Photo

EotM #24 - Theme Discussion: Elementals (Delayed)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18 replies to this topic

#1 Anthus

Anthus

if it dont got bones its BONELESS

• Contributors

Posted 17 March 2017 - 05:23 PM

Welcome to another Enemy of the Month Theme Discussion where we will discuss our 24th contest's theme! You should have a lot of freedom with this one.

Theme: Elementals
Deadline: Sunday, April 19th

What do we mean by Elementals? Well, you basically have to make an enemy that has an elemental quality. The elements can be pretty much anything you'd see in any RPG ever. You can combine elements if you want. Bonus points for giving it an elemental weakness as well. :D. If you need some ideas, here's a list of elements commonly seen in games:

• Forest/ Nature
  • Fire/ Lava/ Explosive
  • Water/ Ice
  • Earth/ Desert/ Ground/ Wind
  • Dark/ Undead/ Ghost
  • Light/ Wind/ Thunder
  • Technology/ Gravity/ Time
  • Poison/ Toxic/ Corrosive
  • Human/ NPC/ "Normal"

We're looking forward to this one. There's a lot of options here, so don't feel limited. Thinking of an element that's not on the list? It'll probably be okay so long as it isn't a stock ZC enemy and has something that makes it tied to an element of your choosing. :)
  • Neptune, Eddy and ywkls like this

#2 NewJourneysFire

NewJourneysFire

Deified

• Contributors

Posted 17 March 2017 - 08:17 PM

In other words, no limit theme. jk

• Anthus and Naru like this

#3 NewJourneysFire

NewJourneysFire

Deified

• Contributors

Posted 23 March 2017 - 06:43 PM

Just posting to say that I've just pinned this topic since it was probably forgotten.

Also to say that we currently have 0 entries. Lets see some enemies with super elemental lightning, fire, and ice attacks shall we?  We need the Final Fantasy incarnate of an enemy here. 

#4 NewJourneysFire

NewJourneysFire

Deified

• Contributors

Posted 06 April 2017 - 08:11 AM

Just a current reminder that we have a little less than 2 weeks in this contest and we currently have 0 entries. The theme of this month's contest are elementals. I expect to see Pokemon battling it out like never before on PureZC. Bring in the Pokemon and we might even have an exclusive Enemy of the Month battle to see who has the best Pokemon of them all.

In all seriousness though, we can't really do that, I don't think it's even possible. 

• Anthus likes this

#5 ywkls

ywkls

Warrior

• Members

Posted 15 April 2017 - 07:33 PM

So, would a Mega Man boss count for the Technology theme? I have one I wrote for someone a while back lying around where I can submit it.

• Anthus likes this

#6 Anthus

Anthus

if it dont got bones its BONELESS

• Contributors

Posted 15 April 2017 - 08:48 PM

Yes. :)

• ywkls likes this

#7 ywkls

ywkls

Warrior

• Members

Posted 15 April 2017 - 10:57 PM

i've already got a test quest, though I may switch it up to be more Zelda-themed. I also kind of want a few authentic sound effects; but I guess it can work without them. I'll probably submit it by tomorrow.

#8 NewJourneysFire

NewJourneysFire

Deified

• Contributors

Posted 16 April 2017 - 10:59 AM

Currently we have 3 days left to the deadline and we need 3 more submissions to push this contest forward. Contest delays will be executed the same way how I did them last EotM. 

Lets see some of those great submissions. Only 3 submissions for the next EotM. 

A special note to address raising concerns of EotM with the current contest climate:

Submissions means contest. Therefore, no submissions typically means no contest. I'm also aware this typically enforces the "It's dead! Time to move on!" attitude, but fortunately I'm a bit on the stubborn side. I know my influence can only go as far as setting reminders. So I'll continue to stress the importance of submissions by pushing out reminders longer than I need to for the sake of keeping the contest going. Don't worry, this contest will not die unless I'd have to retire for whatever reason. 

• Anthus and Naru like this

#9 ywkls

ywkls

Warrior

• Members

Posted 16 April 2017 - 07:09 PM

Alright, submitted the boss. I was going to add a health meter, but it was proving too difficult for me. Hopefully others will add theirs to the mix!

#10 NewJourneysFire

NewJourneysFire

Deified

• Contributors

Posted 19 April 2017 - 09:45 AM

April 19th is here and we have 1 submission. We need two more by the end of the day to get this contest rolling. Delays in the contest will be handled appropriately and as expected. 

#11 Dimentio

Dimentio

Edgy unwanted opinions

• Members

Posted 20 April 2017 - 05:57 AM

I'll see if I can submit something in to get the contest rolling.

• NewJourneysFire likes this

#12 NewJourneysFire

NewJourneysFire

Deified

• Contributors

Posted 23 April 2017 - 08:08 AM

We are currently late by a total of 4 days past due date. The days are counting.

We need 1 more submission to continue the contest. I'm excited to see who will stand up and participate.  

#13 NewJourneysFire

NewJourneysFire

Deified

• Contributors

Posted 30 April 2017 - 11:11 AM

We are now currently 11 Days Behind. What a bummer!

We only need 1 more submission to continue. Wait, that's it? Only one more? That's easy peasy lemon squeezy!

#14 Shoshon the Elegant

Shoshon the Elegant

The Subconscious Manifestation of your Deceased Archnemesis

• Members

Posted 30 April 2017 - 11:16 AM

Maybe I should throw something together with the enemy editor and toss it in.

I'm a little inexperienced with being creative with the enemy editor though. So it may not be that great.

Edited by Maikeru D. Shinigami, 30 April 2017 - 11:16 AM.

• NewJourneysFire likes this

#15 Yloh

Yloh

My Face!!!

• Members

Posted 30 April 2017 - 08:21 PM

This is what happens when I take a small break from Zelda Classic in order to play Breath of the Wild. I have a perfect idea for this theme. Would I be able to throw something together tonight and turn it in tomorrow or is it too late?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users