Photo

Screenshot of The Week 172

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
38 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of The Week 172 (57 member(s) have cast votes)

Contestants

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#16 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 12 August 2007 - 04:09 PM

Thanks guys. But, I have been working on the monkeys, but I am not perfect with spriting yet. What do you think the Monkeys need? I made them look like a darker TP monkey type sprite. Anyways, any suggestions on the monkeys are welcome, because it will only make me better at spriting.

And yeah, my overworld is detailed as heck. My water actually flows to the west in this picture. I know, I went over board....

#17 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 12 August 2007 - 05:31 PM

The monkeys are good as far as quality goes, but their lack of outline makes them clash with everything else in your shot. Fix that and you're golden.

#18 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 12 August 2007 - 05:34 PM

You rock, Tei

Voted for Ebola

#19 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 12 August 2007 - 06:34 PM

I voted for Ebola. Only problem is that it's not the True BS Link being used icon_rolleyes.gif

#20 Alestance

Alestance

Saint Alestance - Eliminator of the ZGP format

• Members

Posted 12 August 2007 - 06:47 PM

Uhm.... A very tough decision this week. It kind of feels as though Darkspawn's Novalty shot is more of a gimmick. I'm willing to debate the functionality of the area, including Grim. icon_razz.gif

EZ's screenshot looks alright. Thats all I got to say. icon_neutral.gif

Evan the Great's looks alright, but there are some contrast issues with the red roofs.

Shae D pushes out a typical of her screenshots icon_razz.gif

Shoelace- Looks good, but the Monkeys look like Furbies icon_lol.gif

TriMaster - I couldn't say much, take it as you will icon_neutral.gif

All and all I don't really know where to go between Shoelace, Sharon, or Darkspawn. The three look good to me.

#21 Bowser Blanchette

Bowser Blanchette

Tatsumi is ready to roll!

• Members

Posted 12 August 2007 - 07:11 PM

I vote Shoelace.

The only flaw is the way the guards look like.

#22 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 12 August 2007 - 07:14 PM

QUOTE(Moonwhisper @ Aug 12 2007, 06:34 PM) View Post
I voted for Ebola. Only problem is that it's not the True BS Link being used icon_rolleyes.gif
I'm not? I thought True BS came standard with the BS set? I mean, they were both made by the same author, so it would make sense.

#23 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 12 August 2007 - 07:50 PM

QUOTE(Ebola Zaire @ Aug 12 2007, 08:14 PM) View Post

I'm not? I thought True BS came standard with the BS set? I mean, they were both made by the same author, so it would make sense.

http://www.purezc.co...ge=tiles&id=868

'Nuf Said.

#24 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 12 August 2007 - 08:40 PM

QUOTE(Moonwhisper @ Aug 12 2007, 07:50 PM) View Post
Those do look better. *Snatches*

#25 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 12 August 2007 - 08:46 PM

QUOTE(Shoelace @ Aug 12 2007, 04:09 PM) View Post

Thanks guys. But, I have been working on the monkeys, but I am not perfect with spriting yet. What do you think the Monkeys need? I made them look like a darker TP monkey type sprite. Anyways, any suggestions on the monkeys are welcome, because it will only make me better at spriting.

And yeah, my overworld is detailed as heck. My water actually flows to the west in this picture. I know, I went over board....

To me, your monkeys look a little too bright. It's quality didn't truly match the screen. Just tint it down a little. And work on your subscreen. IMO, I like the item frames on your previous EotM shot than this shot.

And a question about EotM, it's the prequel to HOD right?

#26 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 12 August 2007 - 10:46 PM

I will see what I can do. Thanks guys!

And about the subscreen. That is the last thing I will do in my game, so expect sucky subscreens for a long long while. And the reason the item frames are different is, I had to go back to a backup file, so I lost the edits I did for it.

And yes, EotM is a prequel to HoD. icon_razz.gif

#27 Professor Bedwetter

Professor Bedwetter

Strangers when we meet

• Members

Posted 13 August 2007 - 12:20 AM

and the winner of the tingle vote is

sh....

?????
?
SHARON DANIEL

i liked shoelaces but sharons just caught my eye! good job sharon

Edited by newbydude, 13 August 2007 - 12:21 AM.

#28 Naldrag

Naldrag

Certified Idiot

• Members

Posted 13 August 2007 - 12:26 AM

QUOTE(Pheonix @ Aug 12 2007, 12:42 PM) View Post

Darkspawn, how did you do that thingy with the hearts?

I just slapped some sprites in the subscreen. icon_razz.gif

QUOTE(billy ronald @ Aug 12 2007, 03:20 PM) View Post

Darkspawn : Good shot but i don't like that kind of game NEXT!!!!!!

What exactly do you mean by that? You don't like Castlevania, ZC sidescrollers, or sidescrollers in general?

QUOTE(Master_of_Power @ Aug 12 2007, 07:47 PM) View Post

Uhm.... A very tough decision this week. It kind of feels as though Darkspawn's Novalty shot is more of a gimmick. I'm willing to debate the functionality of the area, including Grim. icon_razz.gif

You're right there. I just ripped some sprites from the SNES Castlevania Dracula X and slapped them in. icon_razz.gif I am thinking on making Dracula an extra boss in my quest though. I've already thought on how I could do it to. icon_razz.gif

Edited by Darkspawn, 13 August 2007 - 01:00 AM.

#29 Zemious

Zemious

Magicite: Bahamut

• Members

Posted 13 August 2007 - 03:00 AM

asdf @ Darkspawn.
He gets my vote.

#30 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 13 August 2007 - 08:25 PM

This is one of the hardest SotW vote decisions I ever had to make. I see several shots that have qualities about them that seem to beat all the others.

Darkspawn - Nicely done. I love the sidescrolling scenery, although the subscreen section looks kind of bland due to a lot of emptyness.

Ebola Zaire - While I have seen these tiles many times over, I think the design is excellently done. It is shots like these that give a tileset a good name.

Evan the Great - Not sure what to accurately say about it. It looks good, but not the greatest thing either. I am not big on the wall or the stone ground, but the buildings are definitely nice.

Sharon Daniel - I love your improved tiles, but I am sure you can continue to take it to a higher level, most especially those cliffs.

Shoelace - Simply magnificent. I love the overall shot and how everything fits together. The water and cliffs are fantastic choices. My vote goes to this great Eye of the Moon shot.

Trimaster001 - Like Evan's shot, it is good, but not among the best. I am sure it blends very well with the screens adjacent to it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users