• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#16 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 02 December 2005 - 07:28 PM

Didn't notice this topic until now...

Man, you've got a problem. If you haven't figured it out by now, I recommend not messing with things and getting someone to work on it, preferably paid. It is possible to boot up a computer without starting Windows, using a special boot CD, and browse the files without changing anything else.

If this works, then you can get the files you really, truly need and then reformat the hard drive.

Trust me: this happened when my parent's computer got hit by a really nasty attack (my fault...I was inexperienced back then AND I let my guard down icon_sweat.gif). The computer was completely inoperable, but most of the data was still there, even if it couldn't be accessed normally. We had bought an extended service warranty that gave us repair service for 40 bucks a pop, regardless of what it was (to a certain extent). I'm not sure how much it'd cost you, but for us it was well worth the price.

#17 Oxox Genral OF Darkness

Oxox Genral OF Darkness

• Members

Posted 02 December 2005 - 08:52 PM

This happened to me when i had NO FIREWALL Whatsoever.

So i got bombed with Viruses [10 to be exact icon_eek.gif ]

offtopic: i hear Limewire the ULTIMATE Piracy tool<_< Got sued today.. woo boy they are sooo dead.

So my computer HAD to be rebulit, luckily.. i saved old files on my site*Phew!* but one of my quests won't open because of a header problem..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users