AM2R

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#31 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 21 August 2016 - 06:20 PM

The first Omega encounter was intense. Survived the first time though. Might try this again on hard :P

#32 Twilight-Prince

Twilight-Prince

The Adversary

• Members

Posted 22 August 2016 - 07:12 PM

The first Omega encounter was intense. Survived the first time though. Might try this again on hard :P

It was the same for me...until I tried out the 1.1 update edition, which brought a SEVERE nerf to the Omegas. They actually have slightly less health than a ZETA, and they do a little less damage. I personally feel this was not needed, as since you face them near the end of the game, they are meant to be the final, toughest hurdle to get over to reach the final boss. Now they die in like...5 Super Missiles, which makes them feel not as threatening anymore.

I personally can understand a slight damage nerf, but I would like it better if they kept the health they had in the 1.0 edition.

#33 Eppy

Eppy

Alisa~

• Members

Posted 22 August 2016 - 09:30 PM

Uhhh... for me, the Omegas take 6 supers and 2 missiles to kill.

#34 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 23 August 2016 - 09:14 AM

There's always hard mode. I remember the early Metroids being really hard in the demo, but they are easier in the final game on normal.

Omegas can wreck you if you're not careful. Basically, keep your distance or it can corner you and stun you and do tons of damage real quick.

I'm at the final save with 98% and I think I'm missing 2 missile tanks. I have 240 missiles, 20 super, and 20 power bombs, and 10 energy tanks. Hmm. I looked at a map, and have everything on the one I'm looking at.

Edit: just found one of each in a room I totally missed in the second area. Only need one more missile tank now.

#35 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 23 August 2016 - 11:08 AM

The missile tank you seek is likely visible from within the vertical water vent that I think you use to gain the Plasma Beam? It's at least in that structure. It doesn't show on the in-game map because it occupies the same place as the vertical water vent. It's apparantly a long standing issue that has not been fixed for years because the devs don't want to touch the map code or some such just to fix this one instance (I think they should just move the missile tank if they don't want to touch the map code).

Edited by Nicholas Steel, 23 August 2016 - 11:11 AM.

#36 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 23 August 2016 - 02:30 PM

The missile tank you seek is likely visible from within the vertical water vent that I think you use to gain the Plasma Beam? It's at least in that structure. It doesn't show on the in-game map because it occupies the same place as the vertical water vent. It's apparantly a long standing issue that has not been fixed for years because the devs don't want to touch the map code or some such just to fix this one instance (I think they should just move the missile tank if they don't want to touch the map code).

I got that one, but thought it might be the one Russ missed cause of it not being on the map. I agree they should just move it but it's not a huge deal if you notice it lol.

I ended up finding the last couple things and went ahead to 100% completion. There's a room in the third area I missed cause you have to come back, and one more I missed really early in the main tunnels and didn't notice the room. Playing hard mode now and got to the Hydro Station. Not too bad so far, but I can see it getting pretty hard up ahead.

#37 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 23 August 2016 - 02:36 PM

Apparantly Hard Mode difficulty balance isn't handled too well, it starts off easy and then ramps up super quickly towards the end which can leave a player struggling a fair bit. It s design creates a feeling of complacency and then feeling lied to later when the difficulty surges.

Edited by Nicholas Steel, 23 August 2016 - 02:37 PM.

#38 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 23 August 2016 - 04:17 PM

Yeah, Torizo is beating my ass as we speak :P

#39 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 29 August 2016 - 07:05 PM

Got 100% on normal, and 98% on hard and shaved about two hours off. First playthrough was 7:24 at the last save, hard playthrough was 5:06 at last save.

Great game. Currently tied with SM as my favorite 2D Metroid

#40 Mani Kanina

Mani Kanina

Rabbits!

• Members

Posted 30 August 2016 - 04:45 AM

Oh yeah, I forgot to post this here. I streamed AM2R blind last week, you can find the stream recording of that run here: Part 1 - Part 2

Personally I rather liked it, it has some flaws but not really any that M2 didn't already have. It's very flashy but it lacks a fair amount of the subtle things from MZM, such as the implemented "sequence breaks".

#41 Eppy

Eppy

Alisa~

• Members

Posted 31 August 2016 - 07:35 AM

It does actually have those sequence breaks, but the paths around a ridiculously well hidden.

#42 KEM64

KEM64

Junior

• Members

Posted 02 September 2016 - 12:42 PM

I managed to beat the game. I got 91% of the items (I would have gotten all the items, but some of them are behind Speed Booster blocks that require Shinesparking. I hate those kinds of puzzles).

My thoughts: A fun game that manages to do to Metroid II what Zero Mission did to the first game....Bring the original game to the modern age with remade graphics, new content on top of the original content, and fixing the issues of the original. A fangame that manages to give the Metroid Franchise what Federation Force will never give it: A true Metroid game that people wanted for the franchise's 30th anniversary....

....Unfortunately, that's where the good news ends. Nintendo of America has struck again against AM2R:

http://gonintendo.co...akedown-request

What's different from the DMCA takedown requests issued 2 days after the Fangame's release? This one got sent to the creator of the fangame. So, if you were hoping for updates and releases to the game after V. 1.1, it's not happening now. V. 1.1 is the final version of the game.

We just can't have good things....whether it's AM2R, Pokemon Uranium, or a collection of Nintendo Power issues on Internet Archive.

Happy 30th anniversary, Metroid. Too bad Nintendo doesn't care about you....but at least the fans do....and they're angry at Nintendo.

Edited by KEM64, 02 September 2016 - 12:57 PM.

#43 Dark Entity

Dark Entity

Initiate

• Members

Posted 05 September 2016 - 02:16 AM

Just a warning, Nintendo just took down 100s of fangames from the GameJolt website.  If they went after ZC, a lot of quests could be permanently lost if they aren't backed up.

• Nicholas Steel likes this

#44 thepsynergist

thepsynergist

thepsynergist

• Members

Posted 05 September 2016 - 02:23 AM

Nintendo knows about Zelda Classic.  They've known about it for at least a decade.

#45 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 05 September 2016 - 07:27 AM

Just a warning, Nintendo just took down 100s of fangames from the GameJolt website.  If they went after ZC, a lot of quests could be permanently lost if they aren't backed up.

Any quests that don't feature copyrighted material will be able to remain online. This is why Zelda Classic 3.0 will focus on being a generic game editor/player instead of zelda oriented (I assume the name will be changed nearer to completion of v3.0).

Edited by Nicholas Steel, 05 September 2016 - 07:29 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users