Having issues with some dialogues on certain quests

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Chavez

Chavez

• Members

Posted 28 March 2021 - 01:44 PM

Salutations community of PureZC.

I recently got back into playing purezc fanmade games  after a few years and..there's been an issue going on for certain quests where it doesn't show the full dialogue of what the characters are saying, I can't tell if this is a screen resolution issue or maybe my monitor is too small (I use 1280x960. If someone suggests me to use 1600x1200 that won't work since that always ends up as a 320x480 resolution for some reason) Anyways here's two examples of two quests I picked up with this issue.

Hero of Dreams: 

jfgdLK.png

Nine Villages:

so7gHB.png

Its really frustrating that I'm unable to see what the characters are saying. I'm not exactly sure why this is happening, never seen anything like it. Anyways that's all I have to say, I look forward to make lets plays on PureZC quests in the future just for the hell of it, but if this going on who knows where, it won't be fun to make a video about. 

That's all I have to say, have a nice day.

PS: If this is on the wrong section, I do apologize for that, I just figured this would be the correct section to ask and yeah.

• SkyLizardGirl likes this

#2 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 28 March 2021 - 02:57 PM

Huh... this is really bizarre. What version of ZC are using? What operating system does your computer run?

• Twilight Knight likes this

#3 Chavez

Chavez

• Members

Posted 28 March 2021 - 03:16 PM

Huh... this is really bizarre. What version of ZC are using? What operating system does your computer run?

I'm using the ZC 2.55 for windows and as for my OS, also Windows..Windows 10

• SkyLizardGirl likes this

#4 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

Tell all with glee, Argon's on PureZC

• Members

Posted 28 March 2021 - 03:35 PM

These are pretty old quests made with version 2.10 or so

2.55 is still in alpha and probably not most compatible with those older quests

It surely will work better with version 2.53: https://www.zeldacla....com/downloads/

#5 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 28 March 2021 - 04:51 PM

Which build of 2.55 in particular are you using? It's very possible this is a bug that was accidentally introduced, in which case the devs could probably reproduce and fix it.

#6 SkyLizardGirl

SkyLizardGirl

Unbeknownst to danger we call upon your help

• Banned

Posted 29 March 2021 - 02:42 AM

We need an option in the ZC player to show the entire text in older Z quests or force message strings

to wrap around or something, this is something we need for old quests that cannot be unlocked or fixed.

Edited by SkyLizardGirl, 29 March 2021 - 02:43 AM.

#7 Chavez

Chavez

• Members

Posted 29 March 2021 - 01:02 PM

Which build of 2.55 in particular are you using? It's very possible this is a bug that was accidentally introduced, in which case the devs could probably reproduce and fix it.

I think its this? 

I4894k.png

If this isn't the build or whatever then I apologize, I get kinda nervous when someone asks me a question and wants me to answer, I feel stupid sometimes...

#8 Emily

Emily

Scripter / Dev

• ZC Developers

Posted 29 March 2021 - 03:14 PM

We need an option in the ZC player to show the entire text in older Z quests or force message strings

to wrap around or something, this is something we need for old quests that cannot be unlocked or fixed.

this should already occur

#9 SkyLizardGirl

SkyLizardGirl

Unbeknownst to danger we call upon your help

• Banned

Posted 29 March 2021 - 06:34 PM

this should already occur

I too have had some strings cut off in my game at times. 

I need a script or something that scrolls text downward in the same exact box if it reaches outside a box.

What option in the editor does this?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users