• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 29 January 2018 - 07:31 AM

On the 17th of December last year, I announced a dungeon contest using an alpha build of the Vintage Dreams tileset. As a result, we have six unique entries available for you to play. To provide some context in case you do not know about this contest, with the Vintage Dreams tileset, you were to build a single dungeon in two weeks only using resources within the current build of the tileset. It turned out to be an interesting challenge and a lot of people got really creative with their entries. The following entries are:
  • Dimentio's Take the Task
  • ElVis002's Clawed Dungeon
  • Moosh's Penn's Labyrinth
  • Orithan's Key Cathedral
  • Shoshon the Elegant's Court of Veils
Some of these entries developments were seen in project pages and on Discord servers but now, you can finally play them! Direct download link is here! Also should be worth noting that these files would be most ideal if you were to play them in your ZC folder as they use enhanced music.

That should be all. Please contact me (or Lunaria on Discord) should the link be broken. To further discuss these entries, it would be ideal to join the Discord server half dedicated for this tileset but discussion here isn't discouraged at all. Thank you for your time and I hope you enjoy these wonderful entries!

- Shane
  • Anthus, Eddy, Avaro and 3 others like this

#2 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 29 January 2018 - 10:34 AM

For reference on mine, anyone who plays it should know it's a little unpolished. Perfectly playable, but unpolished.

Some issues include:

1. A few combos I made walkable in the last couple days made it possible to skip triggering a couple trigger points. I didn't consider checking most of these as I didn't think to try going around them in testing.

2. Most of my enemies have weaknesses, and they are hinted. But a couple hints are misleading due to the fact that the enemies who are supposed to be weak to the hookshot and boomerang are just stunned by them cause I didn't check the isn't damaged by power 0 weapons option. And yes, every enemy can be killed. Even ghosts.

3. No other major issues that I can think of other places where I need to add more polish. There may be areas you think you are stuck, but you probably aren't. If you feel you are, feel free to ask me about it.
  • Anthus and Shane like this

#3 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 29 January 2018 - 01:56 PM

Sucks I couldn't get my entry done in time due to other things happening (and laziness, but that's already evident enough with AR3 :P)

I'll be sure to give these a try at some point, but yeah good luck to those who finished!

• Shane likes this

#4 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 29 January 2018 - 02:08 PM

Heres some of my thoughts on the dungeons:

Spoiler

• Shane likes this

#5 Evan20000

Evan20000

P͏҉ę͟w͜� ̢͝!

• Members

Posted 29 January 2018 - 05:58 PM

Moosh's entry is a work of art tbh.

• Shane and Rainst0rm4759 like this

#6 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 29 January 2018 - 10:25 PM

Important: there's a bug with Hero Mode in mine. 

For those who try out Hero Mode (or GoToHell/FuckYou/Octorock mode if you find it) in mine: there's one room near the end of the dungeon that has 3 flame shooters, 3 stalfos, an antifairy, and a winder. Due to me not checking a flag on them, the flame shooters prevent the secret there from triggering after you kill the stalfos. Once you kill the stalfos, you need to turn on level 4 cheat and do "kill all enemies", then after triggering the secret, unlocking the block, and watching the the cutscene, save. The level 4 cheat can be found here: https://pastebin.com/EJ9YikCs

I really hope people don't use the cheat to try and skip segments of my dungeon, especially if they chose Hero or FuckYou mode
I'm really only providing it cause it's impossible to unlock the boss in Hero Mode because of that one glitch

Especially if they skip the boss, cause I think the boss is a decent challenge (except in GoToHell mode in which case yeaaaaah have fun)

and a miniboss worthy of being the actual boss.

The actual boss would have been more puzzle focused and longer, as you'd have a lot more items at that point.

• Shane likes this

#7 Sans

Sans

Hey kid wanna buy hot dogs ?

• Members

Posted 30 January 2018 - 01:37 PM

what i should do now ? i'm stuck trying to beat this dungeon. I don't know what to do now i did explore everywhere but waters and ices things blocks my paths.

H9Aehy4.png

Here's something that supposed appears here ?

H20YzoX.png

I don't know what to do with that thing 

Edited by Sans, 30 January 2018 - 01:38 PM.

• Shane likes this

#8 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators

Posted 30 January 2018 - 02:14 PM

what i should do now ? i'm stuck trying to beat this dungeon. I don't know what to do now i did explore everywhere but waters and ices things blocks my paths.

H9Aehy4.png

Here's something that supposed appears here ?

H20YzoX.png

I don't know what to do with that thing 

That thing is a key block. You need a key.

Spoiler

• Shane, Architect Abdiel and Zaxarone like this

#9 Sans

Sans

Hey kid wanna buy hot dogs ?

• Members

Posted 30 January 2018 - 02:21 PM

alright i'll double check it.

• Shane likes this

#10 Zaxarone

Zaxarone

Gigi & Merri Superstar Saga

• Members

Posted 31 January 2018 - 01:19 AM

Sans, you are a true work of art

• Deedee and Matthew like this

#11 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators

Posted 31 January 2018 - 04:22 AM

This contest is a work of art.
We cannot grasp the true form of it's glory.

Edited by Dimentio, 31 January 2018 - 04:22 AM.

• Matthew likes this

#12 Arkia

Arkia

• Members

Posted 31 January 2018 - 11:19 PM

Well I had a magical game breaking adventure. In Moosh's entry there is a room with colored torches. If you stand under the green torch and pull on it with the bracelet not only will Link become invisible until you F6, the bracelet item will break completely and be unusable in that save from then on.

Hopefully things like this are fixed before the tileset is actually released.

Edited by Arkia, 07 February 2018 - 08:28 PM.

• Deedee, Zaxarone and Rainst0rm4759 like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users