Notice

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
51 replies to this topic

#1 Ben

Ben

a very grumpy

• Members

Posted 09 September 2008 - 06:29 PM

A board software upgrade is pending. Currently, the earliest available time for it to occur is this Saturday, but that is not set in stone. This warning is to give several days notice so you won't be surprised to come back and find that the boards are not working. There is no estimate on how long the boards will be down as of yet either, but in all likelihood it should not take long at all.

In addition, to help facilitate this, Nate has been given Site Staff status. We haven't decided if this promotion is going to be permanent or not yet, so stay tuned.

While the upgrade is in progress, you can still join us in chat on irc.sixlabrats.com, port 6667, channel #PureZC.

#2 Nate

Nate

Magus

• Members

Posted 09 September 2008 - 06:32 PM

You beat me to it, Noir.

Yes, currently I'm writing the skin for the latest forum software. There is a large variety of new features that are included in the software, that will be a MAJOR benefit to the forums.

I'm personally going to be performing this update, and will see through that it goes successfully.

#3 Aslion

Aslion

End Fascism

• Members

Posted 09 September 2008 - 06:41 PM

Whee, I get to learn how to operate a new version of forum. I wonder if I'm the only one not happy with this update.

And grats on the promotion Nate. Just don't yell at me too much. icon_frown.gif

#4 Nate

Nate

Magus

• Members

Posted 09 September 2008 - 06:46 PM

There's no major differences in the way the forum works, and the skinning is kept the same. You probably won't even notice it's updated, so you won't be needing to "learn" anything at all.

There is some nice features I think a lot of you will be excited about that has to do with your profiles though icon_wink.gif

#5 Eurysilas

Eurysilas

Paladin

• Members

Posted 09 September 2008 - 07:22 PM

Yay, a nice shiny update! I'm happy. We'll be "inveencibal!" (Goldeneye reference).

#6 XMSB

XMSB

Furry Friends Furever

• Members

Posted 09 September 2008 - 08:13 PM

First of all, it's good to hear that there is a board software update pending.
Second, congrats on your promotion to Site Staff, Nate. I noticed that they skipped the Global Mod Position for you.

#7 Nate

Nate

Magus

• Members

Posted 09 September 2008 - 08:30 PM

QUOTE(Pokegamer1989 @ Sep 9 2008, 06:13 PM) View Post

First of all, it's good to hear that there is a board software update pending.
Second, congrats on your promotion to Site Staff, Nate. I noticed that they skipped the Global Mod Position for you.

Thank you.

Lithium, I forgot to thank you as well, so thank you icon_smile.gif

#8 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 09 September 2008 - 08:40 PM

Congrats Nate!

What will be different with the forums though?

#9 Nate

Nate

Magus

• Members

Posted 09 September 2008 - 08:49 PM

http://forums.invisionpower.com

or

http://www.thatoneforum.com

I own the above forum, I'm not advertising it. It will soon be gone completely as soon as we update. We're using my license from that site over here on Pure, but until I delete it, feel free to take a peak at some of the new stuff icon_smile.gif

#10 Fabbrizio

Fabbrizio

Legend

• Members

Posted 09 September 2008 - 08:59 PM

QUOTE(Nate @ Sep 9 2008, 07:49 PM) View Post

http://forums.invisionpower.com

or

http://www.thatoneforum.com

I own the above forum, I'm not advertising it. It will soon be gone completely as soon as we update. We're using my license from that site over here on Pure, but until I delete it, feel free to take a peak at some of the new stuff icon_smile.gif

wayyyt since when are you site staff?

since now, I guess.

either way, I hope this works!

#11 Nate

Nate

Magus

• Members

Posted 09 September 2008 - 09:02 PM

QUOTE(Powerbracelet @ Sep 9 2008, 06:59 PM) View Post

wayyyt since when are you site staff?

since now, I guess.

either way, I hope this works!

Since tonight.

It will, I did an upgrade on a demonstration board based off of PureZC's database/forum layout. The current layout won't work, so I need to recreate it, clone it exactly so that we don't loose the look and feel.

#12 Fabbrizio

Fabbrizio

Legend

• Members

Posted 09 September 2008 - 09:11 PM

QUOTE(Nate @ Sep 9 2008, 08:02 PM) View Post

Since tonight.

It will, I did an upgrade on a demonstration board based off of PureZC's database/forum layout. The current layout won't work, so I need to recreate it, clone it exactly so that we don't loose the look and feel.

geez first you're just someone then you're a local mod then suddenly you're site staff? who said you could skip rungs/heart containers? oh yea other site staff I guess.

Edited by Powerbracelet, 09 September 2008 - 09:12 PM.

#13 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 09 September 2008 - 09:21 PM

Sometimes a need for the right direction calls, which calls for the person with those skills. We have known Nate for a long time, despite his short tenure on staff. We are in good hands, as he brings some added and very needed skills to the team. He is also a great person to be around. Congratulations Nate, and thank goodness I am not speaking in the third person!

#14 Deviance

Deviance

Le' Deviant

• Banned

Posted 09 September 2008 - 09:30 PM

About time we are getting a update. Just make sure you backup! icon_razz.gif

#15 Nate

Nate

Magus

• Members

Posted 09 September 2008 - 09:40 PM

Why of course, Sean. Duh! icon_razz.gif haha.

Thanks Nathaniel icon_smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users