Youtube

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#46 Kivitoe

Kivitoe

Sponsored by Taco Bell

• Members

Posted 24 August 2015 - 02:35 PM

I know this is extremely late, but my favorite is ether explodingTNT or OMGcraft

#47 UZF

UZF

Junior

• Members

Posted 24 August 2015 - 03:11 PM

I'd like to add, Jim Sterling, Peanut Butter Gamer, Escapist, The Drunken Peasants, Pat The NES Punk to my list.

#48 TK8305

TK8305

I <3 Miyu

• Members

Posted 24 August 2015 - 03:22 PM

Mine are:

Teamudf (Best ZC LPer IMO)

BaltisMC (Does awesome Metroid/God of War stuff)

NeoMegaMan (Mugen & Katawa Shoujo!)

RedMage1987 (That dude is pro at the games he plays!)

LittleKuriboh (Mark Remark & Yu-Gi-Oh Abridged is amazing!)

FoolKiller99 (Love watching his TNA Impact Reviews)

MtgXerxes (VERY fun pro Pokemon battler to watch!)

Nbz (Another epic Pokemon battler to watch!)

McGammar (Even though he's not active anymore....he was my FAV all around Lets Player)

Up & Comers (LP-wise)

MbwChampion (Dude's energy is eccentric & electric!  xD)

SonicHeroes4Ever (His Happy Wheels stuff had me LOLing hard)

SCKnuckles (He's growing slowly but surely)

Edited by TK8305, 24 August 2015 - 03:23 PM.

#49 Item

Item

Senior

• Banned

Posted 01 February 2017 - 10:46 AM

It used to be PewDiePie when he was still in the old YouTube days. I still like him, but not as much as I used to (his FalconLover videos were pretty funny I'll admit).

I'm now more torn between Achievement Hunter, pwnagemcgee and Markiplier (also Yamimash and the Yogscast... and Jacksepticeye). Markiplier, pwnagemcgee and Achievement Hunter are favourites though. I love Markiplier because of his horror videos, they are simply hilarious and his scares are golden.

I also love pwnagemcgee, again because of horror games. The thing is with pwnagemcgee is that there are ELEVEN people playing a horror game at once, and even better they are all drunk (which is where 11 Drunk Guys Play comes from). They even try to blaze it up on some really scary horror games (like 5 Nights).

Finally, Achievement Hunter is really awesome too. I'm mostly a fan of their Minecraft LPs and their Worms playthroughs as well as Rage Quit. My favourite member out of that group is obviously Gavin Free, the funniest Brit and guy on the channel. His random screams and English-talk are hilarious and everyone constantly picking on him. Michael (who does Rage Quit) is also amazing.

As for minor Let's Players, I would probably say Shane with his DayDay series, DaviAwesome and either Eppy or Jubbz.

Pewdiepie is now a moron. He faked his YT deletion, because he begged for more views because some had 900k+ and it was 2M+. People were so fooled, he fake deleted his backup account which has 1.2M+. I used to like that guy for 5 years, until he brought that crap up. 

#50 Joelmacool

Joelmacool

Addicted to Overwatch

• Moderators

Posted 01 February 2017 - 02:08 PM

Pewdiepie is now a moron. He faked his YT deletion, because he begged for more views because some had 900k+ and it was 2M+. People were so fooled, he fake deleted his backup account which has 1.2M+. I used to like that guy for 5 years, until he brought that crap up. 

You know he was being sarcastic?... right?

Edited by Joelmacool, 01 February 2017 - 02:09 PM.

#51 Item

Item

Senior

• Banned

Posted 01 February 2017 - 02:21 PM

You know he was being sarcastic?... right?

I know that, but still, he made a stupid choice that fooled 50m people.

#52 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 01 February 2017 - 02:35 PM

Honestly, I found that really hilarious lol. And I honestly thought the YT channel deletion thing was really obvious (so in a way, it was the peoples' fault for not seeing it as a joke lel) and I don't think it was for views at all, it was more of a joke IIRC. IMO, I find his current content way better than the stuff he done in the past and they're actually entertaining to watch now :P

I guess since this thread got revived after about 2 years or so, my list of favourite YouTubers have changed (obviously), so to be back on topic, here are some of my current favourites now:

- PewDiePie
- Markiplier

- Vinesauce (Vinny, GPM and Joel specifically)

- EricVanWilderman (does loads of Geometry Dash stuff)

- RedHuseey (quite a small and new channel right now, but that "Spanish Geometry Dash Player" video killed my sides)

- FilthyFrank

- IDubbbzTV

- DashieGames

- H3H3Productions

• Item likes this

#53 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 01 February 2017 - 03:02 PM

I've been enjoying Gaming Historian recently.  He's not outlandish, doesn't get angry, nor tries to be all that funny, but does a good job talking about, as the name implies, the history of gaming.  He's got that sort of "voice for radio" that's really easy to listen to for hours on end.  He has a few series on his page, but I'm particular toward Gameboy World, where he's playing through every single Gameboy game chronologically and talks about the history of its origins and development, and talks about his likes and dislikes about it, as well as how it ended up doing overall in terms of popularity and sales.  It's pretty entertaining and also surprisingly relaxing, especially when compared to the number of YouTube gamers who uh, can act outrageously while they're playing something that's frustrating them.

#54 Item

Item

Senior

• Banned

Posted 01 February 2017 - 03:07 PM

Honestly, I found that really hilarious lol. And I honestly thought the YT channel deletion thing was really obvious (so in a way, it was the peoples' fault for not seeing it as a joke lel) and I don't think it was for views at all, it was more of a joke IIRC. IMO, I find his current content way better than the stuff he done in the past and they're actually entertaining to watch now :P

I guess since this thread got revived after about 2 years or so, my list of favourite YouTubers have changed (obviously), so to be back on topic, here are some of my current favourites now:

- PewDiePie
- Markiplier

- Vinesauce (Vinny, GPM and Joel specifically)

- EricVanWilderman (does loads of Geometry Dash stuff)

- RedHuseey (quite a small and new channel right now, but that "Spanish Geometry Dash Player" video killed my sides)

My favorite youtuber is, Jack

#55 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members

Posted 01 February 2017 - 03:55 PM

Without question, JonTron.

A lot can change in two years. While JonTron's more recent stuff since this post have still been funny, it doesn't tend to have the same charm as his older material. Unless it's the Skateboard Kid and Dark Dungeons reviews because those are amazing.

But it's no longer "without question," because I've added more than a few people to that list that I enjoy. Cinemassacre always puts out good stuff, whether it's AVGN, James and Mike, Mike and Bootsy, Mike and Ryan, or the occasional one-off or movie-related reviews. PeanutButterGamer is great, particularly PBGGameplay, which the "PB&Jeff" series always brings me some good entertainment and I'd honestly say is better than Game Grumps. I also watch the Grumps as well, and they can be pretty funny and very real (particularly Danny), though I'm prone to get annoyed when they go overboard with certain topics or jokes that really aren't funny.

One guy who's kinda risen to prominence is ProJared. Before, he was sorta just the "extra" game reviewer guy on my subscriptions list, but I've really come to enjoy his format and his humor. He's a funny guy. Plus it helps that he's actually still talking about games. *glances at Jon's last four videos which have had nothing to do with video games*

• Rambly likes this

#56 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 01 February 2017 - 09:20 PM

This is one of those topics that are great to revive because like mentioned in the post above, a lot of things change. I'll give a good list of people who are subscribed to, but before I do so, I want to respond to a comment made to mine awhile back that I missed:

So what, about 100% of the film makers on youtube?

My comment meant nothing, I just said that to sound clever. I wasn't saying saying it to imply that he was superior because he is a filmmaker or anything.

So anyways, on to my list:

Political:

• Sargon of Akkad
  • The Amazing Atheist
  • Drunken Peasants
  • Thunderfoot
  • Creationist Cat (More so for entertainment and criticizing above channels)

Gaming/Entertainment:

• BLACKB0ND
  • Oxhorn (for very interesting Fallout 4 specific videos)
  • Geekdom (for very interesting Dragon Ball related videos)
  • AlphaOmegaSin
  • Cinemassacre (Even though AVGN himself has gone very stale and lame)
  • The Game/Film Theorists
  • ReviewTechUSA
  • Honest Game Trailers (Not actually a channel)
  • Games Done Quick

Educational/Tech:

• LinusTechTips
  • TED

Channels I don't care for:

• Game Grumps: Took me a long time to decide on this. I first liked them because I thought they were funny, but they're also way too immature and I find their youtube fanbase to be also very immature. Certainly a channel targeted towards children.
  • Markiplier: Same reason as above, just never cared too much for him.
  • PewdiePie: Same as above and above. Immature foolish game channels. 
  • Jontron: Same as above, above, and above. I feel Jontron is the worst of them all. 
  • Mostly everything else that tries to be the three I listed above. 

#57 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 01 February 2017 - 09:41 PM

I don't have a huge list, but I like vsauce, GameExplain, ReviewTechUSA, CWR, Arlo, and Shezes. Shezes is my current favorite cause he does this awesome "Boundary Break" series, which, to quote him, means we basically take the camera anywhere we want in some of your favorite games.

I watch a lot of random LPs, Top 10s, and other shit like that, I don't subscribe to a ton of stuff, so I kind of play it by ear.. or, eye? Anywho.

#58 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members

Posted 01 February 2017 - 09:48 PM

Cinemassacre (Even though AVGN himself has gone very stale and lame)

Eh, of the five videos he put out last year (wow was it really only five), I really enjoyed Megaman Games, Paperboy, and Berenstain Bears. They were entertaining, though the Berenstain Bears one was released at the wrong time (I can't really call it a Halloween special). Beavis and Butthead? Maybe it would've been a better episode if I had ever watched that show, but otherwise, wasn't into it. Sega Activator Interactor Menacer? Somewhat amusing, but wasn't a good AVGN episode at all. Would have preferred him to talk more about the actual item and some history behind them. But otherwise, I haven't given up on the Nerd yet.

#59 Mitsukara

Mitsukara

Ara?

• Members

Posted 01 February 2017 - 09:51 PM

I can't really pick a single favorite, so I made a list:

• Mystery - Haven't seen enough to place these on a list just yet, but am planning to when I can. I also hadn't heard of them until semi-recently. 
  • Gold - Fantastic stuff that I love, and had a significant impact on me. I've likely seen most of it, some repeatedly, though I can't always keep up, I still consistently try to when I have time for videos.
  • Silver -  Great stuff, but I definitely haven't seen it all; interest is secondary. Stuff I'm still fairly likely to watch if I'm mixing it up a little.
  • Bronze - Good stuff, and I'd like to see more and specifically seek them out from tiem to time, but I unfortunately don't get around to these as much as the above.
  • Coal - Stuff I actually dislike and specifically avoid (my apologies to anyone who like these ones).

Parenthesis, where listed, contain some good examples/favorites of each channel.

? Mystery ?

Electrometer Prime / Eppy

Jubbz

TheSatellite

PushingUpRoses

NewJourney'sFire

~ Gold ~
DeceasedCrab (Legacy of the Wizard, Eversion, Trilby's Notes, Solar Jetman, Iji); really interesting games

MeleeWizard (Adventures of Lolo 1 & 2, The Lost Vikings 1 & 2, Fire 'N Ice, The Twelve Palaces, You Only Live Once); lots of ZC quests

TeamUDF (Trails in the Sky, Parallel Worlds, In the Lost Kingdom of the Banana Blood God, Hylian Legacy, Ruined Tail's Tale); lots of ZC quests and LTTP romhacks

LazyGameReviews (Oddware, any crossover with PushingUpRoses, Tech Tales, LGR Thrifts, stuff where he builds old PCs)

Note: Fantastic Duke Nukem impressionist

Angry Video Game Nerd (Super Pitfall, Ghostbusters, Bible Games, the "Rerevisted" two-parter); always a bit fun

~ Silver ~
Vinesauce Vinnie (Corruptions, various Mario stuff)
Note: Fantastic Danny Wells/Luigi from the SMB Super Show impressionist

Pat the NES Punk / CU Podcast / CU Let's Play

TheRealNinjaboy (Various SMW Romhacks and a few SMBX things)

Non-AVGN James Rolfe / Mike Matei / Bootsy (Monster Madness, other movie reviews, some of the various game-playing videos)

Cryaotic (To The Moon, Mad Father) Note: Mostly does horror

Ashens (various reviews of knockoff, cheap-o products and expired food)

~ Bronze ~

Kikoskia

MadamLuna (preferably crossovers with Deceased Crab)

Pixcalibur123 Lots of ZC stuff and other Zelda games

SCKnuckles Lots of ZC stuff and other Zelda games, especially Oracles

TopKirby8305 Lots of ZC stuff and some interesting anime games

Nostalgia Critic Decent reviews of questionable movies

Linkara - Atop the Fourth Wall Great reviews of awful-sounding comics

Noah Antwiler - The Spoony Experiment Format varies but tends to be an entertaining speaker

- Coal -

Spoiler

Edited by Mitsukara, 01 February 2017 - 10:06 PM.

• ShadowTiger likes this

#60 ZeldaPlayer

ZeldaPlayer

What's up my playas

• Members

Posted 01 February 2017 - 09:55 PM

I thought he was actually serious about the YT channel deletion for some reason. The part when people took the joke seriously, that actually scared me. That made me think PewDiePie's YT account would be deleted because of it. At least in one of his videos he said it was all a joke, and everybody calmed down. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Youtube

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users