Development_Tips

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Nightmare

Nightmare

Original ZC Tester

• Members

Posted 28 May 2023 - 08:46 AM

Been debating this for a while, but I think I have come up with a general skillset that maybe we can talk about that could help players and questmakers fit their quest to the right audience.  Mind you this is not steadfast and can change:

(basing this on classic level play:  Again, subject to interpretation)

Rookie:  Someone that hasn't touched ZC or Zelda 1 before.  They probably are a first-timer or play other Zelda Games.

1st-Quest Level:  Someone who has beaten some or all levels of the First Quest.  They may know the game somewhat, but unable to adjust to harder/different situations.

2nd-Quest Level:  Someone who has beaten the First Quest and advanced to the 2nd Quest.  They are probably stuck in the 2nd Quest for some odd reason, maybe they beat it without trying a Zelda Classic quest.

Intermediate:  Playeers of this level have experience and have beaten the 2nd Quest or something of that level or higher.  they know a lot of the tricks of the game and can adjust.  A lot of these players can handle moderately difficult quests, like New Quest, Hidden Duality:  Director's Cut, among others.

Experts/Heroes:  Some of the best players in Zelda Classic.  They know most of the tricks, can adjust well, figure out secrets a lot of the time without a map and sometimes without a clue.  They will probably be able to take down quests such as James Quest Remastered, the 3rd Quest, the 5th Quest, Moosh's 7th Quest on upper difficulties, and other with maybe a little, but not much, difficulty.

Professionals:  Arguably the best of the best.  These players are known to beat the craziest of quests and possibly 0-game them.  They even might be able to straight shot the most difficult quests if short enough or in the mood, and a lot of times without cheating.  They can beat Kaizo Modes of quests as well sometimes.  Examples might include, but not limited to Gleeok, Nightmare, and James24 (if he ever shows video presentation).  They are pretty much known and if it were allowed, could probably make money in competitions playing this game.  Geneerally, as a personal tip, do not base making a quest around these type of players:  They will break it anyway! (I made that mistake once!)

Try to keep these in mind when developing your quest, and hopefully a little more expansive than the Type A/Type B talk.  You want your audience as wide as possible.  You aren't going to please anybody.

• Alucard648 and Riflezen like this

#2 Matthew Bluefox

Matthew Bluefox

Meow

• Members

Posted 04 June 2023 - 11:59 PM

That's a luvly idea, purrhaps when people upload a quest, they could add a tag like that to indicate how hard their quest is. I've 0-deaf'd Lust Isle, butt it took me three attempts. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users