8 replies to this topic

#1 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 09 June 2020 - 10:02 PM

Link to quest:  > Here <
Date of aforementioned file's most recent progress:  July 12th 2020
Version of ZC this was saved in:  2.5.3 Release 2 Build 33.
State of quest:  Still a demo.  Always a demo.  C-Dawg will not be finishing this any time soon and no further content will be added.  This is an as-is quest file!

So, I've imported C-Dawg's Sabotage Dragoon into Zelda Classic 2.5.3 Release 2 Build 33.  I've been updating it and changing / fixing things as I'm playing.  I probably won't be doing too much in it in terms of additional content.  Here's a few things I've done:
Spoiler

Some screenshots for the heck of it:
Spoiler

Ongoing change log:
Spoiler

• Magi_Hero, Anthus and SkyLizardGirl like this

#2 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 09 June 2020 - 10:48 PM

I'm playing through this again, and what a blast from the past. Thanks for updating this to 2.53, seriously. One thing though, on this screen, these gels fall outside of where I can reach them since I only have the sword. I'd suggest putting some no enemy flags outside the blocks cause otherwise, you have to reset, since they never go on the bottom row of tiles, which is the only spot I'd be able to hit them.

Spoiler

• ShadowTiger likes this

#3 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 10 June 2020 - 04:15 AM

(Reserved for additional change log space.)

---------------------

That'll be done in the next release.  Just in case, the cheats have been turned on and are just 1 through 4 as usual.  I'm sure there will be a lot of glitches to  tidy up.  Thanks for the report! 

• Anthus likes this

#4 Magi_Hero

Magi_Hero

gubgub

• Members

Posted 10 June 2020 - 03:06 PM

Curious, did you have any glaring issues when porting this to 2.53?

#5 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 10 June 2020 - 03:27 PM

I really don't think I did.  I just opened the file directly from my Dropbox just to see if it would open, and bam, it sure did.  I saved it right then and there into my 2.5.3 folder then played it.  Worked great.

#6 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 12 July 2020 - 06:13 AM

A new version has been released.  The changelog has been updated as well.  I spent all day yesterday and today going through it fixing bugs and making things more possible.  You can now explore what exists of the Grove of Wisps (Not that much, but definitely some stuff!)  and you can get the L1 Arrows from the Inverted Tower in the Dusted Forest just fine, though it's a bit difficult.

For anyone that wants to explore, the cheats are just  1, 2, 3, and 4, as usual.  Probably.

As always, the download link is at the top of this thread, nice and obvious.

#7 SofaKing

SofaKing

Defender

• Members

Posted 12 July 2020 - 06:54 PM

Started this today Shadow.  As with DoY I'll keep you posted on anything I come across that seems noteworthy.  About how many hours of play would you estimate this demo has?  How do I know when I'm "done?"

#8 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 13 July 2020 - 04:54 AM

There isn't really an estimate on a "when" of anything, to be honest.  There are a great many things that are really hidden.  I've done my best to turn most pushable blocks into blocks that have little rounded internal corners so they're at least visible in some way rather than have it be a guessing game, and I've made bombable walls a little more visible.  Look for cracks on normal walls, etc.

Basically, if something isn't done, look for a dancing caricature of C-Dawg, the quest author.  The more of those there are in an area, the less finished an area is.  I've modified those representations plentifully. 

Good luck!  Let me know if you need anything. ^_^ 

#9 SkyLizardGirl

SkyLizardGirl

Unbeknownst to danger we call upon your help

• Banned

Posted 26 August 2021 - 05:56 PM

OMG this game looks amazing.*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users