Photo

Screenshot of the Week 344

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 344 (44 member(s) have cast votes)

~

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 07 November 2011 - 02:11 PM

Nolornbon
IPB Image
Link is in a world of wonder and danger called Evervale. He is scared of the massive and deadly dungeons there, but Zelda's telepathic communications and intuition are with him to help him survive this special adventure. Slay the evil Pervert Link, Link!

Yoshidude
IPB Image
Link is once again in Rokai falls.

blue_knight
IPB Image
Attacked from all sides.

(Fell asleep while preparing this week's SotW last night... icon_sweat.gif )

#2 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 07 November 2011 - 02:59 PM

Ah Yoshidude, that screen is wonderful! Great use of the gameboy tiles! It has atmosphere. Voting for this!

Nolornbon, I don't understand your screen, but it looks nice. Blue Knight, if I would be Link in your screen, I would kill the octorocts next to me, I wouldn't care about the bat in this moment! Great tiles, I like the water.

#3 judasrising

judasrising

I play guitar

• Members

Posted 07 November 2011 - 03:06 PM

icon_smile.gif

My vote goes to blue_knight

very good screen icon_thumbsup.gif icon_thumbsup.gif

#4 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 07 November 2011 - 08:43 PM

Nolornbon:
I love the right half (except for the telephone), but I feel that the text strip with Zelda, and the bright
pink walls kill it. I think this would be an awesome chance to make the water just go into a waterfall
off the edge of the world in the center.

Yoshidude:
A beautiful screen although the choice of grass tiles near the sign is questionable.
This looks a lot like the SotM 84 winner.

blue_knight:
This screen looks like a lot of fun. The level of detail on the player and enemy tiles is not as high
as the quality of the background, though.

#5 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 07 November 2011 - 09:04 PM

Nolornbon
IPB Image
Random, is this a joke shot? icon_glare.gif

Yoshidude
IPB Image
Seen it, looks good but looks old seeing it 4 or more times. Now be sure not to remake this in Pure Remembrance, DoR, Pure or Classic now hehe. icon_wink.gif

blue_knight
IPB Image
Epic. Voted.

Edited by Shane, 07 November 2011 - 09:10 PM.

#6 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 07 November 2011 - 09:05 PM

I voted for Yoshidude. Rokai Falls is the next Selhera Village huh? icon_razz.gif

#7 Adem

Adem

-

• Members

Posted 07 November 2011 - 09:11 PM

I voted for Yoshidude. I like the design, not just the detail and palette. icon_smile.gif

#8 blue_knight

blue_knight

Adept

• Members

Posted 07 November 2011 - 09:22 PM

QUOTE(Cukeman @ Nov 7 2011, 05:43 PM) View Post

blue_knight:
This screen looks like a lot of fun. The level of detail on the player and enemy tiles is not as high
as the quality of the background, though.
Yeah I've just done basic recoloring for the enemies so far. I'll go back and make additional enhancements once the dungeon is finished. I'm starting to put them in now though so I can tweak the gameplay. Of course I really need to give the player the appropriate number of hearts - they should have 6 at this point in the game not 16...

The dungeon featured in the upcoming demo will probably be the 3rd major dungeon in the game.

#9 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members

Posted 07 November 2011 - 09:26 PM

Nolornbon - Interesting setup you have going on here... I see no issues with either side of the shot, but it's slightly confusing and I don't like the words there. Must say I'm interested in this idea though.

Yoshidude - Voted here. It's the best looking this week, the rain doesn't hide the action, it's designed well, not much to say.

blue_knight - Much better, since things are actually going on here. I'm starting to like this style, and you're doing well with it. icon_smile.gif

#10 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 07 November 2011 - 09:48 PM

[Nolornbon] I like what I'm seeing but what I'm seeing is a confusing screen That has many Interpretations, the one i see is Two events happening at one time you know icon_wink.gif I rate you a 8.5/10

[Yoshidude] you know that looks amazing!! It works so perfect, the rain does not cover up the screen by blocking the action it has a perfect feeling to it icon_smile.gif. I rate you a 9.9/10 Voted<Great job Yoshi icon_biggrin.gif

[blue_knight] This one looks great too, I had a hard time choosing Yoshidude's or your screen The graphics looks pretty good the only thing I see is the monsters look a little out of place The colors of the enemies seem off to me you know
With all the other Custom tiles and colors you have. So I Rate You a 9.8/10 Good job icon_biggrin.gif

a good week guys keep it up icon_smile.gif

#11 Rambly

Rambly

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 07 November 2011 - 10:26 PM

Nolornbon's was seriously the most eye-catching to me this week. I know it breaks all the established rules of "proper" screen design, but on the other hand it breaks all the established rules of "proper" screen design, which is pretty cool.

#12 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 08 November 2011 - 01:06 AM

To start, I voted for Yoshidude. That is a really well done GB shot. I think you'd do well to stick with the GB set; you've got great potential with it. icon_smile.gif

Nolornbon, I love the idea you've got going. The two scenes are really cramped, and I feel it can be fixed with some careful tweaking. But it's a neat idea! Nicely done. :3

blue_knight, your screen looks pretty nice and it's interesting. My major problem though is that the enemies (and to a lesser extent, Link) look a little under detailed compared to everything else on the screen. Perhaps sprucing them up to make them fit a little more would be an option?

#13 blue_knight

blue_knight

Adept

• Members

Posted 08 November 2011 - 01:45 AM

QUOTE(SpacemanDan @ Nov 7 2011, 10:06 PM) View Post

blue_knight, your screen looks pretty nice and it's interesting. My major problem though is that the enemies (and to a lesser extent, Link) look a little under detailed compared to everything else on the screen. Perhaps sprucing them up to make them fit a little more would be an option?
As I mentioned above, I plan on improving the enemies once the dungeon is complete. At this point I'm focusing on getting the layout and gameplay done. icon_smile.gif

Thanks for the comments, I'm glad you guys like the shot. For more screenshots of the cave area, without enemies, see the game thread.

Edited by blue_knight, 08 November 2011 - 01:45 AM.

#14 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 08 November 2011 - 02:00 AM

I...should probably read things more thoroughly... I missed your post somehow. O_o Though I look forward to seeing what the completed product will look like. :3

#15 )-( Marchland Malady )-(

)-( Marchland Malady )-(

)M( Still No Tombs In The Sims 4 )M(

• Members

Posted 08 November 2011 - 08:58 AM

I wasn't intending for my screen to be a joke shot. It basically shows two aspects of Link's adventure, and the middle strip with Zelda shows that she is guiding him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users