Photo

"Wait" until the textbox finishes + Warp Transition?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Nobody

Nobody

• Members

Posted 20 March 2022 - 04:56 PM

So stupid questions: Is there a way for the script to, I suppose, wait until after a textbox is finished and the player presses the button to close it before it continues on with the rest of the script?

Also, the Warp function warps Link to a DMap and screen, but it happens very instantaneous, is there a way to add a transition effect of sorts to the Warp function, not unlike the Tile Warp or Side Warp? I.e. having a "Insta-Warp with Zap Effects" effect/type.

#2 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 20 March 2022 - 09:33 PM

Typically this is done with the Messages Freeze All Action rule, though that prevents things from happening during the text. For cases where things do need to run during text many of us use tango.zh instead of the regular string editor. I'm not aware of a way to detect whether or not a string is playing.

Warp effects run via script can be accomplished with WarpEx in 2.55. In 2.53, you can set one of the screen's side warps and then set an FFC to an Auto Side Warp A combo.

#3 Emily

Emily

Scripter / Dev

• ZC Developers

Posted 21 March 2022 - 11:37 AM

Typically this is done with the Messages Freeze All Action rule, though that prevents things from happening during the text. For cases where things do need to run during text many of us use tango.zh instead of the regular string editor. I'm not aware of a way to detect whether or not a string is playing.

Warp effects run via script can be accomplished with WarpEx in 2.55. In 2.53, you can set one of the screen's side warps and then set an FFC to an Auto Side Warp A combo.

"Screen->ShowingMessage" will tell you if an engine string is currently being displayed, and which one. This was *just* added in 2.55 Alpha 104.

• Moosh likes this

#4 Nobody

Nobody

• Members

Posted 24 March 2022 - 09:23 PM

N/A

Edited by JesterKatz, 05 April 2022 - 01:18 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users