Links Decision 2

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 Lordkronos

Lordkronos

Hero of Dark World

• Members

Posted 08 February 2022 - 02:32 PM

I Opened a Help Thread for This New Great and Fun Quest The Situation is That I was visiting The Castle and Yeah i Couldnt Go in The Two North Doors :D

zc-screen00306.png

And I Beat Level 3 but im Not Sure were the Dungeon Item is my Feeling Says it Could be The Ladder but I Only Found a Magic Upgrade and a Bomb one :D

#2 congo23

congo23

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 12 February 2022 - 09:52 AM

I'm having trouble finding Level 5.  I know which area to be looking in, but it looks like I need the 2nd-level bracelet to get there, and to get that I need the big wallet which I haven't found.

thanks!

#3 Lordkronos

Lordkronos

Hero of Dark World

• Members

Posted 12 February 2022 - 04:48 PM

I'm having trouble finding Level 5.  I know which area to be looking in, but it looks like I need the 2nd-level bracelet to get there, and to get that I need the big wallet which I haven't found.

thanks!

The Level 5 Is In The Mountains North West Corner of The Map You come In Trough The Future but as Soon as you fint The Teleporter You Should Go to The Past to Start There :D

#4 congo23

congo23

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 13 February 2022 - 11:05 AM

sorry, I'm still stuck - What do you mean by "come in through the teleporter"?  All I can do is teleport to the area in the Southwest where I've already been, and that doesn't seem to allow me access to the northwest mountains.

Edit - Question withdrawn - I finally saw a ladder that I had completely missed.

Edited by congo23, 14 February 2022 - 10:08 AM.

#5 Lordkronos

Lordkronos

Hero of Dark World

• Members

Posted 14 February 2022 - 04:38 PM

sorry, I'm still stuck - What do you mean by "come in through the teleporter"?  All I can do is teleport to the area in the Southwest where I've already been, and that doesn't seem to allow me access to the northwest mountains.

Edit - Question withdrawn - I finally saw a ladder that I had completely missed.

Then Good Luck on You New Way as Im Stuck curently by a Blockpuzzle in The Present Dungeon Maybe you Have More Luck to Solve this Puzzle :D

#6 spiff999

spiff999

Junior

• Members

Posted 15 February 2022 - 10:09 AM

In Optional 4 Dungeon, there is a block which should move to allow me to get to the part of the dungeon with the item ("A" passage in the map), but it refuses to move.  All other blocks that should move do, but not this one.  Same issue in Level 7 Past in the room where you have to defeat a many-headed gleock.

Edited by spiff999, 15 February 2022 - 10:38 AM.

#7 congo23

congo23

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 16 February 2022 - 01:08 PM

I'm in Secret Dungeon 3, and I took the Knight's path after showing my badge.  I get up to the room with the pushable blocks and none of the blocks move.  I'm just trapped in a little area with a closed door at my back.

I've also found the same issue as the post above me in Optional 4.

Edited by congo23, 16 February 2022 - 02:06 PM.

#8 obake-san

obake-san

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 19 February 2022 - 05:44 PM

I didn't notice a topic opened up. The pushblocks at O4 and LVL7 and S3 should all be fixed. The empty cave that spit you out on the wrong side of the river is fixed. Other cave problems in the overworld have been fixed, including a couple that were inaccessible before (that only contained secret money nothing important). Thanks, any more issues let me know. I'll be sure to monitor this thread now.

Until the fix 0.9.4 is published on PureZC, you can get the new version from the quest's information page (there are no spoilers on the main page). The link will expire once 

I'm not sure if there's anything I can do about that room on the second floor of the castle. I forgot about that issue with custom doorways going up. Turning on freeform dungeons would break other things, but it doesn't matter much because the screen is just empty bedrooms. If there's no solution, a future update will change the screen to use a normal open door.

castle%20L2.png

• Lordkronos likes this

#9 jccarratl

jccarratl

Junior

• Members

Posted 20 February 2022 - 10:11 AM

Anyone got to Level 7 yet and figure out how to open the gated door within the dungeons? Somehow I got the gated door in the Future open but not sure how I did it. Can't get the gated doors in the Past and Present open.

Never mind . . . figured it out.  Pretty clever.

Edited by jccarratl, 20 February 2022 - 12:47 PM.

#10 obake-san

obake-san

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 20 February 2022 - 02:00 PM

There was an issue with one of the internal doors that was fixed in version 0.9.4, where a pushblock didn't push. That said, there are three indoor switches in LVL 7. The help cave will tell you where/when to go, and you can use the whistle whirlwind to get to the help cave quickly.

#11 Lukaz

Lukaz

Master

• Members

Posted 03 March 2022 - 10:23 AM

Thank  you Obake-San for this nice and different quest. I have 2 questions:

1. At the end of level 7 in the past is an old man instead of zelda and he doesn´t talk. Is this the end ?

2. Somebody mentioned  an optional dungeon 4. I have only found 3 of them. Where is the 4th ?

#12 obake-san

obake-san

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 03 March 2022 - 11:52 PM

That is not the end of the game. I don't know if you have anything else to do in the game, but it does actually end and go through the zelda 1 credits like normal. I'm not sure where exactly you're stuck, so message me with a little more information.

Yes, there are four optional dungeons. None of them are well-hidden, but if you've already done O1, O2, ad O3, then a good enough answer is "The Day the Earth Froze", the semi-official name of the dungeon. The other three have similar names.

#13 Ant0824

Ant0824

• Members

Posted 04 March 2022 - 04:45 AM

How do I Get pass this Room in Secret Dungeon 3?

Post the Solutions for the Upper Right Room

#14 obake-san

obake-san

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 04 March 2022 - 02:53 PM

For the level 7 question above, there is no problem or bug. It's just a bit vague on what to do next. There is only one thing you are able to interact with at that point, even if what you do with it seems like a bad idea. I hope that's both vague enough for people who haven't gotten that far, and specific enough to answer the question.

Edited by obake-san, 04 March 2022 - 02:55 PM.

#15 obake-san

obake-san

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 05 March 2022 - 01:25 AM

Okay, this is random. Mystery Science Theater 3000 (MST3K, the 2-hr TV show where you watch a full length movie while silhouettes of a person and two puppet robots sitting in a row of theater seats make fun of it) announced tonight they're doing a special tribute in two weeks to the movie "Manos the Hands of Fate", one of their most classic episodes (and they claimed it was the worst movie they ever did out of more than 200 episodes). This movie from the mid 60s was made specifically to win a bet, and reportedly the total amount paid to the entire cast and crew was one bicycle and a supply of dog food.

In case you can't figure out why any of that would be relevant, Manos -> Chronos, and Hands -> Tears. Yes, the quest is named after an episode of a TV show, which is named after a movie. Red hands are a theme in Manos, which show up maybe a dozen times in the quest. In fact, yesterday's post about the optional dungeon name? All four optional dungeons are named after MST3K episodes. If you want to check out how bad Manos is, the Rifftrax of it has jokes that aren't 25 years old (free preview here https://www.rifftrax...hands-of-fate).

This is a good chance to bring up something else. There are eight secret money caves with characters from other things in them, many of which have no indication whatsoever without the lens of truth. One of them contains the three hosts of MST3K: Joel ('88-'93) Mike ('93-'99 and Rifftrax founder) and Jonah ('17-current). The two soldiers from Discworld puffing on tobacco is the only open one of these eight caves, so you probably came across that one even though you did not get the reference. The references are described in three spoiler-free sections of the walkthrough, one that includes other things like why wizzard is sometimes spelled with two Zs but no locations, one that says who is in each cave and where, and this third one that only lists eight overworld coordinates and nothing else. I put these caves in the quest merely because I felt like it. And now I suspect nobody will ever find most of them if I don't say something. I hope somebody other than me gets some mild entertainment from these caves, especially the one with <redacted>. These caves have nothing to do with the game or story, and the only help or hints you'll get out of them or the reference pages of the walkthrough is a few extra rupees.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users