Contest

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#61 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 18 November 2018 - 09:49 AM

Yeah - I had a lot more planned for my credits theme, and I left that in the file (maybe as a kind of bonus version of the theme? - it'll make more sense if you see the file), so that at least would be useful to have.
With the .sib files (which I don't believe you can open with other programs, though I do believe there are converters to make them into other files usable with open engraving software, for example Lilypond), the MIDI files are likely also just as useful to anyone. The score (i.e. the .sib file) is really only useful if you want to see what I was thinking (and what insane keys I briefly ended up in) while creating it. That said, I don't think Avid cares about distribution of user-created files, just that most people here (I assume, since not many here appear to be composers, and even fewer appear to be classical composers, and even fewer appear to be based in Europe (not sure if we have any classical composers on here based in Europe, tbh)) don't have Sibelius, and so wouldn't be able to use the files.
I'll think about adding them when I upload.

I'm working on the 'Default' module right now, and I could use the themes that you've composed. What is the status thereof, and what can you send to me?

I need the following in MIDI format:

Main Title
Overworld
Level
Level 9
End Credits (can rewuse another for this if needed).

#62 klop422

klop422

Guess I'm full of monsters and treasure

• Members

Posted 18 November 2018 - 10:04 AM

I currently have a completed famitracker module (i.e. the music in an 8-bit format), which can easily be exported as a .nsf file. Tracks I've got in there (keep in mind I started this as a separate project - originally for a more FF-styled RPG - so some of the tracks aren't necessary, just possibly useful, especially given the types of games people may be making with this engine) are:

Main Title

Overworld

Battle (Generic; could be for a miniboss or just a general 'kill the enemies' challenge)

Town

Minigame

Dungeon

'Encounter' (Though it works as a kind of final dungeon theme as well)

Boss

End Credits

I got distracted partway through the MIDIfication, though, so so far I've only got Main Title and Town as MIDIs, with Overworld kind of partway completed. Not sure how much time I have soon (deadlines etc.), but if it works for you, I can start doing proper work in December. Might see if I can outsource some of the work to my brother (who's expressed interest) :P.

If you want, I can send you the 8-bit version (either as a .ftm or as a .nsf, whichever you prefer), just so you can hear them If you. I could also send you the currently completed MIDIs.

#63 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 18 November 2018 - 12:58 PM

I currently have a completed famitracker module (i.e. the music in an 8-bit format), which can easily be exported as a .nsf file. Tracks I've got in there (keep in mind I started this as a separate project - originally for a more FF-styled RPG - so some of the tracks aren't necessary, just possibly useful, especially given the types of games people may be making with this engine) are:
Main Title
Overworld
Battle (Generic; could be for a miniboss or just a general 'kill the enemies' challenge)
Town
Minigame
Dungeon
'Encounter' (Though it works as a kind of final dungeon theme as well)
Boss
End Credits

I got distracted partway through the MIDIfication, though, so so far I've only got Main Title and Town as MIDIs, with Overworld kind of partway completed. Not sure how much time I have soon (deadlines etc.), but if it works for you, I can start doing proper work in December. Might see if I can outsource some of the work to my brother (who's expressed interest) :P.

If you want, I can send you the 8-bit version (either as a .ftm or as a .nsf, whichever you prefer), just so you can hear them If you. I could also send you the currently completed MIDIs.

Please send me whatever you have completed, in all three formats. I'll work with the NSFs too, as it seems that I need to point the module to the base NSF to use.

Edit: I added base_NSF to the module format. I need to add tracks, next.

Edit 2: Added those, too. Now only the DMap editor 'default' tracks remain hardcoded.

#64 klop422

klop422

Guess I'm full of monsters and treasure

• Members

Posted 20 November 2018 - 04:45 PM

Sorry it took a couple days - haven't had free time for a few days, and I wanted to get a demo quest functional.

I've collected everything that's done for now, and have put it in a .zip archive. Since I wasn't sure whether you wanted it PMed to you (I know you've previously said that that's been an issue), I'm just going to leave the link here. Anyone else is welcome to give it a listen and some feedback as well.

http://www.mediafire..._Music.zip/file

Apologies about the timewastiness of the quest, but I couldn't think of a better way to keep the player around to listen through the tracks. A couple might still need some sitting around, tbh. But that's why I've added all the files.

If you look through the famitracker file, you might realise that the credits theme is a lot longer than it sounds. That's just a leftover from an idea I had for it - if you want to listen to what's currently written from that, just delete the bit that says B02 at the end of the triangle channel in frame 07. Was just an idea for a massively extended version of the credits (maybe for a secret goal or something). In any case, it got a bit long and I thought it was unnecessary. It's in there, though, in case anyone wants a listen, or in case it should be added later.

Anyway, the link's there now. Again, I might not get time to properly work through the MIDIfication until December or even later (deadlines, exams, etc.), but this is all complete (save for some slight edits, probably).

#65 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 20 November 2018 - 08:38 PM

Sorry it took a couple days - haven't had free time for a few days, and I wanted to get a demo quest functional.

I've collected everything that's done for now, and have put it in a .zip archive. Since I wasn't sure whether you wanted it PMed to you (I know you've previously said that that's been an issue), I'm just going to leave the link here. Anyone else is welcome to give it a listen and some feedback as well.

http://www.mediafire..._Music.zip/file

Apologies about the timewastiness of the quest, but I couldn't think of a better way to keep the player around to listen through the tracks. A couple might still need some sitting around, tbh. But that's why I've added all the files.

If you look through the famitracker file, you might realise that the credits theme is a lot longer than it sounds. That's just a leftover from an idea I had for it - if you want to listen to what's currently written from that, just delete the bit that says B02 at the end of the triangle channel in frame 07. Was just an idea for a massively extended version of the credits (maybe for a secret goal or something). In any case, it got a bit long and I thought it was unnecessary. It's in there, though, in case anyone wants a listen, or in case it should be added later.

Anyway, the link's there now. Again, I might not get time to properly work through the MIDIfication until December or even later (deadlines, exams, etc.), but this is all complete (save for some slight edits, probably).

Thank you. I mirrored them to the modules/default path on the server, and I'll have a listen.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Contest

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users