Item of the Month IotM Item Script Monthly Contest Theme Discussion

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 05 February 2016 - 10:43 AM

To ensure that PZC members outside of the scripting Skype group may participate in the decisions, we'll be discussing Item of the Month Numbers 2, and 3 here.

At present, we're planning to do an IotM for February. This means it'll be a short dev time, so the theme needs to be simple. The entries would be due by 28th February, 2016, which means only about 3-weeks; and we'd have another one for March.

At present, we have the following suggestions for IotM themes:

Starting Item: An item you would give the player, at the start of the game, like the sword in Z1.

Items from Zelda games with no true ZC analogue: Any item from an actual Zelda franchise game, that doesn't presently exist in ZC, or that has a ZC analogue that is broken/unusable/incomplete/needs improvement.

Elemental-based items: No specific element determined. Anyone wanting this should detail if they want a specific element, or any element. Ice has been suggested, as it's still the winter in the northern hemisphere.

Ranged Weapons: Self-explanatory.

Alternatively, suggest a theme for February. Whatever we don't use, will carry over as options for March.

We'll need to make a decision on February pretty fast though, so in the next few days, whatever seems the most popular will be the theme for IotM 2. Once we decide on that, we'll have all of February to consider themes for March.

Further, starting in February, anyone submitting an entry is encouraged to suggest a theme for the next month, with their submission. Depending on how this is received, we could turn the 'prize' for IotM into the suggestion proposed by the monthly winner.

That is, we could take the suggested theme from whomever wins in Month-X, to use in Month-Y.

That of course, is also open for discussion, but it might prove interesting, and would add an edge into winning the contest each month.

Edited by ZoriaRPG, 05 February 2016 - 10:47 AM.

#2 Lejes

Lejes

Seeker of Runes

• Members

Posted 05 February 2016 - 10:51 AM

There's a scripting Skype group?
  • Demonlink likes this

#3 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 05 February 2016 - 11:09 AM

There's a scripting Skype group?

I invited you to it in the past...along with Binx.

If you are interested, send me your Skype details, and I'll add you.

• Binx likes this

#4 Demonlink

Demonlink

Lurking in the shadows...

• Members

Posted 06 February 2016 - 06:10 PM

Given February is known for Valentine's Day, how about making items related to Love/Friendship? With some creative thinking, many can pull off some unique items. I dunno, it's a suggestion. :P

#5 grayswandir

grayswandir

semi-genius

• ZC Developers

Posted 06 February 2016 - 06:34 PM

Something to do with hearts, perhaps?

#6 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 07 February 2016 - 01:41 AM

Given February is known for Valentine's Day, how about making items related to Love/Friendship? With some creative thinking, many can pull off some unique items. I dunno, it's a suggestion. :P

Don't make me reference the Ministry of Love in Quest, as I would be very likely to do that. :superevil:

I've already done this in something:

Spoiler

• Demonlink likes this

#7 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 09 February 2016 - 11:05 PM

As there is no consensus, and we're low on time, I've made a ruling. The theme for February is:

Starting / Initial Item.

I will elaborate further in the official topic, presently. If people wish to incorporate winter, or Valentines themes with that, they may of course do so.

Please discuss themes for march, and submit any theme ideas with your February entries.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Item of the Month, IotM, Item, Script, Monthly, Contest, Theme, Discussion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users