2024 Fall Expo and Event Changes

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Matthew

Matthew

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 01 July 2024 - 08:23 PM

Hello, PureZC community! I’d like to take some time today to discuss our plans for the remainder of 2024:

• Hosting a Fall Expo
  • Retiring Screenshot Rebirth
  • Upgrading PureZC Discord Events

2024 FALL EXPO
With the recent full release of ZC 2.55, the staff team believes that this is a good opportunity to hold a 2024 expo! We plan to open the expo on September 1st (09/01/24), providing about two months for users to prepare their materials for submission. For the uninitiated, the PureZC Expo is an opportunity for users to showcase, celebrate, and receive feedback on their latest ZC-related projects. We welcome everyone to participate! For more context on Expo guidelines, see David's prior writeup below:

Spoiler

If you have any suggestions for how we carry out the Expo this time around, feel free to share your thoughts with us. We're excited to see what you've been working on and hope for you to showcase it!

SCREENSHOT EVENT UPGRADES
As forum participation waxes and wanes, the viability of forum-based events diminishes. Screen Rebirth has been a consistent victim of this diminishment, as the contest host frequently must extend deadlines or solicit submissions. Moving forward, Screen Rebirth will be discontinued. Instead, base “example” screens will be provided for each Screenshot of the Week, to provide users as a launch point for a potential submission. These example screens are solely to provide inspiration, and will be posted in each SotW announcement thread.

DISCORD EVENT UPGRADES
In Early July, the PureZC Discord will receive an event forum, to better facilitate the planning of Discord-based events. These might look like Quest Club nights, Quest Development session, or any other kind of communal, Discord-based event. Special thanks to Jenny, who will be taking an active role in managing some of these events as well.

That’s all for now. Thank you for your attention. Feedback is welcome!

• Twilight Knight, Taco Chopper, Shane and 4 others like this

#2 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

Tell all with glee, Argon's on PureZC

• Members

Posted 02 July 2024 - 01:13 AM

Instead, base “example” screens will be provided for each Screenshot of the Week, to provide users as a launch point for a potential submission. These example screens are solely to provide inspiration, and will be posted in each SotW announcement thread.

Brilliant idea! Best of both worlds, I think

And I'll try to submit for the expo with an updated demo of Argon's Evil Lair, the last demo was at last year's expo and I processed a lot of feedback since then

• Taco Chopper, Matthew and ShirleyVaga like this

#3 Matthew

Matthew

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 02 July 2024 - 07:35 AM

I also plan to submit some of my recent GB stuff, and hopefully will have a longer demo for my current project :)
  • Twilight Knight likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users