Do you like Zelda Classic?

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 07:57 AM

Dumb question, but I haven't seen this topic yet. Do you like Zelda Classic? And if so, why do you like it or what do you like about it?

I like ZC for being the best Zelda fan game maker and to make my own games with it and I like playing other people's games. There are a lot of real good quests even, that are almost as enjoyable as official Zelda games.

• Parsnip likes this

#2 Jamian

Jamian

ZC enthusiast

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 08:27 AM

Since this is a forum dedicated to ZC, I doubt you'll get anything else than "yes" answers :P

I would also go a step further and say there are quests here that are more enjoyable than official Zelda games.

#3 Haylee

Haylee

~ Hope of Energy Nede ~

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 02 December 2013 - 09:49 AM

THERE COMES A TIME WHEN A MAN MUST TALK ABOUT ZC! ONLY THEN WILL THY LIKE A PROGRAM MORE THAN YOU'D NORMALLY THINK!

In other words, the program is simple, while being nearly limitless, so yes, I love it.

• Avaro and Parsnip like this

#4 KingPridenia

KingPridenia

King of Pridenia, Safehaven of the LGBTQ

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 11:23 AM

I like it because of all the potential there is with scripting. I mean someone remade Pong in ZQuest for crying out loud! Even if you're like me and only capable of vanilla stuff, there is still a ton you can do. Probably my favorite is the enemy editor. I love making enemies that make players think outside the box to defeat, such as a heavily armored beetle you can't damage at all until you smash its shell off with the hammer. In short, with enough time and patience, there are almost no limitations in ZQuest a quest maker can't overcome.

• Moosh likes this

#5 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 02 December 2013 - 11:33 AM

Yes because the opportunities are endless. You can literally make anything in ZC. I even made Amy Rose a main hero for once (or twice rather...) and with scripting becoming popular, more and more opportunities open up. Play Promised Lands or any other heavy-scripted quest, and you should know what I mean by endless possibilities.

#6 MoscowModder

MoscowModder

Sometimes lurking. Rarely posting.

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 11:37 AM

No. I hate ZC and it is a stupid program and anyone who uses it is a moron.

Erm.

Yeah, I love ZC. It's perfect for making a Zelda-style game and easy* to make into any other kind of 2D game. It may not be 100% intuitive, but there are just so many things in ZC that are very easy to do.

* Relatively speaking

#7 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 02 December 2013 - 11:44 AM

I love it here on Bug Mars. I've never seen a buggier Mars!

Zelda Classic is a pretty great program. I'd prefer something similar based off the ALttP engine, but...Zelda Classic is a pretty great program. Also I like flooding the screen with death and scripting makes that very easy.

• Russ likes this

#8 DCEnygma

DCEnygma

you're going to have a bad time

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 11:50 AM

I like it a lot. It gives a lot of options while having a good enough core to provide good guidance for quest building, to hopefully prevent things from being too broken. It's a really good editor, all in all.

No.

#9 Air Luigi

Air Luigi

Tio guachi

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:34 PM

Since this is a forum dedicated to ZC, I doubt you'll get anything else than "yes" answers :P

I would also go a step further and say there are quests here that are more enjoyable than official Zelda games.

This is true. Especially since the official release of ZC 2.5, the machine of dreams.

When I played Zelda: Skyward Sword, I loved the timeshift stones. But I think Nintendo don't exploit the concept of the stones totally. They are afraid of stuck the players in the game. I was dreaming about a true dungeon that exploited these ideas.

After a while, a quest named Link's quest for the Hookshot 2 was released in Purezc. My dream came true in Level 8. That dungeon was one of the most incredible moments in my life as a gamer.

It's not the only case, there are incredible talented guys in this site.

Edited by Air Luigi, 02 December 2013 - 01:36 PM.

#10 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:38 PM

Lqfth2 is still my favorite quest. :P Zelda classic is my friend.

#11 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:59 PM

Ah, Zelda Classic.  Good ol' ZC.  I remember Zelda Classic.  I remember how much I hated it!  They stole my dog, my car, and beat up my family.  I mean, yeah, I paid it to do that last one, but not the first two.  Curse you, ZC!

Oh but I guess it's a pretty decent game design program.

• Russ and Demonlink like this

#12 Orithan

Orithan

Studying Scientist - Commission from Silvixen

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:10 PM

Zelda Classic is easily one of the best game-making programs I have used out there. Even without scripting, it is a very versatile program that can do many different things to make games that bear very little resemblance to Zelda 1. The only real, minor, downsides to it (barring the whole IP issue) is that the interface can be confusing at times and doesn't include an in-depth tutorial.
(fyi. I automatically place any Zelda fangame lower than the official games, except maybe Four Swords, unless I feel they could, without the Zelda content, actually stand a chance against the Zelda series. None of them, except for possibly Zelda Classic Gauntlet which is the only quest I've played that I will rate a 5/5, have been able to do that).

#13 Alucard648

Alucard648

Wizard

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:40 PM

Yes! Scripting does magic!

#14 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 04:35 PM

I'd say it's a very nice starting program for people to get into game development.  I tackled it years ago, when I was in middle school, and we were within the 1.92 release.  It was made with the utmost care and patience, and has many nice features and can output some quality things.  Unless you're good at scripting, though, there's not TOO much that can be done that will shake the Zelda feel (naturally, ZELDA Classic), but even so, the limits can only be pushed so much.  The effort you put into trying to make your own rules and definitions in ZC would be time better spent just making your own actual engine in a more versatile program, such that you aren't bound by what ZC can't do, even with scripting.  But again, there have been quality titles made within ZC, so it is a VERY capable game development program.  Just not AS capable as the many other available programs.

#15 Parsnip

Parsnip

Parsnip

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 05:38 PM

First of all I think that what you asked is a good question, because there might be other programs like this out there. I personally have found none that have to do anything with Zelda, and the ones I found for other games aren't nearly as good as Zelda classic.

To answer your question I absolutely love Zelda classic. It is so easy to use and when you learn how to use it you can do more challenging stuff like scripting.  

• Avaro likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users