.5 is released. So now it is official, EotM is on the shelf until 2.5 is released.

I do promise you however, that EotM will be released, I can promise you that much. Just like I told you with HoD, the game is going to be finished and I am going to give my 100% into it. However, I can't give a 100% when I don't have a 100% program.

So what does that mean? It means there will be a huge dry spell for me. Because I don't foresee 2.5 in the near future. I am really sorry to disappoint some of you guys but, I do know that you will understand.

But, I will have more info on my side projects in the incoming months.

--Shoelace

#27 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 24 April 2007 - 12:59 PM

That's ok. (I know you didn't expect from me that I won't moan as a big HoD fan.)
In fact, I long ago infused my X-buster with the "good quests delayed => don't be sad" program.

One thing though... The fact that you don't move anything until 2.5 will be released doesn't mean that you can't show that you already done... Just saying, I accept your decision.

Oh yes, I knew EotM will be delayed, just I didn't know that it will be delayed this much. I predict 2.5 to be released at the end of summer/beggining of autumn in 2008.

#28 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members

Posted 24 April 2007 - 04:16 PM

If it was released 2008 in the fall... I don't know if I would come back to make it. Most likely I would because I do want to finish the game. But dang, that is a year and a half from now. There is no telling what I would be doing.

But basically I don't want to show EotM to early because of spoilers. You know that I am really hardcore about spoilers. lol

But I am thinking I can just focus on my side projects including the Hero of Dreams release on 2.5. Since I do want the game to be a lot easier for everyone that couldn't beat it. So maybe I will show it off at the Spring Expo including another side project. But that depends if I trust the 2.5 program. lol.

#29 Dethl

Dethl

@

• Members

Posted 24 April 2007 - 04:19 PM

QUOTE(Shoelace @ Apr 24 2007, 10:25 AM) View Post

So now it is official, EotM is on the shelf until 2.5 is released.

It wasn't until now?

Anyway, just worry about your job and budget and whatever for now. When 2.5 is released, we can get this thing actually going. Hopefully.
QUOTE(CastChaos @ Apr 24 2007, 12:59 PM) View Post

Oh yes, I knew EotM will be delayed, just I didn't know that it will be delayed this much. I predict 2.5 to be released at the end of summer/beggining of autumn in 2008.

When Shoelace and release dates mix, expect the unexpected.

#30 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members

Posted 25 September 2007 - 02:49 PM

So, yes EotM is back in the making as some of you guys noticed. I got a mixed reaction on the screens I had been showing. You can call me daring maybe because I am going to stand by not changing the graphics. The style that you see in those screens is going to stay as that is my vision and I love what I created. In my opinion, the areas has really came to life. I can assure you when you play the game, the style fits everything that am trying to accomplish.

I am most likely going to stop showing screens until the Fall Expo so that I can have some juicy screens for the Expo, just to let you know. However, I want to give you guys a sneak peak at the game's storyline too so I want to surprise a lot of people.

But the game is looking good and the levels are going to come out so good in my opinion. I designed a couple of puzzles and level themes and I love them. XD

Anyways, just wanted to give you guys an update on the game. Thank you so much guys. icon_razz.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users