• Please log in to reply
147 replies to this topic

#91 Haylee

Haylee

~ The Ragin' Cajun ~

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 21 November 2018 - 12:43 PM

Your second point doesn't sound spoilery but it does sound pretty disappointing. Is there no meaty gameplay to unlock them?

Sakurai directly stated character unlocking was streamlined due to the sheer number of characters so if course unlocking wouldn't be meaty.

That's honestly a good thing, I imagine it makes setting up tournaments significantly easier.

#92 KEM64

KEM64

Junior

• Members

Posted 24 November 2018 - 03:19 PM

WARNING: Some people have somehow gotten retail copies of the game already. Beware of spoilers that might appear on the internet, like songs that weren't already revealed.

Edited by KEM64, 24 November 2018 - 03:21 PM.

#93 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 25 November 2018 - 12:49 AM

There was a full 607 song playlist on Youtube lol (game rip of the music), but it seems Nintendo has finally taken action and had them all removed :/

#94 Adem

Adem

-

• Members

Posted 07 December 2018 - 12:06 PM

It's. So. GOOD.

I went to the midnight release last night. I've been doing homework most of the day, so I'm glad I had the opportunity to play it before diving into finals mayhem. Can't wait to get home play more tonight. :)

#95 KEM64

KEM64

Junior

• Members

Posted 07 December 2018 - 12:52 PM

Last night in the Game Awards, they announced who the first DLC character is going to be, and all I can say is "Wait, WHAT?!".

For those wondering, The first DLC character is....

Spoiler

Edited by KEM64, 07 December 2018 - 03:15 PM.

#96 HylianGlaceon

HylianGlaceon

Magus

• Members

Posted 13 December 2018 - 12:58 AM

Re: DLC Character 1

Spoiler

So from streams I've seen, the game looks pretty decent. I do feel like the game lacks a bit to be the "Ultimate Smash" still. The lack of Trophies really shows imo. Spirits are fine and all for World of Light, but as collectibles they are kinda boring. They're just 2D artwork, a lot of which we've already seen before. 3D Models are at least brand new for the most part, neat to rotate, zoom in/out and look at all of the details. I've spent hours just going through the ones in the previous series.

World of Light itself is fine I guess, but it is more of an Event Match replacement than any sort of Story Mode which it seemed to be like when revealed. (I haven't seen all of it to remain somewhat unspoiled in case I ever get this game down the road, but it got boring to watch too.)

Oh boy, Online is indeed a mess. Smash took a page from Niantic on how to ruin a core feature it seems. I'm expecting them to patch it at some point because everyone is complaining 24/7 about how bad it is. Kind of embarrassing that they have no servers for a game like this, especially with Switch Online now costing money.

The cast looks great. The Zelda series cast got some much needed buffs. King K.Rool, Roy/Chrom, Pikachu and Pichu look to be crazy good while Ridley seems to be the new Ganondorf unfortunately. Cloud, Bayonetta and Luigi got heavily nerfed, Cloud especially. Haven't seen a lot of the other cast but they seem to be more or less the same as Smash 4 with a few buffs and nerfs here and there.

The new classic mode style I'm torn on. It's great that each character gets a unique one, but the minigame towards the end is ultra boring plus it doesn't change. It also seems very luck based in getting the highest difficulty, which then only lasts for the final boss in each run. I guess they didn't want it to get really difficult?

I had some more thoughts and whatnot, but probably a long enough post by now. I hope to try the game someday but probably won't be able to for a long while.

#97 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 13 December 2018 - 02:13 AM

Maybe not the best website but it seems the Online functionality is very hit & miss: https://www.polygon....ues-multiplayer

#98 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 13 December 2018 - 03:57 AM

I've heard something about going into your internet settings on your Switch and setting the MTU to 1500. Haven't tried online since I've changed it, so I dunno if this actually helps.

Really loving the game, by the way. I don't miss trophies as much as I thought I would, but I still would've liked that gallery to return. Sure, the bonus games are lacking as well. But I feel like the rest of the content makes up for it, especially that new Classic Mode. I actually prefer it this way, makes each play unique rather than the typical gauntlet from before. I mean, I guess 4 tried to change that up as well in both versions, and it was a decent attempt (I admittedly prefer the 3DS version's over the Wii U's just because it at least has more going on visually), but this is quite good.

Also I'm happy to report that Simon is great. Still not quite mastered him but I'm figuring him out and feeling satisfied the more I pull off solid matches with him.

#99 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 13 December 2018 - 06:47 AM

If your internet connection uses PPoE encapsulation (DSL, vDSL etc.) than leave the MTU at 1492. If you have cable or Satellite than 1500 should be good to use. If you do change it and stuff goes wrong then simply remember to change it back (no permanent damage done).

Edited by Nicholas Steel, 15 December 2018 - 01:18 AM.

• Rambly likes this

#100 KEM64

KEM64

Junior

• Members

Posted 17 April 2019 - 12:11 AM

It's been a while since the last post, huh? Well, some news just got released earlier tonight....

https://gonintendo.c...17th-2019-inclu

Joker & Version 3.0 comes out tomorrow night (About 8:50 PM Eastern Time)!

Version 3.0 will add....

-Joker, who fights with his knife and gun. He can also use a poison damage attack and a grappling hook for recovery. Joker has a gauge that fills up as he fights and when it's full, Joker can summon his Persona Arsene to fight alongside him. Joker's Final Smash is an All-Out Attack with the other Phantom Thieves. His victory animation is him running to the left like he does when you win a battle in Persona 5.

-Joker's stage Mementos that comes with 11 songs (Most from Persona 5, but Persona 3 & 4 also get a few songs. Depending on what game the song that is playing is from, Mementos will be a different color).

-New Spirits based off characters from Persona 5.

-Stage Builder. You can now put objects in the foreground and background layers. The Stage Select Screen will have a new tab for Custom Stages. You can upload custom stages online for people to download.

-A video Editor, allowing you to create videos with your replays.

-Integration with the Smash World app, which you can use to download uploaded custom stages and Mii Fighters.

-6 new Mii costumes (4 based off Persona like Morgana, Teddie, and the protagonists of Persona 3 & 4, and the return of the Tails & Knuckles costumes. However, these costumes will not be free. They will cost $0.75 each).

Edited by KEM64, 17 April 2019 - 02:09 PM.

#101 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 22 April 2019 - 06:44 PM

Didn't know where is best suited to post this, so I figured I'd share it here:

- Alt. Battlefield: C7DV2R97
- Jungle Hijinx: 7Q0GLM9R
- Training Stage: C1G2SLFN
- Factory: 7YMMX10G

Don't forget to 'Yeah!' and save these stages as part of your collection! 

I'll make more stages as they come to mind. I'd like to try other people's stages too if they wanted to share. 

#102 KEM64

KEM64

Junior

• Members

Posted 11 June 2019 - 12:33 PM

At Nintendo's E3 Direct, DLC Characters #2 and #3 were revealed.

DLC Character #2 is....

Spoiler

DLC Character #3 should be great news for N64 fans of a "rare" duo....

Spoiler

It will be fun to see these new characters in action.

Edited by KEM64, 11 June 2019 - 12:42 PM.

#103 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 11 June 2019 - 08:33 PM

The fourth and fifth DLC characters could be dream picks of mine and they'd only be a bonus to the massive and incredibly welcome surprise that is Banjo & Kazooie. 

• Adem and Jared like this

#104 Yloh

Yloh

My Face!!!

• Members

Posted 18 June 2019 - 01:54 PM

I believe the Hero trailer possibly revealed a new game mode for Smash Ultimate. Either that or his Classic Mode is going to be really unique with how enemies look. Call me crazy, but let me show you my case.

Observation number 1

Watch the Hero trailer

https://www.youtube....h?v=pupll3ON-WA

Observe the opponents on 1:35, 2:17, 2:30, and 2:43. What do you see that is different? Each opponent has red aura and glowing violet eyes. Do you remember anywhere else in Smash Ultimate where you fought opponents with those features?

Observation number 2

In the Smash Ultimate 3.0 interview with Masahiro Sakurai, he said he was designing the game in three phases. (Competition, Sharing, and Cooperation) He said in the interview they were unable to see the cooperation aspect through. Maybe this might be the cooperation part of Smash Ultimate.

Observation number 3

Look back at the video at 2:32. The Villager pockets the axe. Robin and Dark Samus have the red aura, but the Villager doesn't. Could that be a second player?

Edit: I'm afraid I may of debunked my own theory. I was checking though the World of Light to make sure I didn't find any enemies with a red aura. In the Dark World, when you fight characters to free them from Dharkon's control, they have the red aura and violet eyes.

I still question why at 2:32 The Villager didn't have the red aura like Robin and Dark Samus. Also, The Hero was fighting more than one character with red aura at a time. In the World of Light, you only fought one character with red aura at a time.

What do you guys think?

Edited by Yloh, 18 June 2019 - 05:42 PM.

#105 KEM64

KEM64

Junior

• Members

Posted 30 July 2019 - 12:49 PM

http://www.nintendow...ate-later-today

A 22 Minute Presentation of the Dragon Quest Hero was shown today. Sakurai showed off the stage and moves of the Hero. Hero's stage comes with 8 songs (The Field and Battle Themes from the games he and his alts are from). There will also be a special spirit board for Dragon Quest.

Also coming in the Ver. 4.0.0 update:

-Final Smash Meter now has a time limit (Take too long to use it, and the meter will start depleting).

-World of Light is adding a "Very Easy" difficulty setting.

-Spectate Mode now allows you to predict the winner and you get points if you predict correctly. The points can be used to buy items, spirits, SP, or Gold.

-Online Tournaments.

-Mii costumes based off characters from Dragon Quest.

The Hero arrives later today.

Edited by KEM64, 30 July 2019 - 12:50 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users