Photo

Screenshot of the Week 250

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19 replies to this topic

Poll: ... (43 member(s) have cast votes)

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#16 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 07 April 2009 - 04:02 PM

Okay. I added a second type of trees, changed the palette, made the blocks more fitting and changed some tiles( to get the secret working I needed a third trigger) ... Here I go: http://www.imagehut....025zelda004.bmp

NOTE: Do NOT let your vote get influenced by that srceenshot, vote or not for the one I made first, this is just to show how I improved it with the hints I got here. @ ForumLeader: If this out of place please edit this post and delete it or whatever...

#17 Linkus

Linkus

• Members

Posted 07 April 2009 - 04:36 PM

Well, to be honest, it's not as great as the original shot. The new palette doesn't fit as well, as it's too contrasted, and the new buttons and posts don't work as well as the originals. the old was fine, all that was needed to be fixed was the shades of bright yellow to a more fitting, faded yellow, or a brownish white.

The stairs I don't think were necessary, but simple wall extensions to the original design would've sufficed. The stairs take out the factor of having to find the path to either button, while this directly leads you to one.

Oh, and be careful about using the vines - You'll have people wondering if they can climb them, which is a bad idea if there are climbable vines in your quest.

#18 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 07 April 2009 - 04:48 PM

The stairs are nessary for the secret to work sadly :\
Maybe I'll change the palette to something really different because that screen is part of my quest and it's still in development. For the veins: I thought so, too. Maybe I'll shorten every one that touches the ground. Don't know yet.

So far, Shiek.

#19 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 08 April 2009 - 04:35 AM

RoK: It looks a little well Castle(ish) I'm with some others and it looks so bland throw more (a little) detail in like more flowers I give you a icon_thumbsup.gif as a job well done

Shiek: A Turely Beautiful shot icon_thumbsup.gif I seen the temple (Inside If you haven't go see First Project) this is where me vote comes in

Furion: I like it (almost got voted) what got me so icon_wacky.gif is those little islands and is that armor hiding something A good icon_thumbsup.gif as well

I Give yous all another icon_thumbsup.gif SotW should be all of yous but looks like only one of yous can icon_cry.gif

#20 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 12 April 2009 - 07:40 PM

Ricky of Kokiri - 3 votes = [7.69%]
Shiek - 25 votes = [64.10%]
Furion - 11 votes = [28.21%]
Total Votes: 39

Shiek
IPB Image
Forest Temple Exterior