Photo

Screenshot of the Week 344

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 344 (44 member(s) have cast votes)

~

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#16 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 08 November 2011 - 11:28 AM

Not a bad selection for a turnout of just three.

Nolornbon - B+
I am guessing that this is a cut scene type of screen rather than one you actually play (and not looking at previous posts to influence my decision), considering the text in the middle and that both sides of the screen are completely unrelated. Nice work on that if that was what you were doing.

Yoshidude - A-
A screen that revolves around a simple concept done very well. I like seeing screens like that. I like the usage of two different shades of green to add a lot of detail to a very walkable screen.

blue_knight - A-
Love the graphics and what you did with them. It's not often that I see cavernous screens of this caliber, especially in sidescroller view, but we certainly have that here.

Tough decision this time. Yoshidude got my vote for a very slight edge on appeal, as different as both screens were.

#17 Lemon

Lemon

Legend

• Members

Posted 08 November 2011 - 12:27 PM

Nolornbon, you're going to lose to a terribly generic shot and that's a shame. Your screen is incredibly busy, pretty messy, but it's by far the most impressive. As far as cutscenes go, that'd be perfect for one. Both of the half screens look incredibly fun and convey the message you were going for. It's probably one of the best shots submitted in quite awhile.

Kudos kid.

#18 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 10 November 2011 - 03:11 PM

Nolornbon: An interesting screen Nolornbon. Is it supposed to be a sort of Title Screen for the quest? If so, I would have to say that this screen should have the subscreen turned off, and I think it's a little odd having the words going they way they are. Title Screens are an iffy thing to have in SotW, not saying you can't or shouldn't. I do think each half of the screen that shows an area is good though, especially the right half of it.

Yoshidude: This is looking a whole lot better then it did when you first posted it in the Screenshot Critique Thread. The colors are much better, as they are a bit dimmer, and easy on the eyes, unlike the yellow was. The detail of the darker grass ground tiles is much better, and follows the GB games much better. I think the round long grass tiles aren't a good choice to have in a GB quest though, since most things in the quests/games are square shaped, having something rounded like they are kind of breaks up the consistency a bit. *Votes*

blue_knight: A wonderful screen as usual blue_knight! icon_biggrin.gif Just curious about something, the octoroks on the right side of Link, are they jumping, or walking on the top of the water. icon_shrug.gif I know... stupid question, since the one on the left of Link is below the water, and if they are scripted as they were in Zelda II, then they stand there, and jump in place to shoot rocks.... Sorries... Well, the screen design is great, and makes me want to see more. The items you have built are great!

#19 blue_knight

blue_knight

Adept

• Members

Posted 10 November 2011 - 04:59 PM

QUOTE(Angeal @ Nov 10 2011, 12:11 PM) View Post

blue_knight: A wonderful screen as usual blue_knight! icon_biggrin.gif Just curious about something, the octoroks on the right side of Link, are they jumping, or walking on the top of the water. icon_shrug.gif I know... stupid question, since the one on the left of Link is below the water, and if they are scripted as they were in Zelda II, then they stand there, and jump in place to shoot rocks.... Sorries... Well, the screen design is great, and makes me want to see more. The items you have built are great!
Yeah they are jumping, hard to see in a still frame but quite obvious in motion. Unlike Z2 (or most of the time anyway - there were a few rare Octoroks that did move), these guys will move forward over flat surfaces sometimes as well as shooting (but will not move over ledges). That and they won't always jump to shoot, sometimes they will shoot from the ground as well if nothing is blocking the way.

Edited by blue_knight, 10 November 2011 - 04:59 PM.

#20 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 14 November 2011 - 05:19 PM

Let's try this again! I had this closed, and the an announcement in the SotW Announcement Thread, but with the site going down again last night, it reverted a bit. Oh well, not much work to do it again. icon_lol.gif

Nolornbon - 7 votes = 16.67%
Yoshidude - 21 votes = 50.00%
blue_knight - 14 votes = 33.33%

Total Votes: 42

Yoshidude
IPB Image
Link is once again in Rokai falls.

Congrats Yoshidude! icon_smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users