Photo

Screenshot of the Week 365

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 365 (45 member(s) have cast votes)

~

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 07 May 2012 - 01:01 AM

Dragonite
IPB Image
Link travels up to the tip of Sunset Peak.

Shane
IPB Image
Link finishes his walk across the crystal lake, and enters a overgrown ruin.

Marco
IPB Image
The last Metroid is in captivity. The galaxy is at peace.

Jared]
IPB Image
Sucky screen skills...ACTIVATE!!!

Octorockoncrack
IPB Image
Out in the coldest reaches of Hyrule, there lies a sacred...oh look! A dinosaur!

Nolornbon
IPB Image
Link was sleeping one night when a dark figure with red eyes paralyzed him and knocked him out. When he woke up, he found himself in a hellish world where the sun is always obscured by dark clouds and terrifying noises can be heard piercing the eerie silence all around. He soon learned from the ghost in the cave at the bottom of the nearby stairs that he is on a corrupted planet called Ulntauza. May the gods have mercy on Link's poor soul! icon_evil.gif

#2 Evan20000

Evan20000

P͏҉ę͟w͜� ̢͝!

• Members

Posted 07 May 2012 - 01:27 AM

Voting Nolornbon.

That is just such a neat shot. You've captured scenery gorn quite nicely.

#3 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 07 May 2012 - 01:28 AM

Dragonite
Nice palette and design. I feel like some blue could spice it up a bit. 9/10

Marco
Nice lonely feel it's got to it. Love the flora. Maybe some enemies? 8/10

Jared
Not bad, not bad... Ground is a little bland but overall it's nice. 9/10
EDIT: Also, in this shot you can see some new tiles that will be featured in our quest. icon_smile.gif

Octorockoncrack
Nice concept. The room shape is a little too octagon. But still nice. 8/10

Nolornbon
Creative, the pink lava stands out too much, and the surrounding area has no lightening effect making it look weird. But still creative. 8/10

Edited by Shane, 07 May 2012 - 03:21 AM.

#4 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 07 May 2012 - 06:24 AM

I voted for Mecha_Tiny_Shane. This shot is not a "BS" shot, it's a great BS shot. You gotta love chat references.

Dragonite - The palette is nice, but the screenshot itself isn't really that charming.

Marco - My second favorite screenshot. Next you should use LTM to have Samus in her Zero Suit. icon_razz.gif

Jared] - Jared got a name change? icon_eek.gif Overall, this shot is fantastic. This is what I like about ALTTP style villages. Is that Shane's palette you are using?

Octorokoncrack - Very frozen. "Cranberry Chocolate Sundae!"

Nolornbon - Reminds me of a shot from the dream sequences in HoD. It has too much variety and I;m not too fond of the colors.

#5 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 07 May 2012 - 06:29 AM

QUOTE(Dawnlight @ May 7 2012, 08:54 PM) View Post

I voted for Mecha_Tiny_Shane. This shot is not a "BS" shot, it's a great BS shot. You gotta love chat references.

Jared] - Jared got a name change? icon_eek.gif Overall, this shot is fantastic. This is what I like about ALTTP style villages. Is that Shane's palette you are using?

Thanks! And yeah you gotta love 'em. xD

Also, just a reminder, I didn't make the palette, Linkus did. icon_wink.gif

#6 Marco

Marco

• Banned

Posted 07 May 2012 - 06:59 AM

Dragonite: Quality, well rounded shot with a vibrant, unique palette. 8/10

Shane: I'm not too fond of BS colors and tiles. The detail used is splendid, though, and creates a unified shot. 5/10

Jared: Open, simple enhanced set of tiles..this is pure beauty. The ratio of freespace to unwalkable combos is set very nice. The simplicity maintained throughout is unrivaled. And the colors, the creamy brown used is da best. 8/10

ocotorckoncrack: This shot as a different, individual works. I'm digging the ice cave feeling. However, it is a bit too much monotone in the colors and contrast. I think a little darker ends of the blue's spectrum would make it perfect. 7/10

Noornbon: I'm not a fan of this shot. The red lava illuminates the screen too much; it's a loud chunk without anything to counter it. The purple platform is alright...not too good though. Yet, for an overall fantasy feel, you did achieve it. 4/10

#7 )-( Marchland Malady )-(

)-( Marchland Malady )-(

)M( Still No Tombs In The Sims 4 )M(

• Members

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:25 AM

It must be your monitor (or the fact that I use an HDTV as a monitor,) but the lava appears to be mostly red to me. Maybe I should have made it more... orange? It is lava, so it is supposed to glow. My screen was influenced by Mushroom Kingdom Fusion's Demon Realm and Super Mario Fusion Revival's Di Yu (Mushroom Kingdom Fusion and Super Mario Fusion Revival are fan-made games.)

I will convey my thoughts now.
Dragonite icon_smile.gif
It is a nice screen, but you might have done better if you used different colors. Still, it does bring back memories of Oracle Of Ages. icon_smile.gif
Shane icon_biggrin.gif
This is an example of the beauty that can be achieved with the BS tileset. You just have to appreciate those mountains. icon_biggrin.gif
Marco icon_smile.gif
You must really like the Metroid series, because you have made another interesting Metroid screen. You might want to give the foreground scenery a dark shade of gray for the outlines, however. The background is the color black. icon_smile.gif
Jared icon_biggrin.gif
The mountains are pretty and the house adds a nice centerpiece to this shot. The hedges in front of the house, the sign, and the road create a peaceful place that one could call home. icon_biggrin.gif
Octorockoncrack icon_smile.gif
This is a frozen cave shot that is unique, but adding Link and making a few colors darker could have made it better. icon_smile.gif
Me icon_biggrin.gif
This is probably the best screen I have ever made. I may have put in a tad too much clutter and probably should have made the lava more orange, but the horror element is certainly here. icon_biggrin.gif

#8 Jenny

Jenny

Hero of Time

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:43 AM

Shane 10/10
IPB Image
This shot is anything BUT BS.
The way you use BS takes it to it's full beauty. Nicely done Shane

Marco 8/10
IPB Image
I like the originality of this shot. The tiles give it a dark, eerie feel.

Jared] 8/10
IPB Image
I fail to see why this screen is sucky, it is good, and reminds me of aLttP. icon_smile.gif

Octorockoncrack 7/10
IPB Image
Can't really tell what is going on, but looks cool nevertheless.

Nolornbon 8/10
IPB Image
This is a excellent screen, Nolornbon. It certainly shows that you have the creativity to make a quest of your own. Keep
it up. icon_thumbsup.gif

QUOTE(Nolornbon @ May 7 2012, 10:25 AM) View Post

I will convey my thoughts now.
Dragonite icon_smile.gif
It is a nice screen, but you might have done better if you used different colors. Still, it does bring back memories of Oracle Of Ages. icon_smile.gif

Thank you, Nolornbon. I tried my best to give the sunset feel, but it was my first palette, and I kinda made it in like, ten minutes. icon_heh.gif

#9 )-( Marchland Malady )-(

)-( Marchland Malady )-(

)M( Still No Tombs In The Sims 4 )M(

• Members

Posted 07 May 2012 - 12:53 PM

Thanks, Dragonite. Your comment about my screen is appreciated.

#10 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 07 May 2012 - 04:38 PM

Dragonite: It's beautiful, but, you used the mountains wrong. They need to stay a uniform height, whereas in that shot, they change from 5 combos high to 4 combos high, which starts screwing up the illusion of elevation and slope. It's still a great screen, but that detracts from it. My vote probably would have gone here, if not for that. I know I'm sounding nitpicky, but I can be a bit OCD about certain things, and the consistent mountain height really is an issue you ought to learn to recognize and deal with

Shane: This screen is BS. *shot* What I meant to say is, nice use of the BS tileset. A bit crowded maybe, but nice nonetheless.

Marco: Absolutely stunning visuals, as always. You never cease to amaze me.

Jared: Beautiful screen design here. It's nice and open, not at all crowded, but at the same time, it doesn't feel empty. It's playable and it looks perfect. My vote goes here.

Ocotorokoncrack: While the palette is a bit straining on the yes, it' a nice screen. The dodongo frozen in the walls is a really nice touch. Clever, creative.

Nolornbon: VERY nice. My only real complaint is that the trees at the bottom right seem a bit... cacophonous, if that makes any sense. Too many of them in one place, too much going on at once. But it's perfect otherwise.

#11 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 07 May 2012 - 05:15 PM

Thanks so much for the comments, everyone! I honestly still don't think it's all that great, though. And not even I know why! I'll figure it out eventually~
icon_smile.gif

#12 Jenny

Jenny

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:14 PM

Maybe it's because you made the screen differently then you usually do? It doesn't look like the style you usually have. (Although that could be because of the tileset. icon_smile.gif)

#13 Supindahood

Supindahood

Wizard

• Members

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:42 PM

QUOTE(Jared @ May 7 2012, 04:15 PM) View Post

I honestly still don't think it's all that great, though. And not even I know why!

I think it's because of the simplicity compared to your usual screens. icon_smile.gif

#14 Jenny

Jenny

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:46 PM

Thanks, Gonken. That is pretty much what I was trying to say. icon_smile.gif

#15 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 08 May 2012 - 05:59 PM

Thanks for your support and comment guys. icon_smile.gif

Also Russ, I wholeheartedly agree about the cramped space in the northern side.

Edited by Shane, 08 May 2012 - 06:00 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users