More intuitive way to disable sword beams

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Jamian

Jamian

ZC enthusiast

• Members

Posted 19 February 2020 - 02:35 PM

At the moment, the only way to disable sword beams is to set the beam requirements to something impossible (like 200% health). How about having a "no beams" flag that can just be toggled? It would be more intuitive.

• Peteo, Mani Kanina, Shane and 1 other like this

#2 Mani Kanina

Mani Kanina

Rabbits!

• Members

Posted 19 February 2020 - 02:38 PM

I second this notion. It has always been kinda awkward to configure it currently.

#3 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 19 February 2020 - 05:50 PM

I thought there was a way already? I know you can for the wooden sword at least.

Just had a look around ZQ - I guess disabling sword beams was depreciated when the item editor was introduced?

#4 Emily

Emily

Scripter / Dev

• ZC Developers

Posted 19 February 2020 - 07:01 PM

So, if you want a good reason why this won't likely happen, it would eat up an extra flag for little reason. There are a limited number of flags, so adding a flag for something that CAN already be done makes little sense; especially on swords, which are IIRC the item with the most flags taken up already. 

#5 Emily

Emily

Scripter / Dev

• ZC Developers

Posted 19 February 2020 - 07:36 PM

And immediately disregard my prior post. The thread that I presume lead to this request just concluded, and lead me to find a nice REALLY BUGGY behavior.

...To fix that buggy behavior, I actually must recommend exactly this feature request. However, the flag would disable both normal AND peril beams; to disable JUST the normal beams, while leaving peril active, would require the HP thing still.

For specific details, see the bug report I filed, with which I included a proposed fix: https://openzc.org/f...ic.php?f=4&t=10

#6 cbailey78

cbailey78

Initiate

• Members

Posted 23 February 2020 - 05:26 PM

At the moment, the only way to disable sword beams is to set the beam requirements to something impossible (like 200% health). How about having a "no beams" flag that can just be toggled? It would be more intuitive.

Especially for new quest makers using Zquest for the first time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users