Photo

Type B Quest Contest Entries

Z-Zone Contest Type B

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

Poll: Type B Quest Polls

Most Type B experience

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Most investment potential ($$$!)

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Most fit for creator's taste

Best overall quest (personal taste)

Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 Haylee

Haylee

~ The Ragin' Cajun ~

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 20 August 2021 - 08:50 AM

Lets see the quest entries - Moosh is very good almost Liberation like.  I like it.  Joel, definitely a type B quest but I think the quality in some parts is lacking.  I suppose that the best you can do in 10 hours.  Anonymous - the early part is hard to figure out.  Spikes of Doom - short but sweet and definitely type B.

I feel ignored.

• Shane and coolgamer012345 like this

#17 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 20 August 2021 - 09:09 AM

I feel ignored.

James must be seething he didn't think of funnyrobes first.

#18 Rambly

Rambly

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 20 August 2021 - 03:27 PM

You know what I think?  I think that most quest makers at some point feel the pinch of the purse.  Its human nature to trade your work with other humans - that's how our species survived in its infancy.  Now, you take away that trade and work just doesn't seem right to a human anymore.  I certainly know several projects that have collapsed because their creators weren't being paid.  Some of them really hurt the ZC community.  If only they had a rich master to take care of their day-to-day expenses whilst working on their project, ZC might be a different place now.  Am I a rich master?  I think that's what this contest is trying to find out.  If he is then at least you'll catch his attention.  If not, then this was all a joke designed to make fun of him.

Lets see the quest entries - Moosh is very good almost Liberation like.  I like it.  Joel, definitely a type B quest but I think the quality in some parts is lacking.  I suppose that the best you can do in 10 hours.  Anonymous - the early part is hard to figure out.  Spikes of Doom - short but sweet and definitely type B.

But lets be serious here - these demos aren't any match for a type B masterpiece that's on the database right now.  And if I was a rich master I'd be asking those who already have existing type B masterpiece and I wouldn't be looking at these.

J4iEi79.png

Edited by Rambly, 20 August 2021 - 03:27 PM.

#19 Valerie

Valerie

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 20 August 2021 - 07:14 PM

Oh money talks doesn't it? Money makes the world go round and round and round and round and round and round and round. The dog's brain does not understand the business language but it does understand money and oh boy does it chase money. It mere mention of it drives the dog wild and crazy and it barks endlessly with joy.

Did you escape from Arkham? Does Batman know about you?
  • Anthus and Bagu like this

#20 DarkFlameSheep

DarkFlameSheep

Polm The Fathomless (Slime)

• Members

Posted 20 August 2021 - 07:36 PM

I want to touch Remnants of the Dark King, however I don't have 2.55. Also, I tried to go AGN to download 2.55, but it seems to be down now.

Edited by DarkFlameSheep, 20 August 2021 - 07:40 PM.

#21 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 20 August 2021 - 07:58 PM

Finally got through trying the other entries. Here's my thoughts:

Saint James Place: I had fun with this one from what I played, though it feels at times like a regular quest that occasionally throws out something ridiculous for laughs. When it does it right it's a laugh riot but when it gets it wrong you get Uganda. I'd love to see the difficulty curve tightened up some and the quest given actual playtesting to ensure it's beatable from start to finish. There's potential here. Ultimately I didn't finish due to the nonsense though.

B Type: The underlying theme of this one is tedium and hoo boy does it accomplish its mission statement. Despite this there are still the occasional fun moments, I had a good time in the candle dungeon in particular despite how much I may have complained about the shooter setups while playing it. Ultimately though lack of testing combined with the very tedious nature lead me to lose interest. We did it reddit!

Remnants of the Dark King: This entry was by far my favorite. It might not be as difficult as the other two, but it put a hell of a lot of effort and creativity where it counted, managing to be both challenging and funny. The ideas started to wear thin near the end but just before it could overstay its welcome it was over. I give this a funnyrobe/10.

Spikes of Doom: Pretty based, but it's no Gleeok 6th.

• DarkFlameSheep, Anthus, Mitsukara and 1 other like this

#22 James24

James24

Adept

• Banned

Posted 20 August 2021 - 10:44 PM

Moosh has caught my attention with his maqi1.92aAFI quest.  I consider it a tiny type B masterpiece.  If you are a type B player out then this is highly recommended for you.  On my first try I took 346 deaths and on my second try 47 deaths so this won't be easy.

Joel's quest has some positives but I think its too easy and the challenge aspects aren't varied enough.  I also can't find stuff mid-way through the game which is a real turnoff.  There's also that horrendous long walk to level 3.  Not a masterpiece sorry but definitely a type B quest that is playable.

Anonymous - Not very fun to lose my way at the start and get stuck trying to figure out where to go.  Type B challenge quests should get into challenge as quickly as possible and not dabble around with exploration and story at the start like certain type A quests.

See?  Who says that people are just making fun of me?  I see plenty of honest type B attempts here - one of which is outstandingly good.

• Rambly, Anthus, Shane and 2 others like this

#23 Jenny

Jenny

braixen

• Members

Posted 20 August 2021 - 11:04 PM

james what did you think of haylee's entry?

• Rambly, Shane and Haylee like this

#24 Haylee

Haylee

~ The Ragin' Cajun ~

• Members

Posted 20 August 2021 - 11:04 PM

I want to touch Remnants of the Dark King, however I don't have 2.55. Also, I tried to go AGN to download 2.55, but it seems to be down now.

The latest nightly build in the PZC discord should work just fine.

Edited by Einsiety, 20 August 2021 - 11:05 PM.

• DarkFlameSheep, Shane and Bagu like this

#25 James24

James24

Adept

• Banned

Posted 21 August 2021 - 05:57 AM

I have no comment about Haylee's quest.

I shall share with everyone something really special.  This is what Moosh wrote at the end of his entry:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yo!                              '                                 

So you may be wondering what's going on right now.          
I'll remind you by pointing back to this quest's title:                               
"Making a Quest in 1.92 and Actually Finishing It"                                                                                
So the question is...                               
Who decides when  the quest ends?                                                                                              

I decide.                                
I decide how much I want to design.                                 .                                                           
I decide what "finished" is.  

So for the purposes of the contest, this is as far as I'm going.

If anyone's disappointed by that, I guess I'll remind them that:                               
1. I made this for myself.                                                                    
2. You got what you paid for.                                                                  
3. Which is to say nothing.                                                                  
Congrats on your victory over Fire and Flame.  You're pretty good.                                 
We may or may not meet again. Ciao!                                                                   

The Type-B goes                                                                                           
BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do you think Moosh means?  Is this an attempt to strike a bargain with me?
Pay up or the quest gets cancelled.

But I have to love his sentiments about being paid though.  Not being paid means that its creator decides everything.
Ear hear.

• Shane, Jenny and coolgamer012345 like this

#26 Haylee

Haylee

~ The Ragin' Cajun ~

• Members

Posted 21 August 2021 - 09:16 AM

It also means his quest isn't a demo, so stop calling people's finished quests demos lo

#27 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 21 August 2021 - 07:38 PM

I have no comment about Haylee's quest.

I shall share with everyone something really special.  This is what Moosh wrote at the end of his entry:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yo!                              '                                 

So you may be wondering what's going on right now.          
I'll remind you by pointing back to this quest's title:                               
"Making a Quest in 1.92 and Actually Finishing It"                                                                                
So the question is...                               
Who decides when  the quest ends?                                                                                              

I decide.                                
I decide how much I want to design.                                 .                                                           
I decide what "finished" is.  

So for the purposes of the contest, this is as far as I'm going.

If anyone's disappointed by that, I guess I'll remind them that:                               
1. I made this for myself.                                                                    
2. You got what you paid for.                                                                  
3. Which is to say nothing.                                                                  
Congrats on your victory over Fire and Flame.  You're pretty good.                                 
We may or may not meet again. Ciao!                                                                   

The Type-B goes                                                                                           
BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do you think Moosh means?  Is this an attempt to strike a bargain with me?
Pay up or the quest gets cancelled.

But I have to love his sentiments about being paid though.  Not being paid means that its creator decides everything.
Ear hear.

Dude why did you spoil the ending of a Type B masterpiece. Now I feel robbed of going through the challenges. Not cool coming from a Type B connoisseur, I might have to revoke your title. :(

#28 Joelmacool

Joelmacool

Addicted to Overwatch

• Moderators

Posted 21 August 2021 - 08:00 PM

I will ensure that my quest is upgraded to suit all needs and requests for the Database release. I am taking this new direction very seriously. I will ensure Saint James Place will appease James24 - this is the only reason I will fix the quest for release - and I will ensure my quest is beatable. Expect the database release to look better, maintain its dominance through increasing the size of the long walk before Level 3, and be much - MUCH - harder (though probably not too much harder since I'm not exactly bothered to keep working on this quest for that long).

Thank you and goodnight.

Edit: As an FYI - for the categories "most fit for creator's taste" and "best overall quest (personal taste), I decided to vote my own quest. This is because I feel my quest fit the tastes of the creator (the creator being myself) and so I found that the quest spoke to me on a level I didn't feel with the other entries. Because of this, provided I take into consideration my tastes and my tastes alone, this led me to believe that the best quest here was my own too. This is because I made the quest and so all other entries are automatically made void, since I created my own masterpiece and so was able to properly enjoy the experience (given I had made it according to my own tastes). Thank you again, goodnight.

• DarkFlameSheep, Shane, Jenny and 2 others like this

#29 DarkFlameSheep

DarkFlameSheep

Polm The Fathomless (Slime)

• Members

Posted 22 August 2021 - 06:45 AM

I'm glad to see James enjoyed this contest. Also, I touched Making a Quest in 1.92 and Actually Finishing It and Remnants of the Dark King, I saw Type B features in even the beginning of them.

Edited by DarkFlameSheep, 22 August 2021 - 06:45 AM.

• coolgamer012345 likes this

#30 Nightmare

Nightmare

Original ZC Tester

• Members

Posted 22 August 2021 - 09:03 AM

This contest should be right up James24's alley, best of luck to everyone.

-James

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Z-Zone, Contest, Type B

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users