Tower of Terror

• Please log in to reply
119 replies to this topic

#16 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 28 January 2015 - 09:13 AM

When you beat a tower or dungeon, it is explicitly stated where you need to go. This is so, because people got too lost while playing BB/SB.

So, you beaten the first tower? Then you either beat Witch Warcastle in town, or go to the northeast corner of the main overworld, into the cave, then up to the east of Mt.Death where the next tower is close by. Pay attention to get the hookshot upgrades. Each upgrade is available 1-2 dungeons before you actually need it. Plus be on a lookout for sword and defense upgrades. If you can access the main overworld, you already can get at least one of them. Be sure to memorize what item triggers what specifically in GM.

#17 Mister Snooze

Mister Snooze

Paladin

• Members

Posted 28 January 2015 - 05:19 PM

Hi Snooze, You can find the lens in the 3rd screen east of start. Have you done any progress in the big east area ? - I have walked around for hours but not found out what to do next / Lukaz

I poked my head in over there but haven;t gotten far, Still working on warcastle. I wonder if you can miss use a key on level 1. I used one key going toward the cauldron and now I need it over in the right area I've been in every room and can't find a second key

#18 Mister Snooze

Mister Snooze

Paladin

• Members

Posted 28 January 2015 - 05:50 PM

OK, I give up. How do I open this door.

zelda017_zpsctp586bi.png

#19 vravelo

vravelo

I was killed a lot""---, try me now..!

• Members

Posted 28 January 2015 - 06:38 PM

mmm...! this quest is a little confusing for me ............I'll try to crack the cheat code :nerd:

#20 Mister Snooze

Mister Snooze

Paladin

• Members

Posted 28 January 2015 - 09:30 PM

When you beat a tower or dungeon, it is explicitly stated where you need to go. This is so, because people got too lost while playing BB/SB.

So, you beaten the first tower?

Is the first tower Tower of Terrors?

Edited by Mister Snooze, 28 January 2015 - 09:31 PM.

#21 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 29 January 2015 - 05:11 AM

OK, I give up. How do I open this door.

zelda017_zpsctp586bi.png

When you got the bubbleblower, it said it was good against machines, too. Now as you can see, a chord connects the shutter and a machine there. Bubble it.

And yes, the Tower of Terror is the first tower. And whenever you beat one, the next one is pinpointed without error (as in, you get the actual location, not just the first place where you need to go to eventually find it).

And no, you can't misuse keys in Witch Warcastle. While playing, I always got them in different order. Note that if there's boss key, it's unique to each floor. Maybe there are no boss keys, I'm not so sure now. On the first floor, look for burnable things and hookshot targets and prepare for a bit of backtracking. Also note that secrets often affect multiple screens, so if a certain colour of block goes down, it is probably down now everywhere on that floor.

#22 judasrising

judasrising

I play guitar

• Members

Posted 29 January 2015 - 05:48 AM

mmm...! this quest is a little confusing for me ............I'll try to crack the cheat code :nerd:

Hm you dont need a cheat code to play Guardian Mother. :bounce:

• vravelo likes this

#23 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 29 January 2015 - 07:21 AM

GM is not hard, you are always told what to do next and you don't get in trouble if you don't do optional things.

And cheating can break your game, since GM is heavily built on 2.5 features, if you walk through mountains to an area where you shouldn't be and you talk with NPCs there and get items, you eventually get stuck (plot stop).

But then again, I know story type quests aren't your favourites, but I made two non-story type quests after GM:

Days Gone By

Classic type, but not too LoZ-ish, good short fun.

Erosion

Though not classic, it's an overworld metroidvania, 90% overworld, full bent on exploration.

I don't remember if you've played Valami so far, I imagine that kind of quest is what you'd really like. Big exploration, many classic-ish dungeons and all wrapped with 2.5 features that are use to make it more explorative, not to make it more complicated.

• vravelo likes this

#24 Mister Snooze

Mister Snooze

Paladin

• Members

Posted 29 January 2015 - 11:17 AM

When you got the bubbleblower, it said it was good against machines, too. Now as you can see, a chord connects the shutter and a machine there. Bubble it.

And yes, the Tower of Terror is the first tower. And whenever you beat one, the next one is pinpointed without error (as in, you get the actual location, not just the first place where you need to go to eventually find it).

And no, you can't misuse keys in Witch Warcastle. While playing, I always got them in different order. Note that if there's boss key, it's unique to each floor. Maybe there are no boss keys, I'm not so sure now. On the first floor, look for burnable things and hookshot targets and prepare for a bit of backtracking. Also note that secrets often affect multiple screens, so if a certain colour of block goes down, it is probably down now everywhere on that floor.

deleted because i woke up and found my way

Edited by Mister Snooze, 29 January 2015 - 11:20 AM.

#25 vravelo

vravelo

I was killed a lot""---, try me now..!

• Members

Posted 29 January 2015 - 05:51 PM

GM is not hard, you are always told what to do next and you don't get in trouble if you don't do optional things.

And cheating can break your game, since GM is heavily built on 2.5 features, if you walk through mountains to an area where you shouldn't be and you talk with NPCs there and get items, you eventually get stuck (plot stop).

But then again, I know story type quests aren't your favourites, but I made two non-story type quests after GM:

Days Gone By

Classic type, but not too LoZ-ish, good short fun.

Erosion

Though not classic, it's an overworld metroidvania, 90% overworld, full bent on exploration.

I don't remember if you've played Valami so far, I imagine that kind of quest is what you'd really like. Big exploration, many classic-ish dungeons and all wrapped with 2.5 features that are use to make it more explorative, not to make it more complicated.

CC thanks fr your offer, now I can have a little repertory for playing,, but since I found that bubble maker,, I'll keep a little more snooping around here,,!

• judasrising likes this

#26 judasrising

judasrising

I play guitar

• Members

Posted 29 January 2015 - 06:17 PM

Days gone by and erosion are very good quests from CC. i was a betatester of those and i like those quests.
So vravelo have a good playtime with those quests.

#27 Mister Snooze

Mister Snooze

Paladin

• Members

Posted 30 January 2015 - 12:08 AM

Why do I keep loosing my hearts? I have had 4 hearts twice and once again i am back to only 3 and I don't know how it is happening

CC thanks fr your offer, now I can have a little repertory for playing,, but since I found that bubble maker,, I'll keep a little more snooping around here,,!

Hi vravelo!

#28 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 30 January 2015 - 03:44 AM

That's unique, Mister Snooze! There are cursed enemies that drop poison that hurts you, but that can't affect your max hearts. There are minus HCPs, but those come with warning, it's hard to get them accidentally. And I don't recall any minus HCs.

#29 Mister Snooze

Mister Snooze

Paladin

• Members

Posted 30 January 2015 - 10:41 AM

That's unique, Mister Snooze! There are cursed enemies that drop poison that hurts you, but that can't affect your max hearts. There are minus HCPs, but those come with warning, it's hard to get them accidentally. And I don't recall any minus HCs.

I did not choose to give up any hearts but now it has happened to me twice. I have finished level 1 and the first tower and have three hearts

zelda021_zpsmoxtydnp.png

#30 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 30 January 2015 - 12:58 PM

Also note that there are multiple ways to end the first two boss fights and these ways include you getting just a HCP instead of HC. Upcoming bosses always have HCs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users