Photo

Screenshot of the Week 69

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
42 replies to this topic

Poll: Pick your favorite screenshot. (54 member(s) have cast votes)

Pick your favorite screenshot.

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 PrinceMSC

PrinceMSC

Remember the Name

• Members

Posted 07 November 2004 - 11:20 AM

And the contestants are...

Snort
user posted image
Link stands there looking out the window.

link3505
user posted image
some work done on my side-project 'Your Legacy'. it even has a story now!

masterlink3000
user posted image

Valerie
user posted image
Mario battles aliens and Rudolph, in the xmas themed sequel to "Mario's Insane Rampage".

Radien
user posted image
For liquid refreshment....have a Sprite.

Shoelace
user posted image
Link has offically peed his pants, or whatever he's wearing.

So who is the lucky person you voted for?

#2 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 07 November 2004 - 11:49 AM

Masterlink3000 gets my vote, not necessarily for the super-imposed title screen there, because I've seen those graphics over and over again. But the background, I can tell there is some nice mapping skillz going on there that is absent from most of the other pics.

#3 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 07 November 2004 - 12:24 PM

Uh, they all look nice this time! icon_eek.gif

But I just have to vote VEL's Mario screenshot since I want to play MIR's sequel! icon_smile.gif
I never vote title screens and though Radien's animation is awesome, I don't vote animating shots either.

#4 Exate

Exate

Deified

• Members

Posted 07 November 2004 - 12:51 PM

I'm with Petoe on this. MIR was bad-ass and another one from VEL will definitely be awesome. icon_smile.gif

#5 Vargen

Vargen

Junior

• Members

Posted 07 November 2004 - 01:12 PM

All pictures are great, and my vote goes to Snort.

#6 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 07 November 2004 - 02:14 PM

I must say, this is a fairly good week. icon_smile.gif
Snort: Good looking shot there. icon_thumbsup.gif Nice setup, and everything looks like a good mix. These is a very well designed shot. icon_wink.gif
link3505: Good trees, but one thing really throws me off. The trees need to be more solid. I know that look is what they are meant for, but they just look off to me. :\
masterlink3000: Good title screen. But, title screens don't usually get votes unfortunately, because there's no real concept to it.
Valerie: Looks good, however the large amounts of purple is really a throw off.
Radien: I see you're trying to get an OoT look. It's a nice idea, but it really seperates the wall and floor. I doubt making a floor boarder would help this either. The animation just really puts a break between the floor and wall, and that's a throw off.
Shoelace: You're quest still looks good. icon_kawaii.gif Everything here looks to be in order. icon_wink.gif

Now for the hard part. :\ All these shots are good, but I have to go with Snort.

#7 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 07 November 2004 - 02:54 PM

Wow this one seems like it is going to be a tough race. Well here is my two cents:

Snort: I love colors! This one has a good setup. I wonder where the tunnel leads to, Snort Tunnel? icon_razz.gif Keep up the good work.

link3505: Pretty good, I always love link3505's custom tiles because I wish I could make tiles like that. icon_thumbsup.gif

masterlink3000: This title screen is cool. I like the dragon too, as I am using it in my game too. Though I still am going to try to make it in animation. The background is pretty cool, can't wait until we see more of this game.

Valerie: Great job. I love this picture too. To me, it looks like you are making a game like The Nightmare Before Chirstmas. I wonder what that item is Mario is holding?

Radien: I told you before that when I walked into this fairy pond on your demo, that I loved the walls. They are just awesome. I want. icon_razz.gif

Shoelace: OOOO The best picture in the world. icon_razz.gif Just kidding. In this picture Link is battling the Spirit of Passion. What is messed up is that Link is always outnumbered. How rude...

Well I null voted. And it right now as I look at it, it is a very close race. link3505 is currently winning, and I am currently in last. Oh well, at least I have a vote. icon_cool.gif

#8 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 07 November 2004 - 04:03 PM

I voted for masterlink3000. It is one of the best title screens I have ever seen really, and he does have very good tile skills.

#9 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 07 November 2004 - 05:22 PM

why is that, when people vote vor me, they never post? ah well

these are exellent shots, everyone. I especially like Radien's effect. that's really cool. it almost makes it look like the Great Farie's Fountains in OoT. very nice job

Edited by link3505, 07 November 2004 - 05:22 PM.

#10 /M/

/M/

6♣7♠8♥9♥10♥

• Members

Posted 07 November 2004 - 05:27 PM

I voted for link3505 because his screen is the only one with new tiles and it has a great graphic. icon_thumbsup.gif

#11 lord_jamitossi

lord_jamitossi

Wizard

• Members

Posted 07 November 2004 - 05:41 PM

I voted for Shoelace, but i'm gonna have to disagree with everyone else saying that this is a really great week submissoin-wise. I'm not gonna go into details, but I guess it's just too close to really call at this point. Usually you get one really great screenshot that pretty much sweeps the votes, which isn't the case this week.

#12 Sephiroth

Sephiroth

The Legendary Sephiroth

• Members

Posted 07 November 2004 - 06:31 PM

I nulled because I entered. icon_razz.gif

Snort: That's a nice screen ya got there. Good use of colors. icon_razz.gif
link3505: I like the mountain tiles for one thing, However, the trees doesn't match the cartoony style as the mountains do.
masterlink3000: Nice Title Screen. Although I've seen the template dozens of times, I do like the dragon. icon_razz.gif
Valerie:Oooh. MIR Sequel. *Puts quest on waiting to download after release*
Radien: It does seem your are giving it a mix of OoT and LTTP look to it. Nice Job.
Shoelace: Is the guy standing top/center a custom boss? Looks nice. Can't wait to play this one. icon_razz.gif

#13 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 07 November 2004 - 06:44 PM

QUOTE(Snort @ Nov 7 2004, 04:31 PM)
link3505: I like the mountain tiles for one thing, However, the trees doesn't match the cartoony style as the mountains do.

"cartoony style"? I guess I need to work on those a little more. they're supposed to look more realistic, actually. back to the drawing borard, so to speak

#14 System Error

System Error

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 07 November 2004 - 07:28 PM

Snort: Good, except the blue rain clashes horribly with the dull green palette.

link3505: It appears that the leafs are hovering off the branches, like a barrier or something. Would work nice for a custom boss, but not on trees. Also a little empty.

masterlink3000: For some reason, I don't find this appealing to me...I think it's because the dragon looks flat.

Valerie: Hell yeah, MIR sequel! Is that Peach's corpse in the B button slot? You need to use a duller purple, though.

Radien: Somehow, the liquid-ish "flow" of the crystal walls makes it look like you're underwater. And that fairy has no shadow.

Shoelace: The lava pits look weird, and some steam is hovering AWAY from the pit.

I'm null voting, because I don't know who to choose.

#15 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 07 November 2004 - 07:48 PM

Shoelace: The lava pits look weird, and some steam is hovering AWAY from the pit.

Well the steam is actually coming from the enemy when you hit them. icon_wink.gif How does the lava pit look weird, just so I know?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users