7 replies to this topic

#1 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members

Posted 27 March 2006 - 06:29 PM

Finally... Here is it:

Description:

The Hero of Dreams, my first quest on Zelda Classic. I have been working on the game since January 2004. This epic quest is filled with so many things to do. I put a lot of side quests in the quest so it can have a feel to most Zelda games. The storyline fits into the major storyline and I do try to connect them all together. I spent a lot of time on the storyline and I hope you like it. This is what you can expect from the quest:

-Travel through huge Forests, islands, caves, deserts, graveyards, mountains, towns, as well as Dreams.
-Come face to face to some of the old Hero's of Hyrule.
-Meet different cultures and races of Hyrule.
-Fight some original custom bosses like Wolfblin and King Dodongo.
-Play some great mini games like bow and arrow target practice and rafting.
-See some original puzzles never seen in ZC.
-Huge Dungeons with different themes.
-and More!

Story:

On a small island just outside of Hyrule lived a boy named Link. As he grew up, he knew he was destined to become the new Hero of Hyrule. The Robins who were neighbors of Link, told him that the bloodline of the Hero's past through him. He knew that on any given day his adventure could begin.

One day Link was drawing a picture of a sword on the mountainside of the island. He looked down at his shield that he always kept with him, and thought how cool it would be to finally use it with a sword of his own. Just then his good friend Patty walked over to him. She looked a little sad, as she told him that she was going to leave the island soon in search for the Shooting Star Legend. In that moment, they both looked at the shoreline and noticed that the water was acting very violent. But they brushed it off. As Link finished the drawing, he signed his name on the bottom of the sword. Patty was still talking about that legend; however, Link couldn't keep his eyes off the coastline, which was getting worse by the second.

Little did they know, the Dark Army had just docked south of the city of Fulton. The Commander of the Army stepped out to dock while discussing the plan to this staff, “Continue searching for the remaining Triforce pieces. We will capture Fulton and await you there!” As the Commander looked at the path to Fulton, he whispered to himself, “And now it begins.”

Download:

This is for 2.10: http://www.purezc.co...e=quests&id=139

Pictures:

user posted image user posted image

Credits:

Director and Producer:
Shoelace

Tiles:
Noel - Wolfie custom boss, horse tiles, etc.
LinktheMaster - Castle tiles
BH4 - Four Swords Pure Link, Swords, rays of light, various Pure Link tiles, etc.
Radien - Improved newfirst leevers, LTTP Link tiles Full Remake, DoR Mts For Pure, etc.
Nick: Dungeon Floor tiles
Gashin - Minimentus, fish bait
System Error - Mothula
PrinceMSC - ML growing bush
Exate - Misc Fire, Spinning Heart Container and Pieces
Hermit Dude - PurePalette Tree Entrance
Teilyr - BS Shores
Warlock - King Dodongo

Tilesets:
Will Bill - Pure Tileset
Mr. Z - Pure Tileset Upadate V2
plith - Descendent tiles
Freedom - Adventure Tileset
Marcus - Orion's LTTP tileset V 2.4.1

Testers:
Elise
Dark Emperor
zmaster
Boycm12
Hero Link
Linkman90
skateboarder11
BH4
XdragonSB
Taku of Miso
Sephiroth

#2 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 27 March 2006 - 06:34 PM

Well finally! icon_razz.gif

I applaud you for making a quest that seems to be huge and quite "professional" in design. Just looking at the screenies I can see you've put tons of effort in the making of the quest.
Too bad I'm too busy to play HoD any time soon, but I eventually will. I expect it to be great.

Thanks for making this quest and may it be succesful! icon_thumbsup.gif

- Pete

#3 Dethl

Dethl

@

• Members

Posted 27 March 2006 - 07:21 PM

Well, it's finally done. You at least kept your March deadline this time.

Congratulations on a job well done. Also, congrats: You now have the highest rated game in the database with nine ratings so far. FOR NOW. *Evil laughter*

...Wait, my quest won't even be able to measure to this, and won't be out for a couple years at best.

*Gets someone else to do evil laughter*

#4 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Forum Moderators

Posted 27 March 2006 - 07:30 PM

I have certainly been waiting for this quest to be finished, and I am very confident that the wait has been well worth it. I need to try this really soon. Unfortunately, today is Monday. I just can't wait to have the chance to try this quest out. From all the screenies that I have seen as well as your explanations of the story and details, I anticipate that this quest will be a perfect 5 in my book. This is very exciting!

#5 Snarwin

Snarwin

Still Lazy After All These Years

• Members

Posted 27 March 2006 - 08:10 PM

I just finished the Wondering Tree, and it's great so far. There's also one thing I found particularly funny...
QUOTE(An NPC)
...so you can fight all of your Main Enemies over again, thanks to Shoelace. Isn't he great?
icon_lol.gif

Anyway, good work! I look forward to playing the rest of your quest.

#6 Zenith

Zenith

Old Guard

• Members

Posted 27 March 2006 - 08:42 PM

Congrats, man. It took forever, but you finally completed it. Can't wait to test your next quest.

-zmaster

#7 Zacron

Zacron

Wizard

• Members

Posted 27 March 2006 - 08:48 PM

I am At Fort Wolfblin and it is very Classic ZC style, and is very well done, Nintendo themselves coud not have done a better job, and if they had tried we would still be waiting and saving up to buy a well worth it game

#8 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members

Posted 28 March 2006 - 03:50 AM

Thanks everyone. I honestly almost cried when I read the comments. Thank you once again.

Anyways, please read the following:

http://www.mbwonline...o of Dreams.zip

ATTENTION EVERYONE. bigboylink, found a stupid continue bug I made right before I released the game (That is what I get for changing something at the last minute). Please redownload the game. I don't want anyone else to get it. Don't erase your file, just redownload it with the link above and you can continue playing with no worries. I sent in an updated version to PureZC, and it will uploaded soon. For now download it with this link!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users