30 replies to this topic

#1 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 12 July 2019 - 10:50 AM

I have released a new quest...
https://www.purezc.n...e=quests&id=695

Use this topic for any discussion or bug fixes.

Potentially critical update on 7-15-2019

If you experience any crashes, make sure to replace the old file with the most recent one.
if you still experience any crashes, let me know where.

• James24, Shane and Eddy like this

#2 DBDjango

DBDjango

• Members

Posted 12 July 2019 - 02:54 PM

I've put an hour in roughly, and one bug I've found has to do with the "Choose One Capacity Upgrade" rooms, as it seems you can get all three from the Goriyas in each instance. I've had it happen with the Castle Town and Kakariko Village ones so far. Good quest so far though.

Update:

One more bug - It looks like the Mummy boss in the Desert respawns; only boss I've seen do it so far. No additional rewards on it, but not sure if intended.

Edited by DBDjango, 12 July 2019 - 03:53 PM.

• Epsalon ZX likes this

#3 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 12 July 2019 - 06:09 PM

That's strange. I just used the basic Take One Item room types. I don't know what I could do about that.

Ah, the mummy was the last boss I added. I must have just forgot to hit that one checkbox. Kind of appropriate for a mummy though.

Thanks for pointing those things. I never would have even thought to try the Take One Item rooms more than once.
  • Lightwulf and Epsalon ZX like this

#4 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 12 July 2019 - 08:00 PM

If you have the "Items Disappear During Hold-Up" quest rule checked under NES Fixes, which should normally contribute to properly functional item rooms, then you probably placed items that have pickup strings in the item room in conjunction with the "Messages Freeze All Action" quest rule being enabled. I guess that rule also freezes the action of clearing the other items, because if you disable it, they disappear.

I made note of it once at the end of this post late 2017, but I guess it wasn't deemed a program concern since items only remain with the pickup string script attached, and disappear properly regardless of "Messages Freeze All Action" being enabled or disabled as long as they don't use the script.
  • Lightwulf and Epsalon ZX like this

#5 DBDjango

DBDjango

• Members

Posted 12 July 2019 - 10:50 PM

Yeah, I should note that I didn't re-enter the room. I could just pick up one, and the other two would flicker, and become available immediately afterwards. Doesn't let you stockpile infinite items from it, but it still gave each upgrade for free instead of making me choose.

Regarding endgame:

Spoiler

Edited by DBDjango, 13 July 2019 - 04:24 AM.

• Epsalon ZX likes this

#6 Epsalon ZX

Epsalon ZX

Dragon Of Wind

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 13 July 2019 - 07:11 AM

Spoiler

#7 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 13 July 2019 - 07:44 AM

Yeah, I should note that I didn't re-enter the room. I could just pick up one, and the other two would flicker, and become available immediately afterwards. Doesn't let you stockpile infinite items from it, but it still gave each upgrade for free instead of making me choose.

Regarding endgame:

Spoiler

These are your answers below.

Spoiler

Thanks for the explanation Lut. I made an update that fixes the Take Only One Item rooms.
Though I don't consider it a critical update, it is there.

• Epsalon ZX likes this

#8 kimeramon

kimeramon

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 13 July 2019 - 10:29 AM

I've completed level 4 and I'm still trying to find the letter. I've killed most overworld bosses. Any hints?

#9 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 13 July 2019 - 10:52 AM

I've completed level 4 and I'm still trying to find the letter. I've killed most overworld bosses. Any hints?

Spoiler

• Epsalon ZX likes this

#10 DarkFlameSheep

DarkFlameSheep

Polm The Fathomless (Slime)

• Members

Posted 13 July 2019 - 11:11 AM

I just beat Lv2, I would like to get Lv2 sword and tunic(ring) item by now. Where could I get them?

Well, Shoshon, I guess you seemed to play and beat Dark Souls series. Also, I played and beat a lot of ARMORED CORE series. So we know FromSoftware.

• Epsalon ZX likes this

#11 James24

James24

Adept

• Banned

Posted 13 July 2019 - 11:14 AM

Pretty nice quest so far Shoshon.  I've got 4 triforce pieces and I must say that I like your quest so far.  Haven't seen any bugs and I like your sense of balance - the quest is certainly no pushover and sometimes I've been forced out of areas because I think I haven't got enough combat equipment to take them on and I like that.  One small complaint I have is that the bosses have a bit too many hit points sometimes the battle can take a long time and it gets a little repetitious performing the same things again and again to kill them.

• Useless Old Man Wisdom and Epsalon ZX like this

#12 Epsalon ZX

Epsalon ZX

Dragon Of Wind

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 13 July 2019 - 11:18 AM

I just beat Lv2, I would like to get Lv2 sword and tunic(ring) item by now. Where could I get them?

Well, Shoshon, I guess you seemed to play and beat Dark Souls series. Also, I played and beat a lot of ARMORED CORE series. So we know FromSoftware.

Spoiler

• DarkFlameSheep likes this

#13 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 13 July 2019 - 01:50 PM

Pretty nice quest so far Shoshon.  I've got 4 triforce pieces and I must say that I like your quest so far.  Haven't seen any bugs and I like your sense of balance - the quest is certainly no pushover and sometimes I've been forced out of areas because I think I haven't got enough combat equipment to take them on and I like that.  One small complaint I have is that the bosses have a bit too many hit points sometimes the battle can take a long time and it gets a little repetitious performing the same things again and again to kill them.

Yeah. This is a huge reason I want to teach myself how to use ghost. They are all newbie bosses so there's only so much variation I can give to them. I'd love to learn ghost in the future so I could truly make the bosses unique.
Give them their own attacks, give their attacks a short windup, show some animations for the various attacks. Change it up once they reach a certain health. Things like that. If I learn ghost, the bosses in this quest will be overhauled, cause this quest would benefit greatly from more customized bosses.

Glad to hear it's not a pushover. I didn't want incredibly difficult, but I did want a bit of a challenge to it.

Yeah, the only Souls game I haven't beaten is Dark Souls III. Which I just recently put on my PS4.

I recently beat Sekiro. Which is where the inspiration for Overworld Bosses came from.

• DarkFlameSheep, Lightwulf and Epsalon ZX like this

#14 James24

James24

Adept

• Banned

Posted 14 July 2019 - 05:26 AM

I must say some of the later bosses can be quite challenging simply because they only require one or two hits to kill the player.  If you need a fairy heal there's a small delay and that gives them a small opportunity to land the killer blow.  I don't think the boss movements themselves are challenging - just that they do massive damage and have huge numbers of hit points themselves that makes them a challenge.  So even if you're doing some repetitious cycle for a long time there's always the possibility you could fall asleep for a split second and *boom* you're dead.  The lost woods bosses were very difficult to beat with a blue tunic and a magic sword - reminds me of some of Evan's bosses from IoR heroic.  

Another small complaint is that there's no way to quickly replenish perishables quickly between boss attempts - like stamina, arrows, blue potion or bombs.  Can be overcome with a retry but its kind of messy.  Maybe all of those should be replenished when touching a fairy?

Anyway, I just got 8 triforce pieces and I'm looking for level 9 and the master sword.  There's one screen in the lost woods I can't get to and I've got a feeling that that is the place to get the sword.  I really don't want to use pen and paper to start mapping the lost woods so I'm hoping there's another way.  I'll keep looking.

• Useless Old Man Wisdom and Epsalon ZX like this

#15 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 14 July 2019 - 07:10 AM

I must say some of the later bosses can be quite challenging simply because they only require one or two hits to kill the player. If you need a fairy heal there's a small delay and that gives them a small opportunity to land the killer blow. I don't think the boss movements themselves are challenging - just that they do massive damage and have huge numbers of hit points themselves that makes them a challenge. So even if you're doing some repetitious cycle for a long time there's always the possibility you could fall asleep for a split second and *boom* you're dead. The lost woods bosses were very difficult to beat with a blue tunic and a magic sword - reminds me of some of Evan's bosses from IoR heroic.

Another small complaint is that there's no way to quickly replenish perishables quickly between boss attempts - like stamina, arrows, blue potion or bombs. Can be overcome with a retry but its kind of messy. Maybe all of those should be replenished when touching a fairy?

Anyway, I just got 8 triforce pieces and I'm looking for level 9 and the master sword. There's one screen in the lost woods I can't get to and I've got a feeling that that is the place to get the sword. I really don't want to use pen and paper to start mapping the lost woods so I'm hoping there's another way. I'll keep looking.

Spoiler

• Epsalon ZX likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users