Photo

Screenshot of the Week 284

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
27 replies to this topic

Poll: ~ (66 member(s) have cast votes)

~

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#16 Christian

Christian

Summoner

• Members

Posted 02 March 2010 - 06:45 PM

Jupiter won my vote. The others are still good regardless but Jupiter's caught my eye.

#17 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 02 March 2010 - 07:09 PM

Silver: This really interests me in seeing what you've got going on here. It looks good, and definitely brings the intriugue. (Help if I could spell the stupid word...)

Jupiter: Very nice. The spikey trees seem a little odd in the DoR set because a lack of detail, but that's my opinion. I think a little extra ground detail wouldn't hurt, but you've got an excellent start. And because it's a Macbeth quest, it's automatically awesome. icon_razz.gif

green-kirby: I'd cover the corners, but other than that, it's pretty good. Maybe a little too much in the centre, but other than that, I can't complain. The palette looks nice, too.

DarkFlameWolf: This is an excellent example of how using just what you've got in a set (minus a few tiles here) can create something awesome. I love the mountain layering and whatnot. Nice work. icon_smile.gif *Vote*

They're all great shots, by the way. So, nice work everyone!

#18 Chakaa

Chakaa

Hench 4 Life

• Members

Posted 02 March 2010 - 07:46 PM

Silver got my vote after I noticed what was standing there.

#19 Adem

Adem

-

• Members

Posted 02 March 2010 - 07:58 PM

Voted for Silver. The caption is insta-win.

EDIT: Oh...And I guess the dragon and screen were cool too.... icon_deformed.gif

Edited by Rem, 02 March 2010 - 07:59 PM.

#20 Soarin

Soarin

Chosen One

• Members

Posted 02 March 2010 - 09:00 PM

That is Awsome dude. A giant snow dragon Wow!
My vote goes to Silver.

Edited by Rudolph043, 02 March 2010 - 09:01 PM.

#21 Alex-Link

Alex-Link

Alex-Link

• Members

Posted 05 March 2010 - 04:28 PM

Silver, nice screenie icon_biggrin.gif

#22 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 07 March 2010 - 03:12 PM

I must say, what DFW did with the mountains here is great craft(wo)manship. I'm not a big fan of the GB trees elsewhere than in GBC tilesets, but they are placed well, so I don't care too much. However, I voted for DFW's shot.

#23 MrMister

MrMister

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 07 March 2010 - 05:31 PM

I went with DarkFlameWolf. Her design is very pleasing to the eye while being relatively simple.

#24 Lemon

Lemon

Legend

• Members

Posted 07 March 2010 - 06:02 PM

Boring and dull. Silver has a random massive dragon that doesn't fit in in any way shape or form, and while I'm sure it'd be a fun battle doesn't make for a pretty shot.

Jupiter gets my vote because at least it indicates something important, rather than ordinary scenes that could be from any game.

Comon people try harder than this icon_razz.gif.

#25 Bayta

Bayta

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 11 March 2010 - 11:45 PM

I voted for Jupiter. DFW was a close second though.

#26 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 16 March 2010 - 12:21 PM

So, aren't there enough shots to run round 285 or are the guys in charge just unluckily busy? I don't mean to rant, but it's been more than two weeks now =/. Well, maybe you are just short in shots. Any information on why 285 isn't running would be welcomed, though.
(Yeah, it's a bit off-topic, I know, but you can also read it as "284" lasts to long, please close -thingy, which makes it on-topic again =P.)

#27 Christian

Christian

Summoner

• Members

Posted 16 March 2010 - 04:47 PM

It's because screenshot of the week is pretty much dead =(

#28 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 16 March 2010 - 10:14 PM

Sorry guys; we have enough shots, but I've been so distracted by HeartGold that I didn't even think about putting it up. Give me a few more hours; I'm in the middle of a painting job and as soon as I've had a chance to clean up I'll get right to closing this poll and putting up a new one.

Again, sorry sorry sorry. icon_frown.gif It's hard being a full-time student and still maintaining responsibilities here.

Silver - 11 votes = [18.03%]
Jupiter - 14 votes = [22.95%]
green-kirby - 4 votes = [6.56%]
DarkFlameWolf - 32 votes = [52.46%]
Total Votes: 61

DarkFlameWolf
IPB Image
Link wonders if there is a beach nearby, otherwise sand and grass look quite odd...

A very belated congratulations to DarkFlameWolf! May your flame shine... darkly? icon_blah.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users