help thread

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#61 Eppy

Eppy

Alisa~

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 03:59 PM

I was told no to enter on that cave, I will be killed and my files erased etc.. etc

sure thing went and entered that cave - a helluba with all inferno!!!

killed everythign with my wooden sword, but how C'om ... was a fierce battle just starting the game

didn't got time to get proper gear ,, it will be like this all the way.?? I mean real though ??

or I'm making to much noise for nothing ?? --- did any 1, killed this beast with just a wooden sword?? :odd:

Pictures or it never happened.

#62 Exate

Exate

Deified

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 04:14 PM

Pictures or it never happened.

Considering English isn't vravelo's first language, I think he just meant he attempted to fight them with the wooden sword. Then was wondering if anyone even managed to beat the tree that early in the game.

I'm 99.9% sure it's impossible that early on; there is not enough maneuverability in that tree to avoid being hit, and you'll only accomplish so much from the doorway.

Edited by Exate, 28 June 2013 - 04:34 PM.

#63 skateboarder11

skateboarder11

Adept

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 05:11 PM

It's really strange. Where some may lag on the moon, others will lag in the alps or level 2 instead. 

Anyway, here's a build with all instances of palette cycling disabled. I figure I'll eventually link it within the quest description on the database.

http://exate.droppag.../ppizza-npc.zip

This actually makes me wonder if changing the palettes would be doable via scripting, instead of palette cycling. If it would eliminate the weird issues, it might actually be worth attempting! (They certainly wouldn't be intensive scripts, or so I'd like to imagine. Of course, I have absolutely zero knowledge of scripting, so.)

#64 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 28 June 2013 - 05:27 PM

This actually makes me wonder if changing the palettes would be doable via scripting, instead of palette cycling. If it would eliminate the weird issues, it might actually be worth attempting! (They certainly wouldn't be intensive scripts, or so I'd like to imagine. Of course, I have absolutely zero knowledge of scripting, so.)

Nope. Sadly scripts as far as I know can't write to palettes. I have to wonder how the laggy palette cycling was set up, though. Did you fill out any of the spaces besides CSet and First?

#65 vravelo

vravelo

I was killed a lot""---, try me now..!

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 05:28 PM

Considering English isn't vravelo's first language, I think he just meant he attempted to fight them with the wooden sword. Then was wondering if anyone even managed to beat the tree that early in the game.

I'm 99.9% sure it's impossible that early on; there is not enough maneuverability in that tree to avoid being hit, and you'll only accomplish so much from the doorway.

Thanks EXATE " just wanted to know if all battles will be that though along the way  ...!

#66 Theryan

Theryan

Burrito

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 07:19 PM

What do I need to do to this rock to open this secret area? I haven't gone to the moon/item dungeon yet, so if its something from there, I don't have it, but I've tried everything else on it.

Spoiler

#67 Exate

Exate

Deified

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:09 PM

Nope. Sadly scripts as far as I know can't write to palettes. I have to wonder how the laggy palette cycling was set up, though. Did you fill out any of the spaces besides CSet and First?

Yes, since I have to define the color range of the cycling. 

The lagginess comes from the cycling speed. You could use the maximum length of 231 to cycle palettes, but it takes something of about several seconds for it to kick in upon arriving; so the speed was set to 1. Ibuprofen is the same in this case for level 2/dark world. 

Other than the cycling, it comes down to the user's graphics card, I believe. My previous near-decade-old machine didn't suffer any issues from it; the GFX card in the computer was only a couple of years old (as of this date). Other than that, it had a terrible single-core CPU, and just a couple GB of ram.

What do I need to do to this rock to open this secret area? I haven't gone to the moon/item dungeon yet, so if its something from there, I don't have it, but I've tried everything else on it.

Spoiler

It's something from the item dungeon, yes.

#68 skateboarder11

skateboarder11

Adept

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:08 PM

Scripts can't modify palettes? That's unfortunate news. (And, admittedly, I'd probably have actually bothered looking into doing it if they could. Oh well.)

Yes, since I have to define the color range of the cycling. 

The lagginess comes from the cycling speed. You could use the maximum length of 231 to cycle palettes, but it takes something of about several seconds for it to kick in upon arriving; so the speed was set to 1. Ibuprofen is the same in this case for level 2/dark world. 

Other than the cycling, it comes down to the user's graphics card, I believe. My previous near-decade-old machine didn't suffer any issues from it; the GFX card in the computer was only a couple of years old (as of this date). Other than that, it had a terrible single-core CPU, and just a couple GB of ram.

I'm running on a GPU from 2009, a Core 2 Duo, 3.25GB of RAM, and for some reason I still have this issue sometimes. (Seems to be with Firefox running period, for some weird reason.) However, this is on x86 Windows 7: I have not tried the Linux build of ZC on this machine yet.

I guess you could close Firefox to alleviate the issue. (I've personally just gotten used to it.) The really asinine thing about this is that on 1.92 b184... I don't suffer this issue at all. I have no idea. (Yes, 1.92 runs on Windows Vista and 7. I have NO IDEA why 90% of people say it doesn't work, I've never had an issue. Perhaps it's an x64 thing.)

Alternately, the palette cycle could be set to a slower speed: 2 or 3 may perhaps be workable? I'm not sure.

#69 Exate

Exate

Deified

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 10:12 PM

Alternately, the palette cycle could be set to a slower speed: 2 or 3 may perhaps be workable? I'm not sure.

Not quite. A friend I have that has issues with the cycling got a copy where the speed was at 10, and there was no real discernable difference for him.

And on topic of 1.92, yes, it doesn't seem to have latency issues in that version. *shrug*

#70 Valientlink

Valientlink

~V@LîΣÑTLîÑK~

• Members

Posted 29 June 2013 - 11:25 AM

Didn't think 1.92 actually worked on Win7, but I just tried it and it works perfectly. Full screen has some issues, but it works.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: help thread

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users