The Official Quest Screenshot Critique Thread

• Please log in to reply
7943 replies to this topic

#7516 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 08 October 2017 - 02:47 PM

You have scaled those LttP walls down almost perfectly. It's done so well that it took me a second to realize they are one tile. The color and depth on the clouds is really well done too.
  • Shane likes this

#7517 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 08 October 2017 - 11:57 PM

Obviously, Link can press B to bribe those guards :P.

edit: Oh no he didn't just Lava Reef it. It gets cooler?

hLNSRC5.png

A little late to the party on this one, but I REALLY love this palette. You gotta use it somewhere. I need more of this. :P

• Anthus likes this

#7518 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 09 October 2017 - 12:30 AM

Thanks! I actually did decide to use this one with the other one for two different areas within the same world. I was trying to make a green version, kind of like the bubbly areas in Norfair in Zero Mission, but I didn't like it. This palette is one of my favorites though. Pretty much, I'm a sucker for anything purple, blue, or lava related. :P

• Naru likes this

#7519 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 09 October 2017 - 10:39 AM

mxUvmpn.png

A test screen. :) More information potentially awaiting at the expo, or a soon after.

• SpikeReynolds, Anthus, Bourkification and 7 others like this

#7520 Geoffrey

Geoffrey

Chosen One

• Members

Posted 09 October 2017 - 12:33 PM

I like your trees!

• Shane, Avaro and Matthew like this

#7521 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 09 October 2017 - 03:05 PM

mxUvmpn.png

A test screen. :) More information potentially awaiting at the expo, or a soon after.

I am not saying this is a screen east of Mabe Village but I am also not saying it isn't.

• Bourkification, Shane, Jared and 1 other like this

#7522 Demonlink

Demonlink

Lurking in the shadows...

• Members

Posted 09 October 2017 - 08:54 PM

mxUvmpn.png

F**k, your spriting skills and design are very superior in this screenshot! Reminds me of an advanced GB set Koh used to work on a few years ago... I likes, I digs, I loves everything in it! <3

Here are a few new shots I've decided to share with all of you beautiful people:

ANpSL37.png -> xBVEz0d.png

XKQ56dD.png -> EsJ3vfW.png

AGcnfRq.png -> Aq3GUP3.png

Feedback and reception is welcome. (And needed). :P

• Anthus, Shane, Eddy and 8 others like this

#7523 Naru

Naru

Magus

• Members

Posted 10 October 2017 - 12:39 AM

In the upper left you have an interesting tree. I am not 100% sure I like it there, but I rather want to know where I have seen it before. In the upper right of the upper right I don't like the cut leaves on the wall and I think you should move the ice tiles by half to the right or left since they are also cut. In the bottom left the outlines of the blue/green/gray floor are darker than the floor tiles surrounding it and it looks a bit cut again. Overall they are all just great though.
  • Demonlink likes this

#7524 Zaxarone

Zaxarone

Gigi & Merri Superstar Saga

• Members

Posted 10 October 2017 - 02:15 AM

Ahb95vw.png

hey, here's a reimagining of Level 3 from Zelda 1

What doyou all think

• Shane, Eddy and Matthew like this

#7525 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 10 October 2017 - 02:52 AM

Very nice reimagining! My only suggestion would be to make the leaves more scattered and feel less artificially placed.

• Zaxarone likes this

#7526 Demonlink

Demonlink

Lurking in the shadows...

• Members

Posted 12 October 2017 - 02:20 PM

In the upper left you have an interesting tree. I am not 100% sure I like it there, but I rather want to know where I have seen it before. In the upper right of the upper right I don't like the cut leaves on the wall and I think you should move the ice tiles by half to the right or left since they are also cut. In the bottom left the outlines of the blue/green/gray floor are darker than the floor tiles surrounding it and it looks a bit cut again. Overall they are all just great though.

The tree you mention is one I've seen Sheik use before in earlier GB shots. I might edit the leaves as well, and finally, I did a small adjustment to Evertides Cavern's entrance because, true, it did look a bit cut off. :lol:

Here's one last one. Let's just say this is way sky high, and leads to the game's final areas... but don't get excited though, I haven't reached halfway development yet. :( However, I am proud to say that I have been making more progress on this project than on Hylian Legacy and earlier attempts at a quest, so hopefully I can finish it this time. But, nothing is official until I reach about 60% or more on it. :)

rZzRLc2.png

Credits to Shane for his Sanctuary Tree tiles as well.

Edited by Demonlink, 12 October 2017 - 02:22 PM.

• Twilight Knight, Shane, Eddy and 3 others like this

#7527 Naru

Naru

Magus

• Members

Posted 12 October 2017 - 07:09 PM

I think the water's blue is a bit intense compared to the rest and too close to the background. You could also improve the transition between water and ground?
  • Demonlink likes this

#7528 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 13 October 2017 - 05:35 PM

oejG7am.png

"Ahhh! Not againnn!!!!"

Trying to implement more than just overworld screens...gotta get those dungeons in. :)

• Shane, Eddy, WindRobe and 2 others like this

#7529 Naru

Naru

Magus

• Members

Posted 13 October 2017 - 06:20 PM

I think the white (net/big candles) might be a bit too bright.
  • Jared likes this

#7530 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 13 October 2017 - 06:23 PM

As I said in chat, it looks really good! Palette is great and the white gives off a nice contrast. :)

• Jared likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users