Drowning Damage

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Korben

Korben

Junior

• Members

Posted 04 May 2021 - 09:45 PM

When the rule to make Link drown in water is checked, is it possible to make it so Link takes no damage while drowning?

Edit: Also instead of making an new topic I will just ask here, is it possible to make a freeform combo that you can walk on?

Edited by Korben, 04 May 2021 - 10:48 PM.

#2 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 04 May 2021 - 11:35 PM

Setting the drowning damage value in the editor seems like something that should be added to 2.55 if it isn't in already. 

For a freeform combo you can walk on, do you mean like a moving platform? FFCs should automatically block the combos under them as long as you're standing on them and Combo W. and Combo H. are adjusted for their size. For actually moving Link around with them, that would require a script.

#3 Korben

Korben

Junior

• Members

Posted 04 May 2021 - 11:41 PM

Setting the drowning damage value in the editor seems like something that should be added to 2.55 if it isn't in already. 

For a freeform combo you can walk on, do you mean like a moving platform? FFCs should automatically block the combos under them as long as you're standing on them and Combo W. and Combo H. are adjusted for their size. For actually moving Link around with them, that would require a script.

Yeah, I have a moving walkable ffc but can't walk on it, maybe the problem is that it is over a water combo? Basically what I was trying to do was make a pushable ffc (using the rolling pillar script) that is also a changer (I guess this isn't possible since it also makes the ffc ethereal) and then push the block into the path of a horizontally moving walkable ffc, causing the ffc to stop and make a walkable path over the water. 

#4 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 05 May 2021 - 07:29 AM

Yeah, I have a moving walkable ffc but can't walk on it, maybe the problem is that it is over a water combo? Basically what I was trying to do was make a pushable ffc (using the rolling pillar script) that is also a changer (I guess this isn't possible since it also makes the ffc ethereal) and then push the block into the path of a horizontally moving walkable ffc, causing the ffc to stop and make a walkable path over the water. 

So the changer is the FFC with the rolling pillar script on it? What if you did it the other way around, pushing the rolling pillar onto the changer? This seems like it may or may not work depending on how the script is handling things. 

#5 Korben

Korben

Junior

• Members

Posted 05 May 2021 - 01:40 PM

So the changer is the FFC with the rolling pillar script on it? What if you did it the other way around, pushing the rolling pillar onto the changer? This seems like it may or may not work depending on how the script is handling things. 

Sorry, I'm having trouble understanding this. What would (should?) it do if I pushed the pillar onto the changer?

#6 Emily

Emily

Scripter / Dev

• ZC Developers

Posted 05 May 2021 - 02:41 PM

So, a changer, is not something that should be moving, or pushed, or anything. A changer changes other FFCs that touch it.

So if you push an FFC into a changer, it would... change. 

#7 Korben

Korben

Junior

• Members

Posted 05 May 2021 - 09:21 PM

So, a changer, is not something that should be moving, or pushed, or anything. A changer changes other FFCs that touch it.

So if you push an FFC into a changer, it would... change. 

So is there no way to stop a moving platform from moving so you can walk across it? (Without activating screen secrets or using scripts)

Edited by Korben, 05 May 2021 - 09:21 PM.

#8 Emily

Emily

Scripter / Dev

• ZC Developers

Posted 05 May 2021 - 09:56 PM

To make a moving platform stop, wait for you to get on, and then move with you? Script required.

To make the player move with the platform at all? Script required.

Make a platform stop? No script required. Make it start again after stopping? Script required.

Make it change direction/speed? No script required, as long as it follows a set 'path', with a changer at each turn in the path.

#9 Korben

Korben

Junior

• Members

Posted 05 May 2021 - 10:15 PM

To make a moving platform stop, wait for you to get on, and then move with you? Script required.

To make the player move with the platform at all? Script required.

Make a platform stop? No script required. Make it start again after stopping? Script required.

Make it change direction/speed? No script required, as long as it follows a set 'path', with a changer at each turn in the path.

Yeah I just want the platform to stop and become a walkable platform and then not move again. (Unless you leave the room and come back in maybe) Basically I was trying to push a block to block the path of a moving platform which would make the platform walkable.

#10 Emily

Emily

Scripter / Dev

• ZC Developers

Posted 05 May 2021 - 10:47 PM

Ahk, that makes sense. You'll need some sort of script in order to be able to push a changer, though. (Or trigger one to appear once you push a combo, etc)

#11 Korben

Korben

Junior

• Members

Posted 05 May 2021 - 11:09 PM

Ahk, that makes sense. You'll need some sort of script in order to be able to push a changer, though. (Or trigger one to appear once you push a combo, etc)

Oh okay, thanks.

#12 P-Tux7

P-Tux7

💛

• Members

Posted 07 May 2021 - 12:53 AM

I think drowning damage changing is reserved for the expansion of water combo functions, which will include damage, drowning animation, and what level of flippers is required to swim in that combo without drowning.

#13 Korben

Korben

Junior

• Members

Posted 09 May 2021 - 12:13 AM

Thanks.

I don't know if I should make a new topic or just ask here but I'm trying to use the holelava script and the Moving Platform script together. In the description for the Moving Platform script it says "This version makes use of a global variable onplatform which stores the number of the FFC if Link is on a platform. Check if this variable equals zero to make it compatible with other scripts such as one of the holelava scripts". What does this mean?

Also, on NES Dungeon maps while trying to go through a northern door Link won't go through unless he is in the very center of the door, he can't be even a single pixel off. Usually if he is a little off it will just re-center him into the center of the door. I've tried it in multiple rooms on multiple maps, it is always the same. I'm using 2.55 Alpha 45.

Edited by Korben, 10 May 2021 - 09:11 PM.

#14 Emily

Emily

Scripter / Dev

• ZC Developers

Posted 13 May 2021 - 06:21 PM

I think drowning damage changing is reserved for the expansion of water combo functions, which will include damage, drowning animation, and what level of flippers is required to swim in that combo without drowning.

Oh, that expansion? The one I wrote the full details out for but never had time to implement? The one Dimi scooped up from my to-do list and implemented like a fucking BOSS?

• Deedee likes this

#15 P-Tux7

P-Tux7

💛

• Members

Posted 13 May 2021 - 09:59 PM

Oh, that expansion? The one I wrote the full details out for but never had time to implement? The one Dimi scooped up from my to-do list and implemented like a fucking BOSS?

Is this in any of the alphas yet?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users