Photo

Screenshot of the Week 201

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
52 replies to this topic

Poll: SotW 201 (51 member(s) have cast votes)

Contestants

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#16 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 09 March 2008 - 11:51 PM

CastChaos - 7/10
While the mists make the rest of the screen hard to see, it is clear to me that this is done on purpose. Unfortunately, it makes it hard to judge the rest of the screen, but from what I can tell, it looks pretty good. I actually like the very dark green, as it sets the tone for darkness among the trees at night, far away from the lights of civilization.

Gleeok - 7/10
Nice background like last time, only this time involving stuff in the foreground, which of course is a big plus. I like it.

Linkus - 9/10
Attractive. Unique. Nooks. Crannies. Outstanding.

LostInHyrule - 8/10
More good looking winter DoR. Very good usage and blending in.

#17 Alestance

Alestance

Saint Alestance - Eliminator of the ZGP format

• Members

Posted 10 March 2008 - 03:42 AM

Voted for Gleeok, whether it works or not, its the presentation, not if it actually works, and this shot is presented quite well.

#18 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 10 March 2008 - 04:43 AM

New graphics don't make the screenshot. Linkus is a typical interior shot for those types of graphics. For best screen design, LostinHyrule gets my vote.

#19 Dorian

Dorian

Adept

• Members

Posted 10 March 2008 - 06:36 AM

I hesitated between Gleeok and lostinhyrule, but I love snow too much to give up on it icon_thumbsup.gif

#20 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 10 March 2008 - 01:18 PM

Gleeok: I don't feel like voting it. It seems nice at first, but somehow there's no hype... it definitely has something to do with it not being Zelda, plus if all those ships are enemies, then it also has overhelmed gameplay...

Linkus: Awesome! My first thought was that these tiles can be put together much nicely, but after all, I still would love to play through this screen, be it Zelda or not...

LostInHyru1e: It's not only awfully monocolour, but I also feel some disturb... might be it would have been better if some green was visible under the things...?

#21 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 10 March 2008 - 01:56 PM

QUOTE(CastChaos @ Mar 10 2008, 11:18 AM) View Post

LostInHyru1e: It's not only awfully monocolour, but I also feel some disturb... might be it would have been better if some green was visible under the things...?

All the greens in that palette are replaced with white, so it would be pretty hard to put in greens on that screen.

#22 LostInHyru1e

LostInHyru1e

Can you take me as far as PureZC?

• Members

Posted 10 March 2008 - 02:03 PM

Got any better winter palettes for me to use, CC? icon_razz.gif

#23 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 10 March 2008 - 02:04 PM

QUOTE(russadwan @ Mar 10 2008, 07:56 PM) View Post

All the greens in that palette are replaced with white, so it would be pretty hard to put in greens on that screen.

Palettes can be modified... White CSet + Green CSet + layering = WIN.

EDIT: LiH: As I said, just modify. You don't even need to make custom colours, just do some copy/pasting. Like I did with my winter palette in Hyrule's Christmas. Except that I used that for whitening, not for greening...

#24 Linkus

Linkus

• Members

Posted 10 March 2008 - 03:36 PM

QUOTE(LostInHyru1e @ Mar 9 2008, 08:02 PM) View Post

Linkus- also not "Zelda", but, nonetheless... icon_drool.gif

QUOTE(russadwan @ Mar 9 2008, 08:48 PM) View Post

Linkus: It looks good, but doesn't look like ZC.

As I say, forget the Z in ZC. The editor shouldn't be limited to just Zelda games, as it would get very boring in the aspect that we would virtually play the same scenario hundreds of times.
----------------------------
QUOTE(ThunderSpeed @ Mar 9 2008, 08:30 PM) View Post

Linkus: I dunno, something about this screams "I'm trying to be more awesome than I can be".

QUOTE(Lemon @ Mar 9 2008, 09:01 PM) View Post

Well, Linkus has pretty graphic, but yet again has nothing but that. Seriously man, put some action into your scenes. If their were people inhabiting that bar you probably would have this contest locked up. Your scenes really take a beating to the fact that you never do anything interesting with them.

QUOTE(DarkFlameWolf @ Mar 10 2008, 05:43 AM) View Post

New graphics don't make the screenshot. Linkus is a typical interior shot for those types of graphics. For best screen design, LostinHyrule gets my vote.

I can do more. It's just that making sprites from thin air takes a long time, and I didn't have that time. I'll see about completing a full set of all the tiles required to full and functional diner. Secondly, the design isn't much of my fault given that the continuity of the building wouldn't look at all good with ZC's screen limits. I wanted it to look twice as long so that it would be more accurate to the neon-lined diners of the 1950's on the highways, but in the end it just wouldn't look right.
-------------------------------
QUOTE(Lemon @ Mar 9 2008, 09:01 PM) View Post

That is perfect setup, and while I'm already getting sick at seeing the DoR set tiles... their the same tiles and everything I see with them just seems the same... I was really tempted to vote for this. Mix it up people. Throw in some tiles from other places into these DoR shots.

QUOTE(Evile @ Mar 10 2008, 12:12 AM) View Post

I am so sick of DoR. Linkus gets my vote.

This is exactly why I try to post something different than Pure or DoR... It just becomes boring just to look at shots that are all from the same tileset. icon_razz.gif
--------------------------------
QUOTE(LostInHyru1e @ Mar 9 2008, 08:10 PM) View Post

Linkus- is that custom drawn? If not, where did you rip it from?

I love it when my custom tiles are compared to ripped graphics. Now the next step is to handle how to make large items, and try to animate them... icon_smile.gif

EDIT: Also, why isn't this pinned?

Edited by Linkus, 10 March 2008 - 05:51 PM.

#25 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 10 March 2008 - 04:51 PM

I voted for LostInHyru1e. That shot is appealing. icon_smile.gif

#26 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 10 March 2008 - 06:54 PM

I voted Gleeok.

What's happening with 200?

#27 Gleeok

Gleeok

It's dangerous to dough alone, bake this.

• Members

Posted 11 March 2008 - 12:58 AM

Lets see....

I think that winter pallete looks fantastic. ;0
Too bad Linkus didn't work for squaresoft in the 1990's, icon_wink.gif
CC's shot looks like it would be way better to actually play then judge by a pic.

..Yes it's funcional, notice the laser on the right is being absorbed by the ship's shield.
Yep those are all enemies, even though it looks like alot it's actually not as all the enemies are scripted and don't stay on the screen very long.(except bosses) icon_smile.gif

And, what the heck happened to my caption!? C'mon guys, that's two weeks in a row now. I sent it to both of you this time. Can someone edit it in please???

#28 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 13 March 2008 - 09:24 PM

LiH gets my vote. Linkus`s shot is amazing, but Non-Gameplay sgots doesn't cut it for me.

#29 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 13 March 2008 - 09:55 PM

So, is next SotW coming this Sunday? With all the submissions for 200, it seems like that it'd need a break, since it took an extra week.

I just want to know, because I may or may not be able to submit it until this Sunday, and I don't want to be too late.

Edited by Moonwhisper, 13 March 2008 - 10:18 PM.

#30 DarkFlameSheep

DarkFlameSheep

Polm The Fathomless (Slime)

• Members

Posted 13 March 2008 - 11:40 PM

I voted LostInHyrule. icon_wink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users