Photo

A Review Series concept idea I've had

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Poll: Poll Title [] Make votes Public?

How do ya'll feel about this concept?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Haylee

Haylee

~ The Ragin' Cajun ~

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 28 May 2021 - 09:16 AM

Okay, so I've noticed over the years, my tastes in games tends to be funky compared to other people. Many games that people dislike I tend to either like or at least find a lot of things to appreciate about it, that I feel like other people tend to overlook, and I genuinely enjoy talking about it.

Basically what I'm saying is, what do you guys think about the idea of me trying to "funpill" you guys on games that most find to not be good or particularly fun by the general community? The games don't even have to be bad either, it could just be a less popular entry in a well received series, or even just overlooked, despite being mostly universally loved.

A couple of examples regarding "bad" games that I'd love to talk about include things like Final Fantasy II, Fire Emblem Fates: Revelations, or Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness.

Obscurity wise, pretty much the entire SaGa series, Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones (compared to the other GBA entries + Tellius), and maybe something like Summon Knight: Swordcraft Story. I could include a couple ZC quests in there too for the funny.

I kind of need something to do anyways, and I'd definitely need to figure out the overall method of how I'd go about these retrospectives.

• Magi_Hero and Shane like this

#2 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 28 May 2021 - 09:18 AM

Go with the funny.

I imagine either a mega thread or a YouTube series. I think the latter would be more accessible in case you build an audience outside of Pure.

#3 Hergiswi

Hergiswi

don't look for me, i'm just a story you've been told

• Members

Posted 28 May 2021 - 09:40 AM

i say go for it. sometimes seeing why somebody likes something that many other people don't can provide insight into the way their mind works and what kind of things they appreciate/look for in games. plus you seem entertaining so it would probably be good quality instead of just some person whining in a youtube video because people don't like the games they do

#4 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 28 May 2021 - 07:35 PM

"Hey, so I had this idea, should I-"

YES!!!

That said, being contrarian is more important than being supportive, so I voted "no"  :goof:

• Mani Kanina and Evan20000 like this

#5 Mani Kanina

Mani Kanina

Rabbits!

• Members

Posted 28 May 2021 - 10:01 PM

I like reading or listening to people's views about games, generally. What I tend to value is that they are well reasoned and give an accurate perspective about the game. So if you think you can write an interesting perspective about a game, etc, then I say go for it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users