202 replies to this topic

#31 Drachenritter

Drachenritter

Initiate

• Members

Posted 13 October 2014 - 11:08 PM

Magic Book:

Spoiler

Hm , have to look closer ... but mission completed :-) Interesting Snake ...

#32 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 14 October 2014 - 10:48 AM

Oh, yeah.  The Magic Book is a bit hidden.  Here's the scoop:

Spoiler

Oh, and just to be clear, the one who needs the meat is called a Gorblin.  It's sort of a cross between a Goriya and a Moblin, although it looks quite different from both.  I based its looks off of the shape of the island.

In the DX (2.50) version of the quest, since I'll finally be able to make my own enemies, there will be Gorblins on the surface where there are Moblins now.  (I don't know when I'll start working on that version, though.  I'm taking a break from questmaking for a while.)

Edited by Lightwulf, 14 October 2014 - 10:55 AM.

#33 canaan

canaan

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 14 October 2014 - 10:51 AM

Im having some issues locating the big key in level 9....any hints?

#34 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 14 October 2014 - 11:02 AM

Have you been to the basement yet? 

Spoiler

If so, go north from where you entered the basement and pay Ventus either money or life (I'd prefer the money, myself), then keep following the path.  You'll need the magic sword, boots, and wand to get it, though.

#35 canaan

canaan

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 14 October 2014 - 11:08 AM

Spoiler

If so, go north from where you entered the basement and pay Ventus either money or life (I'd prefer the money, myself), then keep following the path.  You'll need the magic sword, boots, and wand to get it, though.

oh god. im a dummy. i hit that statue once with the hammer and assumed that wasnt it. lol

#36 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 14 October 2014 - 11:28 AM

Whoops! I misunderstood what you meant by "big key" - I was thinking of the Magic Key, not the Boss Key!  Silly me.  :wacky:

Spoiler

No, the "big key" is to the left after you enter the basement.

Edited by Lightwulf, 14 October 2014 - 11:29 AM.

#37 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 14 October 2014 - 11:28 AM

L5

Ah that's the one. Thanks!

Edit: Found yet another bug. Came in from the left of this screen and this happened:

P2xxZDE.png?1

Edited by EddyTheOliveira, 14 October 2014 - 12:26 PM.

• Lightwulf likes this

#38 Spelunker

Spelunker

So Long, and Thanks for all the Fish

• Members

Posted 14 October 2014 - 04:39 PM

Looking for the magic sword and the wallet. Do I need the flippers to get either one?

#39 Air Luigi

Air Luigi

Tio guachi

• Members

Posted 14 October 2014 - 04:50 PM

For the sword, you need the flippers. For the wallet, you only need the ladder.

#40 Spelunker

Spelunker

• Members

Posted 14 October 2014 - 05:14 PM

For the sword, you need the flippers. For the wallet, you only need the ladder.

Where is the wallet?

#41 Air Luigi

Air Luigi

Tio guachi

• Members

Posted 14 October 2014 - 05:18 PM

Look well around L5, with the flippers, the wallet is easy to find.

#42 Spelunker

Spelunker

• Members

Posted 14 October 2014 - 05:27 PM

Look well around L5, with the flippers, the wallet is easy to find.

Found the wallet, just need to find the flippers.

#43 Air Luigi

Air Luigi

Tio guachi

• Members

Posted 14 October 2014 - 05:34 PM

The flippers are in L7

#44 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 15 October 2014 - 01:59 AM

@EddyTheOliveira:  FYI, I haven't ignored your bug reports.  Sorry I haven't replied on these earlier.

Edit 2: Another quick bug report:

xbrLSYd.png?1

Defeated the Gohma and when I came back into this room, I always take damage on that one spike next to the bomb wall before it disappears. Probably wanna fix that too.

1.  Yeah, I thought it wasn't that big of a deal since I normally had enough hearts that it wouldn't kill me; but now that you mention it, it is kind of a pain that it does that.  It's not even supposed to do that!  The trap disappears with the secret the moment he walks through the bomb hole, but he still takes damage. ... Anyway, I've redesigned the room so that it's not a trap/damage combo that's there.  You'll see in the next update, which I should be doing tonight (hopefully soon).

Found a quick tile error:

oDPG3kT.png?1

Can't believe I'm finding all of these small things XD

Anyways, now that I have the Flippers, the real fun starts. Can't wait to start exploring everywhere :D

Also, I recall a previous dungeon where you needed the Flippers, but I can't remember which one... any ideas?

Edit: Did an F6 in the Open Ocean and this happened:

fAQEBVm.png?1

I now seem to be stuck lol

Edit 2: A Save got me out of it.

2. (tile error) I redesigned that screen a couple of times, so that explains why I missed this one.  It's hard to see; thanks for finding it!  Fixed.  

3. (Open Ocean) ?  Not sure how that happened.  I think 2.50 might've changed some rules regarding continues, because Open Ocean doesn't have the box for "Continue" set.  Anyway, I've hopefully fixed this by assigning a continue screen (even though Link shouldn't be continuing there) to the Open Ocean DMaps, as well as assigned a green square to screen 00 for both DMaps so that you won't show up in the top left corner in case one of these continue errors shows up in the future.

Ah that's the one. Thanks!

Edit: Found yet another bug. Came in from the left of this screen and this happened:

P2xxZDE.png?1

4. Thanks for finding this one!  I made it so those corners aren't on the edges of the screen anymore.

I'll be uploading the update with these bugfixes soon.   :)  Thanks for reporting them!

Edit: I just sent the update a few minutes ago.  It should post by morning, I think.  (I'm on PST, so right now it's after 1 am my time.)

Edit2: Well, I'll be!  It just posted! :D  (That was quick.)  Well, the updated quest file is available now, with all the bugfixes made that have been posted here so far.  (Plus one that wasn't reported - the missing burn flag on Serpento Island; I found that when I was investigating the continue bug -hint hint-. ;) )

Edited by Lightwulf, 15 October 2014 - 03:20 AM.

#45 captlagnaf

captlagnaf

Initiate

• Members

Posted 15 October 2014 - 06:50 AM

Need some help in finding the mirror shield. Finished level 8 without finding it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users