Photo

[poll] Four Swords Adventure

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13 replies to this topic

Poll: [poll] Four Swords Adventure (17 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you recommend FSA to me

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Yapollo

Yapollo

To Discover

• Members

Posted 07 July 2010 - 09:30 PM

Well I have seen it available in a Gamestop near me for years, but since my friends either:

a) Do not have a Gamecube
b) Do not have connection equipment for either Gamecube or Gameboy (and neither do I)

Multiplayer is out of the option for me.

My question is thus: Can anyone Zelda fans out there give a good case for a good single player jaunt against Vaati (i.e. should I pay $20 for the game)?

Attempted edit: I just realized I put in question mark randomly in the poll...oh well you know what I meant...I hope.

Edit 2: Grammer mistake, wow 0 for 2 I am not typing well tonight.

Oh yes and thank you everyone so far, I'll check back tomorrow too...

Edited by Yapollo, 07 July 2010 - 09:58 PM.

#2 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 07 July 2010 - 09:38 PM

Go for it. It may be a little different from your typical Zelda, but it's still a fun game, and learning how to use the different formations can be fun. So yeah, pick it up and try it out.

#3 Mariolink263

Mariolink263

Senior

• Members

Posted 07 July 2010 - 09:38 PM

I would get it. I've played it several times alone and like it. You control all four Links (Together or independently) and have two more formations (Box and Cross).
Also, multiple characters doesn't make it too easy. In some places, you fight hordes of 25+ enemies.

Edited by Mariolink263, 07 July 2010 - 09:39 PM.

#4 trucky5

trucky5

"WHAT KIND ARE THEY?" THEY'RE GUATIBALIAN!

• Members

Posted 07 July 2010 - 09:41 PM

I thought it was a great game, even if you're playing it by yourself. Buy it, you'll have fun. icon_smile.gif

#5 Moo2wo

Moo2wo

Yes, you're seeing this.

• Members

Posted 07 July 2010 - 09:50 PM

It's a great game, all the way through. The enemies are fun to fight, and the puzzles are challenging. Sure, some of the mechanics are different (only being able to have one item in your inventory at a time, mainly) from the other Zelda games, but it's still just as enjoyable as any of the other games in the series.

#6 Jenny

Jenny

Hero of Time

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 07 July 2010 - 10:33 PM

yeah that game rocks

#7 Xenix

Xenix

Well excuse me princess.

• Members

Posted 08 July 2010 - 02:07 AM

three words: GO FOR IT!!! plus 2: AWESOME GAME!!!

Edited by OOTFan, 08 July 2010 - 02:08 AM.

#8 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 08 July 2010 - 03:22 AM

I may be in a minority here, but if you're only going to play it one-player, I say don't get it.

The main annoyance of the game for one-player is the saving system. The game is very linear; you always do the areas one after another. You have to get to the next checkpoint before you can save at all, and that can become time-consuming. When you play alone, you're much more likely to take breaks, and in the meantime you can't save or leave the area without starting the area over again.

Also, switching between four identical characters with just one player starts to feel awkward and unnecessary. Additionally, even though you control all four Links, ALL FOUR will always carry the same item. It's a really artificial limitation that doesn't make sense.

I finally acquired the equipment necessary to play two-player. I'm a little unsure of whether it was worth it, though, even if the FSA game itself was cheap. I ended up spending another $38 total on two GBAs and an additional GBA/GC adapter cable. You can play with just a GC controller, but if you don't have those extra things, you're only experiencing a fraction of the gameplay.

#9 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 08 July 2010 - 03:43 AM

Go for it. Not as fun as it is during multiplayer, but it's still pretty good. It's like a melting pot of the best elements of all the other Zelda games before it. Get it.

#10 Fabbrizio

Fabbrizio

Legend

• Members

Posted 08 July 2010 - 08:04 AM

Not to mention it makes the timeline totally fall together,
Spoiler

Also, IGNORE WHAT PEOPLE SAY! It's still an excellent game even if you can only play it single player. That's how I played it, and I had a blast.

Edited by PowerGauntlets, 08 July 2010 - 08:05 AM.

#11 Adem

Adem

-

• Members

Posted 08 July 2010 - 09:42 AM

I'd say do it. it's fairly enjoyable. It's more enjoyable with the multiplayer, but it's not a bad game without it.

Edited by Rem, 08 July 2010 - 02:57 PM.

#12 Sir Evan

Sir Evan

Adept

• Members

Posted 08 July 2010 - 02:08 PM

It was the first game I played in the Zelda series, and it got me hooked, so I kinda have a special place for it. But anyways, it is great game although very different. With four people, it can be awesome, especially if your friends like to annoy each other like mine do. With two people, it becomes a bit less competitive and a more cooperative. Single player is pretty good, but make sure you use a GBA as the controller, or else you'll have to stare at the on-screen GBA screen whenever you go in a cave. Not a big deal, but i never like it.

Also, some of the stages are the best ares I've ever been to in a Zelda game. So get it. Now.

#13 Fabbrizio

Fabbrizio

Legend

• Members

Posted 08 July 2010 - 02:47 PM

QUOTE(Sir Evan @ Jul 8 2010, 02:08 PM) View Post

but make sure you use a GBA as the controller, or else you'll have to stare at the on-screen GBA screen whenever you go in a cave.

Not true, it defaults to your TV screen (a box opens up in front of the overworld screen), you have to hit Z to toggle it to your GBA.

#14 Yapollo

Yapollo

To Discover

• Members

Posted 08 July 2010 - 09:33 PM

Thank you for all your feedback, I will weigh everyone's opinons equally. I will make a finally decision later, but for now your information has been most influential in my decision.

However, I would like to politely ask the moderators to please lock this thread now that I have an idea of where the game stands in most people's eyes (And thank you ahead of time). If someone still wishes to argue a case for or against me buying FSA, then please PM me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users