Opening #6 - Showcasing

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Forum Moderators

Posted 16 April 2010 - 09:33 PM

It has been long overdue, but here it is!

To answer the question of whether we are merging or adding new people, we are actually doing both. With three forums of just one occupant each, two of those will be merged and one new person will be added to the other. Which ones will merge will be determined after the winner of the voting phase has been decided. Of the three lone occupants, the seniority is in order of who has had their QPF the longest first: Blaman, then ZebraStallion, and then Russ. Blaman will get first decision (who gets to join him - Russ, ZebraStallion, or the new addition, simply to keep his QPF, or to completely pass to ZebraStallion), ZebraStallion will get second decision if there is still something to decide, then Russ if necessary, and then staff-based decisions if absolutely necessary. They can also discuss it amongst themselves in advance if they wish, of course.

But to get to the available position: If you are not familiar with the rules or procedures, please review the pinned topic in this forum, or click here. Posting in this topic will be limited to interested candidates showcasing one of their projects, which could be a Zelda Classic quest project or a Zelda Classic tileset project. I will let this run for a week before the poll comes up, unless I later feel there needs to be more time.

With that said, show your cards, and good luck!

#2 Shane

Shane

Average Quest Maker

• Members

Posted 16 April 2010 - 11:16 PM

I might have a go:

The Legend of Zelda - Mists' Blood

NOTE:This is inspired by a book I read called 'The Mist' by my favorite writer.

It came without warning...
It Transformed a kingdom...
Into a Nightmare...

Story

Hyrule was once an empty void. Three golden people known as the goddesses decided to make use of this void.

The goddess of power Din created the red earth,
the goddess of wisdom Narya gave law to the world.
Finally the goddess of courage Farore she made the living beings.

Once the planet was made they created 3 golden relics known as the Triforce.

Years after the event people discovered the true origin of the relics and started a war over it.

Many were dead, injured, and tired.

Suddenly a 12 year old boy stood up and held up a sword people stop and stared he shouted "This war will never end we shall use the triforce to make peace!"

Years past everyone none have broke the balance of peace until a man from the desert sands.

He claimed Hyrule as his own he killed many people that blocked his path.

The boy came back and killed the man with the help of a princess.

Years later and another great evil has yet to be discovered.

The Mist

Its powers are stronger then your mind can imagine.

It can create numbers of blood-thrust monsters.

The mist is slowly spreading over Hyrule.

Information

This not Z1 quest style witch involves 8 pieces/Gannon/Zelda, actually that all aren't an important roll, this game takes place in Hyrule as always. The main concept is the weather (Hot or Cold) to change it you need to go to Weather Temple to collect 3 items, the wand of weather (powerless) and to spells to power up the wand you won't get them all together yet after Level 1 you get the rod, after Level 2 you get the cold Spell, and before Level 3 you get the Hot Spell.

Heat can make mushrooms solid witch are pushable, Flowers bloom from the blizzards, water not frozen, and sometimes you can't get to the other side ledge because theres no snowy walls Certain Trees regrow from the deadly cold weather.

Cold can make mushrooms awaken witch are not pushable, flowers are stone, water is frozen, snowy walls let you cross ledge to ledge and Certain Trees shrivel up.

instead of a wand we can have 4 interments (from LA) to control different weather at the end of each dungeon you get a instrument now theres (Heat, Snow, Rain, Windy, Mist.)

Rain, can flood Gorges, Wind can move things around.

The interments are a Didgeridoo, Drums, Bell, Villon, Trombone. (Not in order.)

Screenshots

http://i41.tinypic.com/2wd1ykp.png / http://i42.tinypic.com/rib09s.png

Special Thanks

Akkabus, for this awesome tileset.
Jupiter, for giving me ideas on the didgeridoo and Rain/Wind Ideas.
Creators of ZC, with out this I still be be bored.
Capcom, for created 2 unique games.
Nintendo, for creating the best game ever.

EDIT: Added another paragraph in the Information Section and Special Thanks Section.

Edited by Midnight_King, 17 April 2010 - 07:02 PM.

#3 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Forum Moderators

Posted 18 April 2010 - 11:36 AM

I am going to bump this, mainly because I think a lot of people who search the forums, however they do, are missing this topic and are therefore unaware that we have an opening available. I have no doubt that more than one person is interested. I will only bump it once more if the same problem is the case a full week after I made this topic.

EDIT: I will also make an announcement, as per Joe's suggestion, since not everybody views this forum due to its only occasional usage.

#4 Moo2wo

Moo2wo

Yes, you're seeing this.

• Members

Posted 18 April 2010 - 02:21 PM

The Legend of Zelda: The Meaning of Christmas Deluxe

Zelda Classic Version: 2.10 (Yeah, people still use this. icon_lol.gif )
Size: Small (One overworld with 64 screens; 4 medium sized dungeons with roughly 25-35 rooms each; an undetermined amount of Heart Container caves)
Tileset: Pure Tileset Update Extreme (Modified)
Release Date: May 15th, 2010

Story:
Old Santa Clause was minding his own business in the North Pole, when there was a knock on the door. Santa saw that it was a huge pig thing with a trident. The pig-trident thing broke in and grabbed Santa.

As we all know, Santa has the awesome ability to sent telepathic messages. So he sent one to the kid at the top of the nice list, Link, hoping he'd come to save him.

The pig-trident thing found out that Santa had done this, and saw his opportunity. He'd always wanted to make the people of Hyru1e suffer for making fun of him as a boy, so he sent Link a message, too. He said that he wouldn't let the boy into his castle without the Three Keys of Christmas, which had the power to flood Hyrule.

Armed with only a sword given to him by an old gangster, the boy sets out to find the keys and save Christmas...
Screens: (Sorry guys, the overworld isn't playable yet so these are taken in ZQuest)

IPB Image
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

Again, I'm sorry.

Credits:
Mr. Z, for the PTUX tileset.
LostinHyru1e, for making the awesome original game.
Nintendo, for creating the Legend of Zelda.

#5 lightdestroyer

lightdestroyer

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 18 April 2010 - 02:36 PM

The Legend of Zelda : Seals of the Beast

Made in 2.5

This is my first quest; a quest I've been planning for a year. Although a year is long, the story I present here is not. Why ? Because the rest is to discover within the game...

Features

-Two complete 8x16 overworlds, with tons of secrets to find.

-Ten dungeons, each with a different theme.

-Completely custom bosses made by me.

-Relive the events of your past and find the truth about the island.

Story

You wake up in a land that was formerly yours. Now, it is only ruins of what you knew. You don't remember anything and no one around seems to be able to help you. As you explore around, all you find are rotten corpses, remains of what was once a great country. The spirits of the villagers warns you of a dangerous creature now inhabiting the land, devouring it little by little. Your only hope is to break the seal in each of the eight temples around the island.

Will you be able to reach your goal before the beast destroy you ?

Screenshots

Through the game, you will sometimes be able to rest in your memories and find useful items to continue your journey. Each temple possess a portal, which will help you remember your past.

IPB Image IPB Image
The first area of the game and its counterpart in your memories.

IPB Image IPB Image
Further explorations in the area.

IPB Image
The Active Subscreen, made to look like ALTTP.

IPB Image
The odor of the blood and the burning flesh is horrible...

#6 Lemon

Lemon

Legend

• Members

Posted 18 April 2010 - 10:48 PM

A Gentleman's Quest
or; The Extraordinary adventures of Gordon Darcey Pertaining to the Bluerose fiasco, the tragedy of the Emerald Dragon, and the Scarlet Revolution

Beneath a beautiful sunny day, terrific for going on a picnic or enjoying a nice stroll in the woods while breathing in the fresh air, the industrialized city of Vivote spews clouds of smog and dirt into the sky and streets, creating a black blanket that shields it's inhabitants from joy and warmth.

The common men work in the docks and small shops. Some lucky few specialize in clothes made from kittens, or dabble in violent spices. The majority, however, have no education, no ambition, were the bastard products of the Bluerose Brothel. Born without family nor fortune they grow and inevitably spend their lives in The Factory.

Vivote exists because of The Factory. Before it had been some fields of flowers where a unique species of butterflies called their home. Long gone, after The Factory was built, the workers came, and the city was built haphazardly. No planning was involved beyond supplying the working mass a place to live and a direct route for them to get to work.

The overseer and director of The Factory is a Mr. Gordon Edward Darcey. A brutal director. A recreational fencer. A gentleman.

He and the other upper class of Vivote thrive in the luxurious Black Towers, situated outside the city and separated by a impenetrable wall. The only entrance between them a solid gold gate; appropriately called The Golden Gate.

He does not desire to see the plebians suffer, and derives no joy from it, but firmly believes that any man can obtain power and wealth if he dedicates himself to it. Why not? He is a perfect example of success.

Besides Gordon's left eye, made null from a duel with a certain lady many years prior, he is also blind to the powder keg that lies beneath his mansion in Black Towers. The people suffer in silence, but in hushed whisper they plot. Gordon's theory may be correct; for there is another man slowly stepping out of the shadows to prove that even a plebeian can make a tyrant fall. Rallying his troops, the time for attack is near. The tickets are purchased, the traps are set. A revolution has begun; and there will be scarlet rivers.

This is the stage in which A Gentleman's Quest is set. You play as Gordon... and I'd tell you more but than I'd spoil things! Damn! What I can give you is the general outline of the game, which is the following:

Chapter 1: The Bluerose Beggar
Chapter 2: The Emerald Dragon
Chapter 3: St.Claire's Stronghold
Chapter 4: The Scarlet Revolution
Chapter V: ?

All chapters will have multiple dungeons in them, lot's of fun characters to chat with, and end with a marvelous boss fight of some epic proportion. The city itself is the overworld; complete with the standard things like lot's of houses; a underground; and lot's of fun places to investigate. Chapter V is going to be part of a sidequest which I'm still debating on how accessible I want to be. Regardless, it'll be a chapters worth of extra character development; plot stuff; and fancy shiny objects that'll be completely optional for the player to discover.

Chapter 1 & 2 are completely planned out, and 1 is almost completely mapped out. There are a lot of things that need finishing though (subscreen, few houses here and there), but you can almost play through the entirety of the first chapter. I'm looking at releasing a demo in the middle of summer or something. (Got finals in four weekssss****).

Chapter 3 & 4 are roughly sketched out; I know exactly what'll happen, but am not going to worry about it to much until I'm well into chapter two. I know exactly how this will play out and such, but there are a lot of little things I'm enjoying toying around with in my imagination before I make any solid decisions as I did for the first.

Other things

Screenshots
IPB ImageIPB Image
IPB ImageIPB Image
IPB ImageIPB Image
IPB ImageIPB Image
IPB ImageIPB Image
IPB ImageIPB Image
IPB Image

Subscreen is killing me as much as I'm sure it is everyone else... but there's no way I'm going to have that done by the time this expires so... shoots! Like the character portraits, I've got the planned sub screen drawn out, it's the coloring and application that are killing me at the moment. I'd upload a bit more of the concept art stuffs I've done for this, but that last one is the only one which is easy to find. Graphic may not be of Sd3 quality, but because it's all done by me, it's hard to make things that clash or look away.

Edited by Lemon, 21 April 2010 - 09:03 AM.

#7 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Forum Moderators

Posted 22 April 2010 - 02:28 PM

At least four is a good number of candidates, while still not the highest of demands I would hope to see. I will close this in a day, before we start voting. So last call for anybody else who is interested.

#8 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Forum Moderators

Posted 23 April 2010 - 09:30 PM

Time is up. I will have the poll up shortly.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users