• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#31 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 02 July 2012 - 09:08 PM

IPB Image
Umm...This is going to be the water animation?

*Attempts to string them together in a 2x2 below*

IPB ImageIPB Image
IPB ImageIPB Image

#32 kurt91

kurt91

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 02 July 2012 - 09:15 PM

Wow. I absolutely love your water graphics. I've been trying to figure out something to improve the Game Boy water graphics, and haven't been able to come up with anything too good.

Out of curiosity, how many more things do you have left until your tileset is complete? You seem to be making a ton of really great screens with what you've got so far.

#33 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:04 PM

QUOTE(kurt91 @ Jul 2 2012, 10:15 PM) View Post

Wow. I absolutely love your water graphics. I've been trying to figure out something to improve the Game Boy water graphics, and haven't been able to come up with anything too good.

Out of curiosity, how many more things do you have left until your tileset is complete? You seem to be making a ton of really great screens with what you've got so far.

I've got LOTS to do, ha ha. Gotta make connectives to the water now, for the cliffs, grass and dirt; going to need to do desert tiles, house tile variants for the other GB houses available, more GB trees updated, dungeon entrances, interiors, and all of the sprites including Link. But since this is all also for the Zelda game I'm developing, I'm feeding 2 birds with one seed =).

#34 RyanBlazeheart

RyanBlazeheart

Happy Traveling Charizard

• Members

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:51 PM

Wow that's pretty good. Maybe I should switch to ezgbz. Cause no one wants to pay attention to my DoR requests.

Current Mood: Ill IPB Image

Edited by Blackdrake1, 02 July 2012 - 10:52 PM.

#35 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:09 AM

Which looks better, version 1 (left) or version 2 (right)?

IPB ImageIPB Image IPB ImageIPB Image

#36 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 03 July 2012 - 11:59 AM

Great job on the tiles so far!

Yeah, what Jared was saying about where dirt meets grass, it does look a little strange, but when I look at it again, it doesn't look that bad; it's just a little raised up, like the grass area is meant to be slightly higher than the dirt area, which makes sense since the grass should be taller. I think it's that we're just more used to seeing the old GB dirt-grass transitions.

The water... It seems version 1 has more contrast (though I like it anyway). Version 2 is a bit easier on the eyes, so unless anyone disagrees, I say go with version 2.

#37 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 03 July 2012 - 06:55 PM

QUOTE(Lightwulf @ Jul 3 2012, 12:59 PM) View Post

Great job on the tiles so far!

Yeah, what Jared was saying about where dirt meets grass, it does look a little strange, but when I look at it again, it doesn't look that bad; it's just a little raised up, like the grass area is meant to be slightly higher than the dirt area, which makes sense since the grass should be taller. I think it's that we're just more used to seeing the old GB dirt-grass transitions.

The water... It seems version 1 has more contrast (though I like it anyway). Version 2 is a bit easier on the eyes, so unless anyone disagrees, I say go with version 2.

I may have to revisit the path tiles again.

Shallow Water!

IPB Image

Block
IPB ImageIPB Image
IPB ImageIPB Image

Surrounded By Water (going to make connectives to make it smoother, of course, this is just to show the color darkness difference)
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

#38 kurt91

kurt91

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:01 AM

I tried to reply earlier, but my laptop was acting up and refusing to let me actually post.

I was trying to say that I liked water tile #1 best, the second one seemed to move almost too quickly. It actually looked like it would look best for something like rapids.

It also gave me an idea. You know how Link's Awakening used those special water graphics to show currents when you played the raft game? Do you have any idea how to make them match the rest of the graphics you've made to work as something like an indicator to show raft paths or something? I tried messing with them before, and they still just look like big empty patches of blue in the middle of the water.

#39 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 04 July 2012 - 12:15 PM

Have I said that this is absolutely beautiful?

Really, great job on everything you're doing here, Koh! It could be a hot tileset if you plan to release it! icon_wink.gif

#40 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 05 July 2012 - 11:39 AM

QUOTE(kurt91 @ Jul 4 2012, 03:01 AM) View Post

I tried to reply earlier, but my laptop was acting up and refusing to let me actually post.

I was trying to say that I liked water tile #1 best, the second one seemed to move almost too quickly. It actually looked like it would look best for something like rapids.

It also gave me an idea. You know how Link's Awakening used those special water graphics to show currents when you played the raft game? Do you have any idea how to make them match the rest of the graphics you've made to work as something like an indicator to show raft paths or something? I tried messing with them before, and they still just look like big empty patches of blue in the middle of the water.

Then #1 it is! And you mean with that Rapids "minigame?" Yeah I have those tiles, not updated yet, but I was just trying to think about how connecting them for smooth animation (to not make it look cutoff like it did on LA when it met another current going in a different direction)...we'll see how it goes when I get there.
QUOTE(Keiichi123 @ Jul 4 2012, 01:15 PM) View Post

Have I said that this is absolutely beautiful?

Really, great job on everything you're doing here, Koh! It could be a hot tileset if you plan to release it! icon_wink.gif

Thanks~

Here's what I meant for smoother transitions with the shallow water. Not smooth on the left, smooth on the right.

#41 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 09 September 2014 - 03:59 PM

Is this dead?

#42 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 09 September 2014 - 04:09 PM

Considering this thread was 2 years old, I'd say so xD. I don't even have these files anymore, since the harddrive crash of October 2012. Luckily, one of my backup sites had at least the tiles. Here's the legacy of this project. EnhancedGBStuff_zpsdb197203.png

Honestly, there are many things that can be improved here, from all I've learned over all this time. But perhaps that's for the next future boredom.

Edited by Koh, 09 September 2014 - 04:10 PM.

• Jared likes this

#43 Demonlink

Demonlink

Lurking in the shadows...

• Members

Posted 09 September 2014 - 04:26 PM

Considering this thread was 2 years old, I'd say so xD. I don't even have these files anymore, since the harddrive crash of October 2012. Luckily, one of my backup sites had at least the tiles. Here's the legacy of this project. EnhancedGBStuff_zpsdb197203.png

Honestly, there are many things that can be improved here, from all I've learned over all this time. But perhaps that's for the next future boredom.

Making Firebird before it was cool. :lol: 

Sadly, this looked like it would be a hot item around the database. Oh well, I do admit these are mighty gorgeous Koh! :D

#44 coolgamer012345

coolgamer012345

🔸

• Members

Posted 29 September 2014 - 05:51 PM

Would you mind if I used these in a quest?

#45 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 29 September 2014 - 06:11 PM

Feel free, you're free to use them.  That applies to any fan material I do.  I have no rights with regard to fan content anyway.  I only ask that credit is given to the artist.

EDIT:  Good news, I found the Link sprites.

OTZAGreenLink_zps73e1ac7c.png

Edited by Koh, 29 September 2014 - 06:21 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users