The Megaman Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
377 replies to this topic

#361 Dark Ice Dragon

Dark Ice Dragon

Wizard

• Members

Posted 28 May 2016 - 03:37 PM

KEM64: I'm afraid you're right , it seems there are all the ingredients of a poor dish.

Nicholas Steel : I agree with you on the comments on Ben 10 :

"originally had pretty okay art style, then they changed it to this shitty version where his gramps has squinty eyes and shit, like what the hell!?"

poor grandpa, but what they did to the cousin was worse ! :

#362 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 28 May 2016 - 03:42 PM

"Making bad guys cry like an anime fan on prom night."

I actually thought this was hilarious. Doubly so cuz they basically insulted most of their fan base.

... the rest of the trailer was pretty bad though. The narration was just painful. The gameplay... looks kinda meh. I'm not gonna write it off til I play it, but that latest trailer didn't fill me with confidence in the game's quality.
  • The Satellite likes this

#363 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 28 May 2016 - 04:46 PM

But yeah back to Mighty #9, considering its made by the people behind current Ben 10 its not surprising the art style is dumb.

I get that the new Megaman cartoon and Mighty No. 9 both look equally bad but come on. :tard:

#364 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 05 June 2016 - 07:04 AM

Russ, that trailer has nothing to do with the developers of the game. They contracted out PR to Deep Silver so they could better focus on the game. They had NO say in the way that trailer was built. So yeah, they're pretty mad about it because it most likely misrepresented their game but they can't really back out of it since they signed a contract deal with Deep Silver in promoting their game. So they're screwed in this regard. So if you must blame the developers for anything, it isn't for the trailer itself, but for them entering into a deal with Deep Silver in promoting it.

#365 TK8305

TK8305

I <3 Miyu

• Members

Posted 05 June 2016 - 10:40 AM

All the Megamans I have played:

MM 1-6 (NES)

Megaman 2 (GB)

Megaman Soccer (SNES)

Megaman 7 (SNES)

Megaman X, X2, X3 (SNES)

Megaman 8 (PS)

Megaman & Bass (SNES)

Megaman 9 (WiiWare)

Megaman 10 (WiiWare)

I also watched the Megaman Cartoon with Wily's goofy laugh....so yeah!  xD

#366 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 05 June 2016 - 03:35 PM

So yeah, they're pretty mad about it

Proof of that? I mean, I'd be mad too, but let's be fair, even before this trailer, Mighty No. 9's gameplay looked sub-mediocre at best.

Megaman 8 (PS)

I'm so sorry.

#367 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 05 June 2016 - 04:29 PM

huh? I thought 8 was decent, 7 is the one i really dislike in the original 1-10

#368 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 05 June 2016 - 08:23 PM

Proof of that? I mean, I'd be mad too, but let's be fair, even before this trailer, Mighty No. 9's gameplay looked sub-mediocre at best.

http://www.techspot....oper-hates.html

#369 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 06 June 2018 - 08:10 PM

After the Legacy Collections came to Switch I bought the first one and played through the games again. First thing I noticed... maybe I was imagining things but I swore there was noticeable input lag, even more so than there normally is on a monitor. Past that, another weird quirk: Any time you used the Switch's home menu and went back into the game, the audio became delayed as well. I... how do you even do this?

But I managed to adjust to the input lag (and again starting to think I was imagining it being worse than normal) and beat all six of the games again. I may get the second Legacy Collection later on but right now I'm a bit hesitant, although I do want 9 and 10 and more modern systems.

I'm too lazy to search for my original rankings so I'll just say that based on the NES games alone, I'd put them like this:

3>6>4>2>1/5

You know me, I don't like 2 very much. I think the robot master stages are fine, yoku blocks in Heat Man's stage and the instant-kill lasers in Quick Man's sage aside. I think the fortress stages are garbage, though. Unfun, with horrible bosses to boot. Really ruins the whole experience for me.

1 and 5... I honestly can't decide which is the worst of the two. 1 is dated, has horrible physics compared to 3 onwards (even 2's are an improvement but weren't quite there), has repetitive stage design elements, and its own fortress stages aren't the best. 5 is far more polished but it also has mostly forgettable music, stages that drag on way too long, not very good boss design, and horrible weapons. I had a hard time deciding which I liked less so I just put them together.

3 is flawed. I can understand not liking 3 based on these flaws. Even its Wily Fortress stages aren't the best, but more due to feeling incomplete than being outright bad. I still highly enjoy the robot master stages and even the Doc Robot remixes, and its soundtrack is godly.

6 is easy, sure, but easy doesn't automatically mean not fun. Wonderful graphics, aesthetics, soundtrack, the weapon variety isn't really the best, sure, but far and away better than 5's.

4... I find some slight annoyance at enemy placement and fortress checkpoints but there's very little wrong with this game, I feel.

4, 5, and 6 all have really bad plots though, but at least 6's you can laugh at how absurd it is.

#370 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 22 July 2018 - 03:09 PM

Hey guess what, that new Megaman cartoon, it has a trailer finally:

Here is a preview for the first episode as well. I'll give it this, the animation's better than expected, but it still seems to have production values on the same level as a Disney Channel Junior show. But I'm still not on board with it as a premise. Megaman as a (robot) schoolboy with his superhero alter ego? Cliche. Who the hell is Mega Mini and why do we need him as a character? Why is he named "Aki" instead of "Rock"? Apparently instead of Roll, we get "Suna." Who is this Sergeant Night and where's Wily? Even if they pull a bait-and-switch later and have Wily reappear, you don't just have a classic Megaman series and not put Wily as the main antagonist from the start!

Oh. And apparently, Protoman will be here too. As Megaman's "twin brother." Named "Namagem."

Fucking. Namagem.

I don't even want to give this show the time of day.

#371 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 22 July 2018 - 03:52 PM

Sounds like Astro Boy, except worse.

#372 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 25 July 2018 - 04:22 AM

oh god the voice acting, this isn't classic megaman. it's modern

sigh...

shoulda been 8 bit

#373 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 25 July 2018 - 07:39 AM

HI HI HI! HIYAH! DEFEND YOURSELF! HI HI HI! HIYAH! DEFEND YOURSELF! HI HI HI! HIYAH! DEFEND YOURSELF!

• Cukeman likes this

#374 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 25 July 2018 - 11:22 AM

I just want a toggle for voice-acting during gameplay, because otherwise it might as well be BURN BURN BURN TO THE GROUND BURN TO THE BURN BURN TO THE GROUND

• Nicholas Steel and Cukeman like this

#375 Old-Skool

Old-Skool

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 25 July 2018 - 11:41 AM

A thought I had today was that in the classic series, it wouldn't surprise me if almost no humans were ever harmed in Wily's schemes or by his creations. Why? Classic.

Edited by Old-Skool, 25 July 2018 - 11:42 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users