Tutorial Discussion

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#61 shucke

shucke

Junior

• Members

Posted 18 December 2009 - 09:45 AM

ia there a tutorial about the enemie editor for zelda classic 2.5?

#62 Rocksfan13

Rocksfan13

Looks best in Blue

• Members

Posted 18 December 2009 - 10:57 AM

Not to my knowledge.
I assume you require one.

#63 shucke

shucke

Junior

• Members

Posted 18 December 2009 - 11:09 AM

i sure do icon_razz.gif

#64 Theryan

Theryan

Burrito

• Members

Posted 20 December 2009 - 05:23 PM

The wiki page should tell you what you need to know.

#65 Bishop

Bishop

• Members

Posted 12 June 2010 - 07:40 PM

Hey everyone...I'm not sure if anyone still keeps up with/reads this thread anymore, but I was wondering if anyone knew of a tutorial explaning the process of creating a free form dungeon? I'm not seeking advice on the necessity of planning out your dungeon or something like that, but more so the actual technical process, i.e. Dmap type, special rules that may be needed, etc. I have some knowledge of ZQuest and a little experience but, at the risk of exposing my level of "noob-ness", obviously not enough. Any help you could offer would be appreciated. Thanks!

#66 cosmofield

cosmofield

Magical Girl

• Members

Posted 14 June 2010 - 07:30 PM

QUOTE(Bishop @ Jun 13 2010, 02:40 AM) View Post

i.e. Dmap type, special rules that may be needed, etc.

Experts are using interior-dmap with tons of tiered secrets but I (a lazy non-expert) usually set the dmap to "NES Dungeon" instead, it would be easier to start with I think. icon_razz.gif

To get locked doors (normal and boss) to work, you need to set each combo as "lock block" or "boss lock block" and the combo directly after it in the list should always be an opened door. Shutters are open doors that "cycle" to their respective shutter-tile when Link enters the screen (note that NES typed dungeons activates combo cycling when Link already has taking one step into the room, interior DMap doesn't), then you need to use secret flags to get the shutter(s) opened again. Hope that it can be of little help icon_biggrin.gif

in post #28 here there's some other useful info

Edited by cosmofield, 14 June 2010 - 07:33 PM.

#67 Bishop

Bishop

• Members

Posted 14 June 2010 - 10:06 PM

icon_ahha.gif Thanks a lot cosmofield; I think that will be a great help! icon_biggrin.gif

#68 tox_von

tox_von

Zelda Addict

• Members

Posted 28 October 2011 - 01:30 AM

Are there any tutorials for 2.5 on how to set up menus? I tried setting bombs up getting the sack to carry them then getting bombs which came up on the screen but you couldnt use them. I would like a tutorial on how to do this and also for arrows. Or an example file with it already done.

#69 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• Members

Posted 04 January 2012 - 10:23 AM

It occurs to me that there's an important bit of information missing from Plissken's script setup tutorial. Namely, that changing a quest's scripts and then loading an existing save can cause serious problems. Any chance of editing that in?

#70 Rocksfan13

Rocksfan13

Looks best in Blue

• Members

Posted 04 January 2012 - 12:43 PM

Can you send us the part that needs fixed?
We can then add it in.

#71 Mr.ReDead

Mr.ReDead

Mr.ReDead

• Members

Posted 31 January 2012 - 03:17 PM

Uh, I might be stupid here, but is there a tutorial on how to flip Link's right-facing animation tiles for the BS tileset in Beta 2.5?? Or do I just have to draw the left facing tiles? Im just asking because the older tilesets dont have any left facing Link tiles/animations...

#72 Rocksfan13

Rocksfan13

Looks best in Blue

• Members

Posted 31 January 2012 - 03:51 PM

To flip tiles, all you need to do is hit U, D, R, or L depending on the direction you want it to face.

#73 Mr.ReDead

Mr.ReDead

Mr.ReDead

• Members

Posted 31 January 2012 - 04:45 PM

Ah! So that's what you need to do! Thanks Link!

#74 Alister

Alister

• Members

Posted 19 February 2012 - 01:46 PM

Can I get some help with setting up item rooms in 2.5? I'm following Bikdip's Youtube tutorials (yeah, they're outdated, but I thought the fundamentals would be the same.) but instead of everything appearing on screen 80, it appears on the screen where the warp to the cave should be.

#75 LikeLike on fire

LikeLike on fire

vaugly coherent

• Members

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:09 AM

making my own graphics. how many would I need total, if I do not go over board.

the set up so everything fits right.
the formatting. how to I make sure the formatting fits?(with size and layout of a sprite sheet and so on)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users