End of Time DX

• Please log in to reply
233 replies to this topic

#226 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 13 April 2018 - 08:05 AM

I have a problem, not sure if its a bug or just problem with the construction of the room.
In Level 6 (the water temple) I am stuck in a room where you have to hammer down all the moles to get to the push block.
https://www.dropbox....roblem.jpg?dl=0
As you can see in the picture, I'm in the correct place attempting to hit the mole above me which is 2 spaces away with my hammer.
However I cannot reach it.  I can't use ladder because you have flippers now and automatically go into swimming mode.
How can I hit this block which seems out of my range?

Please try this using ZC 2.53.0 (Beta15) and see if the problem has been resolved. I recall Saffith fixing the hammer range last year.

#227 DrDiabetus

DrDiabetus

• Members

Posted 17 August 2019 - 05:50 PM

Sry for bumbing but can i get some kind of hint where the extra secret level is located?
Or was the Master Sword Dungeon the extra one

#228 patrickab7

patrickab7

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 05 December 2020 - 03:26 AM

I am playing this quest on the newest ZC version (2.55 Alpha 85) and some of the dialogue seems to be cut off.  Is this something to be addressed with the quest itself?

#229 Kacy

Kacy

• Members

Posted 02 March 2023 - 06:19 PM

Hello Folks,

In reference to End of Time DX, does anyone else have issues with the hammer reaching in level 6? I have tried a billion times and it just doesn't reach, every. Does anyone know if there is gonna be a zelda classic 2.55 for Linux in the future? I so want to finish this quest. I like it a lot :(

#230 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 02 March 2023 - 06:44 PM

There IS actually a 2.55 version for Linux now. Here is a link to the newest nightly. The hammer failing to reach far enough was a 2.10->2.5 compatibility bug that I believe was fixed ages ago. Give this a shot and see if it works.

#231 Kacy

Kacy

• Members

Posted 08 March 2023 - 08:13 PM

Thank you so much, sorry I didn't check sooner. I will check it out, thank you.

Edit - I must not be seeing something. Not seeing anyplace to download.Or do I need to like compile it or, Sorry, Been using Linux for a very long time but just don't know a whole lot about it. We can do this through private messages if you prefer. I will keep looking. Sorry real dummy here.

~ I'll just be patient and wait for the file to go up on the site.Sorry for bothering you with my idiocy.

Edited by Kacy, 08 March 2023 - 08:47 PM.

#232 SofaKing

SofaKing

Defender

• Members

Posted 14 March 2023 - 09:39 PM

So I'm replaying this after like 12 years.  It's honestly aged better than I expected.  It's still pretty fun.  And I too ran into the dreaded hammer range issue (I'm using 2.53) but Russ' fixed version linked a page or two ago still works so I'm back on my way.

Finished Level 6 and Level D (which is so good), just have 7, 8 and 9 left to go which should be relatively easy at this point.  

#233 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 15 March 2023 - 05:41 AM

Oh wow, I totally forgot I posted a version of the quest that just edited that screen. Kacy, you could try using that link from a page back. Alternatively.

Edit - I must not be seeing something. Not seeing anyplace to download.Or do I need to like compile it or, Sorry, Been using Linux for a very long time but just don't know a whole lot about it. We can do this through private messages if you prefer. I will keep looking. Sorry real dummy here.

The link to the Linux version just down the page, under assets. Here's a direct link the Linux download for the newest nightly.

#234 Kacy

Kacy

• Members

Posted 12 May 2023 - 03:11 PM

Thank you everyone that chimed in, sorry I didn't check back sooner. If folks understood the hell I've been in, forget it. I just ask that folks please please please learn about narcissistic abuse and stop throwing that word around all willy nilly. And protect yourself. Thank you more than you know....

Edit; Sorry folks, I'm a real dummy and don't know how to download from that site for linux. I will wait for the finished product. Unless someone wants to help this ol' hag out in private, rather that tale from purpose of thread. Thank you.

Thank you Russ, I should have read down further... A file format I need to look into. This dummy uses debians and the like... tar balls (?) are alien to me...

Edited by Kacy, 12 May 2023 - 03:17 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users