EZGBZ 2.5 tileset

• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

#106 Three Pendants

Three Pendants

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:21 PM

I've made a fair number of custom weapon sprites (12 swords, 11 boomerangs, 11 "wands" ) but as I said my spriting skills are mediocre to bad. My "Trident of Power" is in Desperate need of hellp. I like the sideways icon, but the front facing sprite is terrible.

They're more for my idea but maybe someone else could make use of them?

Also the hammers were just tests. There's really only three different ones (when it comes to my 12 Hammers idea I'm going to need to dig deep to think of decent ideas there.

Though I don't understand how I could have influenced the order of the Hammer sprites. I thought that stuff was beyond normal option control? It's not a sprite being started at a later place, since it was only those frames which were the issue. No idea what happened there.

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

#107 Zemious

Zemious

Magicite: Bahamut

• Members

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:35 AM

Are there any -good- quests out that use this tileset yet?

#108 Orithan

Orithan

Studying Scientist - Commission from Silvixen

• Members

Posted 04 November 2012 - 01:13 AM

QUOTE(Zemious @ Nov 4 2012, 04:35 PM) View Post

Are there any -good- quests out that use this tileset yet?

Not yet as far as I know. It has only been like three months so far.
PZCQuest will be using a modified version of this tileset (honestly, I think it should use this tileset instead).

Edited by Orin XD, 04 November 2012 - 01:14 AM.

#109 Zemious

Zemious

Magicite: Bahamut

• Members

Posted 04 November 2012 - 01:27 AM

I remember helping with the original EZGBZ tileset like 3 years ago or more bro lol.

#110 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:17 PM

Thanks, Three Pendants! icon_smile.gif I'll go ahead and add them before I send the update.

Yeah, the quest I created(updated) this tileset for hasn't gone far yet. However, I did notice a couple of the demos from the Expo that used it. The Metroid-Style quest is one; I forget the other I saw.

@Orin XD: Thanks. Yeah, I don't know why they'd want to redo all the work on this that I did.

@Zemious: Not sure how you helped, but I'm sure we all appreciate it! It was a great tileset even before I updated it!

Edit: Done & submitted! We'll see it in the next site update.

If only Fausch had retaken his screenshot, I would've added his contest-winning pallette to the tileset...

Edited by Lightwulf, 05 November 2012 - 06:13 PM.

#111 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:31 PM

I'm a little embarrassed; I saw the screenshots and forgot to read your post before posting earlier:
QUOTE(Three Pendants @ Nov 3 2012, 09:21 AM) View Post
Also the hammers were just tests. There's really only three different ones (when it comes to my 12 Hammers idea I'm going to need to dig deep to think of decent ideas there.

Though I don't understand how I could have influenced the order of the Hammer sprites. I thought that stuff was beyond normal option control? It's not a sprite being started at a later place, since it was only those frames which were the issue. No idea what happened there.
12 hammers? Do you just need ideas? I can come up with some, such as OoT's Megaton Hammer. Let me know if you want more.

About the order of hammer sprites, what I was trying to say earlier is that if you were using the "C" and "V" buttons to copy and paste the hammer sprites (to use them to make more hammer designs), then you might've accidentally pressed "V" when your cursor was one space to the left (of the first of the three side-facing hammer sprites). Just a simple accidental push of a button. It could've easily happened, especially since "C" is right next to "V" on the keyboard.
Anyway, enough on that; whatever happened, it was in the past.

Thanks for the new sprites! If you could tell me (if you don't want to post it here you could PM me) what each one is supposed to be and what CSet you made them in, I could take some time to make improvements on them. ...If needed; they looked pretty good to me. Then again I only saw them in CSets 0 and 1.

#112 Three Pendants

Three Pendants

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:48 PM

QUOTE(Lightwulf @ Nov 5 2012, 06:31 PM) View Post

I'm a little embarrassed; I saw the screenshots and forgot to read your post before posting earlier:12 hammers? Do you just need ideas? I can come up with some, such as OoT's Megaton Hammer. Let me know if you want more.

About the order of hammer sprites, what I was trying to say earlier is that if you were using the "C" and "V" buttons to copy and paste the hammer sprites (to use them to make more hammer designs), then you might've accidentally pressed "V" when your cursor was one space to the left (of the first of the three side-facing hammer sprites). Just a simple accidental push of a button. It could've easily happened, especially since "C" is right next to "V" on the keyboard.
Anyway, enough on that; whatever happened, it was in the past.

Thanks for the new sprites! If you could tell me (if you don't want to post it here you could PM me) what each one is supposed to be and what CSet you made them in, I could take some time to make improvements on them. ...If needed; they looked pretty good to me. Then again I only saw them in CSets 0 and 1.

Hmm, that's a good point... I never thought about it like that. Maybe I did do something like that? Ah well, as long as it worked in the end I suppose, hehe.

Though yes. If you can provide some ideas for the Hammers that would be fantastic! As you can see it was the only part of the Power/Courage/Wisdom Upgrade system iidea which I've struggled with because of the lack of creativity on my part.

Sure, I'll post what each one is supposed to be.

Starting from the top to the right of the normal items...

CODE
Boomerangs

Wooden Boomerang (Base) CSet0                                 Replica Boomerang Cset4
Lv. 1                                                                                Lv. 3 (To the side of Level 1)

Greederang (Wisdom) Cset0                                         Dowserang (Wisdom) Cset0
Force Boomerang (Power) Cset0                                  Dark Clouds (Power) Cset4
Traveler's Boomerang (Courage) Cset0                       Hexprooferang (Courage) Cset1

(Below that, not to the side)

Lv. 2                                                                              Lv. 4

Magic Boomerang (Wisdom) Cset0                               Hasterang (Wisdom) Cset0
Gale Boomerang (Power) Cset0                                   Black Tornado (Power) Cset0
Veteran's Boomerang (Courage) Cset0                       Light Disk (Courage) Cset0

Sword Sprites

Wooden Sword (Base) Cset0                                   Replica Sword Cset4
Lv. 1                                                                          

Priest's Mark (Wisdom) Cset0                                                        
Burning Wooden Sword (Power) Cset0
Bamboo Stick (Courage) Cset0

Lv. 2

Nayru's Care (Wisdom) Cset0
Dusk Broadsword (Power) Cset0
Fighter's Sword (Courage) Cset 0

Lv. 3

Royal Rapier (Wisdom) Cset0
Lance of Light (Power) Cset0
Faron Longsword (Courage) Cset0

Lv. 4
Sword of the Sages(Wisdom) Cset0
Trident of Power (Power) Cset0
Master Sword (Courage) Cset 0

Wand Sprites

Lv. 1                                                                                 Lv. 2

Mage's Wand (Wisdom) Cset0                              Cane of Byrna (Wisdom) Cset0
Devil's Fork (Power) Cset6                                    Din's Fury (Power) Cset1
Long-Lived Wand (Courage) Cset0                      Gambler's Wand (Courage) Cset0

Lv. 3                                                                              Lv. 4

Scepter of Byrna (Wisdom) Cset0                        Gaepora's Staff (Wisdom) Cset6
Dreamscarred (Power) Cset4                               (Power Missing since Agahnim's Hate will need a script)
Fire Rod (Courage) Cset1                                     Farore's Blessing Cset0

Hope that helped!

Edited by Three Pendants, 07 November 2012 - 09:50 PM.

#113 Glenn the Great

Glenn the Great

Frog King

• Members

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:23 AM

QUOTE(Taco Chopper @ Feb 13 2012, 06:38 PM) View Post

I modified Glenn the Great's tileset (and released it as an updated version) without seeking his permission icon_shrug.gif

No need to worry about getting my permission... I am perfectly A-OK with what you've done. The way I see it, those are Nintendo's tiles so I have no right to say who can or can't do whatever with them.

In actuality I'm extremely happy to learn that someone has taken an interest in them and has picked up the torch and is running with it, because I certainly wasn't going to, if almost 10 years of inactivity was any indication icon_wink.gif

Great job good sir!
  • Lightwulf likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users