Photo

Screenshot of the Week 79

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
30 replies to this topic

Poll: Pick your favorite screenshot. (64 member(s) have cast votes)

Pick your favorite screenshot.

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#16 Aaron

Aaron

AKA partymetroid

• Members

Posted 08 February 2005 - 07:31 PM

I voted for Polygon X8's because that screenshot was awesome. It's taking forever to get through his Metroid quest.

#17 lord_jamitossi

lord_jamitossi

Wizard

• Members

Posted 08 February 2005 - 07:41 PM

I voted for IaN knowing full well that PolygonX8 would have most of the votes. I just liked those tiles for some reason.

My comments:

Ccc : This is conserning the second shot, the one you posted. The grass looks a little over-grown. I really like the trees and cliffs but the ladder/stairs looks a little sketchy.
Dorian : Nice layout, but there isn't really enough new stuff here. Against this sort of competition, a shot mainly from the pure set isn't gonna get far.
DragonBoy : Has this been submitted before? It seems very familliar if you ask me. I must say that I'm fairly against the whole blue and purple tree movement.

Will do the other comments in a while, I've gotta go suddenly. icon_shrug.gif

Edit: I'm back, a whole 10 minutes later. Yay!

Hero_of_Hyrule : As I said to Dorian, this shot is well laid out, but the tiles aren't catchy enough to win this week.
IaN : For some reason I really like this shot. It's simple, yet somehow alluring.
LinktheMaster : I like the trees, but that's about it. The cliffs are a little too angular, they stop looking natural. And there's nothing more natural than a cliff.
PolygonX8 : Your tile skills are truly incredible. I really like this shot, but in voting, I already knew you'd be in the lead by at least 10 votes (it's actually 20 at this point) so I didn't vote for you. Good job on the eventual win though.
skateboarder : Use more than one CSet. It's all blue; I'm sure that if you stared at this shot for long enough and then looked at a white paper, you'd see orange (or whatever's against blue on the colour-wheel). And, just curious, when did you drop the 11 out of your name?

So that's my two cents. This took me a lot longer than I expected. Oh well.

Edited by lord_jamitossi, 08 February 2005 - 08:06 PM.

#18 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 09 February 2005 - 03:27 AM

I voted for PolygonX8. That was an awesome shot, you deserve it. icon_thumbsup.gif icon_thumbsup.gif

#19 Highsight

Highsight

Jake Wins

• Members

Posted 09 February 2005 - 08:30 AM

Wow this is a hard choice but I have to go with Poly's. That boss just looks so awsome keep up the good work poly. icon_wink.gif

#20 phil

phil

Master

• Members

Posted 09 February 2005 - 12:59 PM

I voted for LTM...

#21 lasersquirrel

lasersquirrel

Sparkly Glimpse of Hope

• Members

Posted 09 February 2005 - 02:16 PM

I voted for PolygonX8. I like all the graphics in that shot, in general. However... I don't like custom bosses.

#22 Waluigi

Waluigi

Senior

• Members

Posted 09 February 2005 - 03:13 PM

Polygon X8's is awesome
Ians is ok, but theres nothin goin on icon_shrug.gif

Voted Polygon X8

#23 /M/

/M/

6♣7♠8♥9♥10♥

• Members

Posted 09 February 2005 - 04:26 PM

QUOTE(lord_jamitossi @ Feb 8 2005, 04:41 PM)
I voted for IaN knowing full well that PolygonX8 would have most of the votes.   I just liked those tiles for some reason.

My comments:

Ccc : This is conserning the second shot, the one you posted.  The grass looks a little over-grown.  I really like the trees and cliffs but the ladder/stairs looks a little sketchy.
Dorian : Nice layout, but there isn't really enough new stuff here.  Against this sort of competition, a shot mainly from the pure set isn't gonna get far.
DragonBoy : Has this been submitted before?  It seems very familliar if you ask me.  I must say that I'm fairly against the whole blue and purple tree movement.

Will do the other comments in a while, I've gotta go suddenly.  icon_shrug.gif

Edit: I'm back, a whole 10 minutes later.  Yay!

Hero_of_Hyrule : As I said to Dorian, this shot is well laid out, but the tiles aren't catchy enough to win this week.
IaN : For some reason I really like this shot.  It's simple, yet somehow alluring.
LinktheMaster : I like the trees, but that's about it.  The cliffs are a little too angular, they stop looking natural.  And there's nothing more natural than a cliff.
PolygonX8 : Your tile skills are truly incredible.  I really like this shot, but in voting, I already knew you'd be in the lead by at least 10 votes (it's actually 20 at this point) so I didn't vote for you.  Good job on the eventual win though.
skateboarder : Use more than one CSet.  It's all blue; I'm sure that if you stared at this shot for long enough and then looked at a white paper, you'd see orange (or whatever's against blue on the colour-wheel).  And, just curious, when did you drop the 11 out of your name?

So that's my two cents.  This took me a lot longer than I expected.  Oh well.

icon_confused2.gif this is my FIRST entrie. I'm not sure how you saw this shot. icon_eyebrow.gif Maybe your confused with someone elses. And what purple and blue movement are you talking about? The tree? Well, I didn't like that either. I just added that for more colorful details with the trees. icon_razz.gif

Gashin: I though alot of colors are good? I'll keep that in mind when I submit something else. icon_wink.gif

Edited by DragonBoy, 09 February 2005 - 04:30 PM.

#24 lord_jamitossi

lord_jamitossi

Wizard

• Members

Posted 09 February 2005 - 05:04 PM

Dragonboy, it must have been another shot that was similar or something. If it's your first entry, then congrats because the first screenshots I made were TERRIBLE.

And, yes, I meant the trees. If you're going for a realistic shot, blue trees definately aren't a good choice.

#25 Hergiswi

Hergiswi

don't look for me, i'm just a story you've been told

• Members

Posted 09 February 2005 - 05:54 PM

DragonBoy: You posted them in CQD a while back. I remember the thread. icon_wink.gif

Anyway, I don't feel like commenting right now (o_o), so I'll just say I'm voting for PolygonX8.

#26 /M/

/M/

6♣7♠8♥9♥10♥

• Members

Posted 09 February 2005 - 06:13 PM

QUOTE(Hergiswi @ Feb 9 2005, 02:54 PM)
DragonBoy: You posted them in CQD a while back. I remember the thread. icon_wink.gif

Anyway, I don't feel like commenting right now (o_o), so I'll just say I'm voting for PolygonX8.

(goes and check) Oh..that's why everyone is saying they saw them. icon_razz.gif Well sorry guys I forgot about that. icon_sorry.gif

#27 PrinceMSC

PrinceMSC

Remember the Name

• Members

Posted 12 February 2005 - 06:40 PM

Welp, if it isn't obvious, PolygonX8 is our winner. Congratulations! Now remember SotW 80 will not be up until around this time tomorrow. So you have until then to get me your screenshot.

icon_king.gif PrinceMSC icon_king.gif

#28 Exate

Exate

Deified

• Members

Posted 12 February 2005 - 07:22 PM

Heh, so much for a close week. icon_razz.gif I'm just glad this shot was one of my winners.

This week's moral is: "Don't compete with Ridley." icon_smile.gif

#29 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 12 February 2005 - 08:09 PM

Yeah, I can't believe LTM thought it would be close. It was a close race for everybody BUT X8, so as long as you discount that he got over 70% of the votes... icon_wink.gif

#30 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 13 February 2005 - 12:25 AM

Congrats Polygon, and you are right, you just can't mess with Ridley. icon_razz.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users