Photo

Screenshot of the Week 120

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
31 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 120 (60 member(s) have cast votes)

Screenshot of the Week 120

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#16 Firefly

Firefly

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 01 May 2006 - 06:51 PM

I voted for {invalid text format}not a valid member errorlog.log saved on "".

Mighty Darknut:
Indeed, the biggest lock-block I've ever seen. icon_bounce.gif

Peteo:
I love everything in this shot, except for the .JPG format! use .PNGs or something else!

Questions:
Good shot, but looks a bit plain.

Rex Zemenheart:
That grass looks great but instead of remaking another screen that's not yours how about using an original quest screen? icon_wink.gif

(I'm so rude icon_blah.gif )

#17 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 01 May 2006 - 09:29 PM

QUOTE(Siguy @ May 2 2006, 12:29 AM)
Hedges and bushes are from the minish cap.

View Post

Is your name Peteo? icon_rolleyes.gif
Yeah it's not so please don't post crap if you do not know what you're talking about. (Sorry for sounding rude but Siguy hit me in a sore spot by calling my bush tiles ripped tiles! icon_razz.gif That's something I just can't tolerate.)

Anyhoo, the small bushes are from MMDWR, the bigger ones are from my old tile archives... don't remember where I got them but I am quite certain I drew them... if not, I hope no one sues me. Heh. The trees are self-made. And the hedge tiles are heavily edited but all credit goes to Nintendo/Capcom of course.

And Firefly, I think it should be quite obvious why I am using the .jpg format. icon_wink.gif I hate to use it as it makes the screen so blurred, but that's the point. Oh well...

#18 Freedom

Freedom

Warrior

• Members

Posted 01 May 2006 - 10:27 PM

Petoe,

The hedge hardly looks heavily edited to me, matter of fact it looks identical to what I released in the Adventure set, and that large bush in the center I have a match for too, think it came out of ... dragonsbreath or breath of fire or sumthin like that.
Anyway I was glad to hear you talk about your trouble trying to rip from Minish cap after you gave me that low rating and said my tiles weren't optimised.... whatever that meant.
Now you have an idea of the amount of work I put in that set.
Anyway you got my vote.

#19 propdoc

propdoc

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 01 May 2006 - 10:43 PM

icon_clap.gif icon_thumbsup.gif...and Freedom is one of THE best gamemakers out there, so he knows.

#20 Freedom

Freedom

Warrior

• Members

Posted 01 May 2006 - 10:45 PM

QUOTE(propdoc @ May 1 2006, 08:43 PM)
icon_clap.gif  icon_thumbsup.gif...and Freedom is one of THE best gamemakers out there, so he knows.

View Post

oh... shut up already.

#21 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 02 May 2006 - 07:54 AM

a gamemaker who doesn't like gushing praise, sorta like me. XD

#22 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 02 May 2006 - 08:43 AM

QUOTE(Freedom @ May 2 2006, 05:27 AM)
Anyway I was glad to hear you talk about your trouble trying to rip from Minish cap after you gave me that low rating and said my tiles weren't optimised.... whatever that meant.
Now you have an idea of the amount of work I put in that set.

View Post

I don't doubt that you've put a nice amount of work for that Adventure set of yours, but honestly, not much effort is needed to rip some tiles and palettes from MC and release a tileset. I never said ripping tiles from MC was hard, I meant that making them look better was insanely hard. Dang, I had to redo all the palettes, all the tiles, everything... But I succeeded in it IMO, so I know it's possible to enhance the MC tiles. But since you didn't, I stand behind my rating and think the set is ok, but needs a lot more work to be hot stuff.

And someone asked if the screenshot is from a castle of some sorts. Well it isn't. It's from one of the game's "dungeons" and it's something more unique than a castle. icon_wink.gif

#23 Freedom

Freedom

Warrior

• Members

Posted 02 May 2006 - 08:57 AM

oh.... well it wasn't my "mission" to make them look any different than original.
originally as drawn, originally as colored, or as close as possible.

#24 Bonegolem

Bonegolem

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 02 May 2006 - 09:38 AM

Hmm. I voted Mighty Darknut because of the cool giant lock block and because I didn't like the proportions (sp?) of the cliffs/walls in the other shots. The Minish Cap-ish tiles and such give me a headache.

I liked the grass and such in the last screen, but the cliff tiles again I didn't like.

#25 Pol's Voice

Pol's Voice

Adept

• Members

Posted 02 May 2006 - 09:47 AM

I also voted for Mighty Darknut.......what's that lock protecting? icon_biggrin.gif

#26 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 02 May 2006 - 12:45 PM

QUOTE(Pol's Voice @ May 2 2006, 10:47 AM)
I also voted for Mighty Darknut.......what's that lock protecting?  icon_biggrin.gif

View Post

That is just a mock-up shot because I haven't begun working on my actual dungeons yet. So, the lock protects nothing; how exciting icon_naughty.gif .

I realize that my shot is very plain, and certainly not SotW-winning meterial, but I submitted it anyway... Like I said, I haven't started making the dungeons yet and there's still many more tiles that I have to make so they won't look so boring.

Because my shot is featured, I null'd.

#27 Limzo

Limzo

_

• Members

Posted 02 May 2006 - 12:56 PM

I loved that screenshot of yours MD.
BTW, you know those dungeons you made with the blue walls, is it possible that I could use them in my Pokemon tileset?

#28 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 02 May 2006 - 03:01 PM

just thought I'd remind everyone that you have less than two weeks to enter for SotW 121. plenty of time to get a kickass screen together

#29 Siguy

Siguy

• Members

Posted 02 May 2006 - 05:48 PM

QUOTE(Peteo @ May 1 2006, 10:29 PM)
Is your name Peteo?  icon_rolleyes.gif
Yeah it's not so please don't post crap if you do not know what you're talking about. (Sorry for sounding rude but Siguy hit me in a sore spot by calling my bush tiles ripped tiles! icon_razz.gif That's something I just can't tolerate.)

Anyhoo, the small bushes are from MMDWR, the bigger ones are from my old tile archives... don't remember where I got them but I am quite certain I drew them... if not, I hope no one sues me. Heh. The trees are self-made. And the hedge tiles are heavily edited but all credit goes to Nintendo/Capcom of course.

And Firefly, I think it should be quite obvious why I am using the .jpg format. icon_wink.gif I hate to use it as it makes the screen so blurred, but that's the point. Oh well...

View Post

I thought he was talking about the bushes in the top left corner and side. To me they look like the minish cap trees scaled down

#30 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 03 May 2006 - 02:38 PM

QUOTE(Rex Zemenheart @ Apr 30 2006, 09:52 PM)
However, the wall tile were it turns a corner uses the same wall tile as a regular wall. I mention this because the turning wall has no black edge, so it looks wierd.

View Post

Actually, I did use different tiles. You're right, they lack a black outline, but they are shaded differently. Good call though, I think it would look better with a black outline. I'll do that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users