Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 01 October 2019 - 09:27 PM

We would like to formally announce:

The Official YuuRace
Hosted by The Wisps
WispConvo.png

This event will feature several racers competing to complete a custom seed first and win a slot for their OC in Yuurand! The Wisps will be providing live commentary throughout.

When is it happening?
- Sunday, October 12th, at 4 PM Eastern Daylight Time.

What are the rules for the racers?
- The game will be played on Normal difficulty.
- The run will be on a custom Fragmented Labyrinth seed created by me and Aevin.
- The quest file with the custom seed, as well as accompanying music tracks for in-race events, will be distributed shortly before the start of the race. Please do not listen to the music tracks in advance.
- Any starting primary can be chosen.
- Challenge areas will be set to "All Areas".
- Real time, not in-game time, is counted.
- Time is measured from loading of the first labyrinth screen to the display of the title screen in the credits.
- We recommend you allow 3 hours for the live race, but we will likely stick around as hosts until the last player is finished.
- A run is complete once all six main bosses and the master at the center of the labyrinth (Venter Mortis/Heart of the Storm/Elysium) is defeated.
- Challenge areas are optional. Feel free to go for them for the chance at a really good reward, but be careful with the time.
- F6-ing is allowed, but uncapping is prohibited.
- It's highly encouraged to finish your run even if a winner is apparent. It's all in good fun, and it'll be fun for spectators to see your completed runs.
- For those who can't make the race live, video playthroughs must be submitted within 24 hours of the live event. (Let us know ahead of time, please.)
- Ava, Xaya, and the evasion challenge reward character are off limits.
- It is recommended that you have the commentary stream open to the side, bandwith allowing, as you can track the progress of other racers and see any hints that may be dropped.

What are the stipulations for the original character chosen by the winner?
- It must be an original character. No copyrighted characters.
- We are happy to provide a set of sprites based on a reference, but if you have existing sprites, we're happy to use those too.
- The character should follow the basic pattern of existing characters, with a signature spell, optional passive ability, and upgrades at 30, 50, and 80 coins.
- We are willing to work with the winner to accommodate requests for complex abilities, but we reserve the right to decline abilities that would require extensive rewriting of existing systems to accommodate.
- We will work to balance the character to be somewhat in line with the existing roster.
- The character may get a boss fight, but this is no guarantee.
- If you win the race but do not wish to add your own character, you may pass that right on to someone else.

Information for those who simply wish to watch:
- We will set up a multi stream to allow you to watch all streams simultaneously, with the commentary stream in the center. The commentary stream's chat will also serve as the main chat window for the race
- The commentary window will keep track of major progression for all racers and time elapsed, and will introduce new areas as they are discovered.
- The race seed will be patched into Yuurand as a selectable option from the main menu following the race.

Currently confirmed racers:
- Avaro, Orithan, Dimentio, RedTribeLink, LordKronos (Video entry)

Have expressed interest but have not confirmed:
- Evan, Moosh

We will be setting up a Discord server for discussion of the event and to host the race voice chat shortly.
  • Twilight Knight, Shane, Eddy and 4 others like this

#2 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

Tell all with glee, Argon's on PureZC

• Members

Posted 02 October 2019 - 03:29 AM

Seeing this starts at 10PM in my timezone and I hit the bed early nowadays, I probably cannot watch it.
Will there be a recap on Youtube or any other means to watch it retrospectively?

#3 Lordkronos

Lordkronos

Hero of Dark World

• Members

Posted 02 October 2019 - 06:41 AM

How Will The Life Commentary Work when I Made a Video About it Or is it Stream Exclusiv My Options are Walktrough Only without Comentary i Hope this is not a Problem Here :D

#4 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 02 October 2019 - 07:09 AM

Will there be a recap on Youtube or any other means to watch it retrospectively?

So long as everybody saves a recording of their run on Twitch or Youtube, it should be possible to cue them all up. We'll be saving the recording of the commentary stream at least.

How Will The Life Commentary Work when I Made a Video About it Or is it Stream Exclusiv My Options are Walktrough Only without Comentary i Hope this is not a Problem Here :D

With a video, you can include voice commentary if you want, but you're under no obligation to. Obviously, the live Wisp commentary would be able to comment on the video though.
  • Twilight Knight and Lordkronos like this

#5 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 02 October 2019 - 07:38 AM

Wait a minute, three wisps as commentators?... and you and Aevin are two...

#6 Lordkronos

Lordkronos

Hero of Dark World

• Members

Posted 02 October 2019 - 07:57 AM

So long as everybody saves a recording of their run on Twitch or Youtube, it should be possible to cue them all up. We'll be saving the recording of the commentary stream at least.

With a video, you can include voice commentary if you want, but you're under no obligation to. Obviously, the live Wisp commentary would be able to comment on the video though.

Thats Nice to Hear :D

#7 Orithan

Orithan

Studying Scientist - Commission from Silvixen

• Members

Posted 06 October 2019 - 05:59 AM

The practicing has begun
  • Aevin likes this

#8 Lordkronos

Lordkronos

Hero of Dark World

• Members

Posted 10 October 2019 - 09:59 AM

We would like to formally announce:

The Official YuuRace
Hosted by The Wisps
WispConvo.png

This event will feature several racers competing to complete a custom seed first and win a slot for their OC in Yuurand! The Wisps will be providing live commentary throughout.

When is it happening?
- Sunday, October 12th, at 4 PM Eastern Daylight Time.

What are the rules for the racers?
- The game will be played on Normal difficulty.
- The run will be on a custom Fragmented Labyrinth seed created by me and Aevin.
- The quest file with the custom seed, as well as accompanying music tracks for in-race events, will be distributed shortly before the start of the race. Please do not listen to the music tracks in advance.
- Any starting primary can be chosen.
- Challenge areas will be set to "All Areas".
- Real time, not in-game time, is counted.
- Time is measured from loading of the first labyrinth screen to the display of the title screen in the credits.
- We recommend you allow 3 hours for the live race, but we will likely stick around as hosts until the last player is finished.
- A run is complete once all six main bosses and the master at the center of the labyrinth (Venter Mortis/Heart of the Storm/Elysium) is defeated.
- Challenge areas are optional. Feel free to go for them for the chance at a really good reward, but be careful with the time.
- F6-ing is allowed, but uncapping is prohibited.
- It's highly encouraged to finish your run even if a winner is apparent. It's all in good fun, and it'll be fun for spectators to see your completed runs.
- For those who can't make the race live, video playthroughs must be submitted within 24 hours of the live event. (Let us know ahead of time, please.)
- Ava, Xaya, and the evasion challenge reward character are off limits.
- It is recommended that you have the commentary stream open to the side, bandwith allowing, as you can track the progress of other racers and see any hints that may be dropped.

What are the stipulations for the original character chosen by the winner?
- It must be an original character. No copyrighted characters.
- We are happy to provide a set of sprites based on a reference, but if you have existing sprites, we're happy to use those too.
- The character should follow the basic pattern of existing characters, with a signature spell, optional passive ability, and upgrades at 30, 50, and 80 coins.
- We are willing to work with the winner to accommodate requests for complex abilities, but we reserve the right to decline abilities that would require extensive rewriting of existing systems to accommodate.
- We will work to balance the character to be somewhat in line with the existing roster.
- The character may get a boss fight, but this is no guarantee.
- If you win the race but do not wish to add your own character, you may pass that right on to someone else.

Information for those who simply wish to watch:
- We will set up a multi stream to allow you to watch all streams simultaneously, with the commentary stream in the center. The commentary stream's chat will also serve as the main chat window for the race
- The commentary window will keep track of major progression for all racers and time elapsed, and will introduce new areas as they are discovered.
- The race seed will be patched into Yuurand as a selectable option from the main menu following the race.

Currently confirmed racers:
- Avaro, Orithan, Dimentio, RedTribeLink, LordKronos (Video entry)

Have expressed interest but have not confirmed:
- Evan, Moosh

We will be setting up a Discord server for discussion of the event and to host the race voice chat shortly.

Some Question Obaout The Time Its Says Sunday the 12th October but Isnt it the 13th October so may Question is it Then on Saturday or Sunday or is it Becouse of the Timeshift :D

#9 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 10 October 2019 - 04:30 PM

Saturday, pretty sure.

• Russ and Lordkronos like this

#10 Lordkronos

Lordkronos

Hero of Dark World

• Members

Posted 10 October 2019 - 06:10 PM

Saturday, pretty sure.

Oh Ok So Its Not 100% Sure I hope we become more Infos About :D

#11 Aevin

Aevin

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 12 October 2019 - 12:53 AM

The big day is coming up! The race is tomorrow (October 12th) at 4 PM Eastern time! We'll have a multi stream link we'll share when it's time to start. We'd love it if you could stop by, cheer on your pick of the competitors, and have a good time.

For racers, we'll probably set up a temporary Discord channel a few hours beforehand tomorrow, to coordinate stuff like downloading, starting in-sync, and other logistical things. We'll post here again with more details tomorrow. (We'll get in touch with you about your video entry, Lordkronos). Good luck to each of you.

#12 Lordkronos

Lordkronos

Hero of Dark World

• Members

Posted 12 October 2019 - 06:38 AM

The big day is coming up! The race is tomorrow (October 12th) at 4 PM Eastern time! We'll have a multi stream link we'll share when it's time to start. We'd love it if you could stop by, cheer on your pick of the competitors, and have a good time.

For racers, we'll probably set up a temporary Discord channel a few hours beforehand tomorrow, to coordinate stuff like downloading, starting in-sync, and other logistical things. We'll post here again with more details tomorrow. (We'll get in touch with you about your video entry, Lordkronos). Good luck to each of you.

Oh Ok then it Sunday the 13th for me i Think :D

#13 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 12 October 2019 - 03:01 PM

We're just about ready to go here! You can watch the race and commentary with the following link:

https://multistre.am...oaish/layout15/

The main chat for race commentary will be Aevin's, so be sure the chat box in the middle center is set to aevinabstract (it defaults to Dimentio's stream). Of course, you're welcome to comment on individual racers chats as well.

#14 Aevin

Aevin

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 13 October 2019 - 02:24 PM

With the live race running yesterday, we now have the results!

Congratulations to Dimentio on his 1st place victory! We'll be working with him to add his character to the quest, so I hope you'll all look forward to trying him out.

Second place goes to RedTribeLink, while Orithan came in 3rd!

Special thanks to Avaro, Lordkronos, and ywkls.

You can find the recording of the race here:

Official YuuRace Part 1

Official YuuRace Part 2

And here's Lordkronos's video entry.

You can also watch the racers' individual videos on their channels.

Thanks so much to the racers, and to everyone who showed up to spectate. This was a ton of fun, and we're looking forward to potentially running more events in the future.

• Russ, Shane, Eddy and 5 others like this

#15 Lordkronos

Lordkronos

Hero of Dark World

• Members

Posted 14 October 2019 - 03:04 AM

It was a Nice Race i had a Feeling i wouldnt win but its not matter after all i had my fun and i was not realy playing of Speed so i think it was ok im Still wondering if There are some new Locations added i Feel like that Bone land and Mother ship could be Entilerly new :D as for The Winner i Which a big Congratulations :D and as for my Charakter Idea i Spare it fo another Time if gives thic Choice again :D i Hope defenitely that it gives more Tournaments in Future :D

• Russ and Aevin like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users