Photo

Map of the Year 2019: Finals

Phosphor

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

Poll: Map of the Year 2019 Finals (34 member(s) have cast votes)

This is it! Who wins the best map of 2019?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 22 January 2020 - 05:34 AM

Here it is! It's time for the finals! Out of all 12 previous winners, only 3 have made it further to this point. Here they are:

Phosphor (MotM 105)

Welcome to Farona Village, a small settlement nestled away within Faron Woods along the banks of the Floria River. Villagers are warned to never enter the abandoned fortress immediately north of them. It's spooky or something.

Sheik (MotM 108)

Matthew (MotM 112)

This map is a big chungus. It's from Beyond Hyrule DX, which is being worked on as part of Lunaria's Summer Refurbishing Quest Contest.

(This will remain open until the end of the month)

#2 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 22 January 2020 - 12:47 PM

Going with Phosphor.

#3 Matthew

Matthew

• Administrators

Posted 24 January 2020 - 08:53 AM

I'll admit, I completely forgot Map of the Year was going on until just recently. Pleasantly surprised to see my map got this far.

Truthfully, I don't think my map is that good. The palettes are the best part in my opinion, which I made myself in an attempt to spruce the map up. The thing is, my map suffers from being a transpose of a classic-styled overworld (Outlands) to a GB style overworld, and I didn't take enough steps to fully take advantage of the GB style. This resulted in a very average looking map. Large and impressive from a distance, maybe, but average. So thanks for everyone who voted for me, I'm flattered you find it as cool looking as you do! Maybe I'm just being overly self-critical at this point...

As for the other maps,

Sheik and Phosphor both did wonderful jobs. I think their maps are leagues ahead of mine in terms of quality. Phosphor delivers great use of ...Pure? DoR? Whatever that tileset is at this point, he uses it well, especially in an age where most people stick to GB or some permutation thereof. Sheik's map has his distinctive style of using toned-down palettes and a mix of old-and-new graphics which made it my personal favorite. Sheik got my vote this time around.

Edited by Matthew, 24 January 2020 - 08:53 AM.

• Anthus and Avaro like this

#4 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 01 February 2020 - 06:56 AM

And here are the final results!

Phosphor (MotM 105) (13 votes [41.94%])
Sheik (MotM 108) (9 votes [29.03%])
Matthew (MotM 112) (9 votes [29.03%])

Quite a close contest, but congrats to Phosphor for winning Map of the Year for 2019! I want to thank everyone for the great set of maps and contests throughout 2019, and I hope 2020 brings more ZC goodness!

• nicklegends, The Satellite, Matthew and 1 other like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Phosphor

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users