Nostalgia

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Scootaloo

Scootaloo

too high for the grocery store

• Members

Posted 18 January 2010 - 11:37 PM

I do great with classic. (I'm also no good at humbling myself.) So, because of the availability of my abilities with classic and my short attention span, I find myself frequently at work with it. So, I figured I'd just make a whole thread to it dedicated in here. And here's my newest one, which you should easily recognize from something great (to me).

Ripway is down tonight, and so not a very good zoom-in for you! Note that this is pretty much just a lay-out. Details to come soon.

More or less, for this work, I'm sketchy about the North Beach, and think I should actually leave a lot more room to walk around in...but that's hard to do when people want you to cover up corners. Eh. Maybe I can get away with that rule a bit in designing this. I'm also adding in things here and there, notably the mountainous path at the southwest. And when I work on Rauru, it'll be included in part of that forest I've started in the southeastern part.

And maybe if I'm lucky, I'll actually finish something I'm working on in this thread! Please. C&C. Or just comments. Anything. Us QPF users have famished QPFs often.

#2 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 19 January 2010 - 12:21 AM

You have no idea how excited I got when I saw that! It looks amazing! Great work!

So how will you handle the towns? Tile warp to a separate map? Or actually have the town on the overworld map?

#3 Scootaloo

Scootaloo

too high for the grocery store

• Members

Posted 19 January 2010 - 12:25 AM

All the towns are going to actually be on the overworld map. I've separated the entire overworld into 4 dmaps in my mind, so I do have enough room. I should also mention that I cut off the bottom 2 rows of the map since they weren't used yet, and cut off space from the right, so I have a lot more space than you think.

#4 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 19 January 2010 - 06:41 PM

Took me a second to realize what I was looking at. (Not because it wasn't accurate, since it's very accurate, but because I'm slow today.) That looks great, man. icon_smile.gif Nostalgia is such an accurate title. icon_razz.gif

#5 Zeldaman23

Zeldaman23

Darkie & Dhane

• Members

Posted 19 January 2010 - 07:51 PM

Hey is that Zelda II overworld that you posted link of picture?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users