Photo

Screenshot of the Week 174

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
39 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 174 (47 member(s) have cast votes)

Contestants

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#31 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 27 August 2007 - 01:34 AM

Tough choice, Evan and Trimaster both have great shots... had to go with Evan though, sorry kid.

And ChastChaos... wtf is going on in that shot?

#32 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 27 August 2007 - 04:24 AM

QUOTE(NoeL @ Aug 27 2007, 08:34 AM) View Post

And ChastChaos... wtf is going on in that shot?

"Don't ask. It's Lost Woods."
Knil and Myra got lost somewhere in the middle of Lost Woods. South from them is a shallow water are, west of them is clean deep water, east of them is untouchable deep shrubby leafy deep-tree area and Knil currently watches a Buzzbulb, thinking "I can't see in the dark what it is!". This is a part where you don't have to come, but coming here won't immediately throw you offtrack. Turn around, now!

#33 Golden Chocobo

Golden Chocobo

For Hoshido!

• Members

Posted 27 August 2007 - 02:59 PM

Me vote goes to Evan icon_thumbsup.gif

#34 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 27 August 2007 - 04:08 PM

It seems no matter how hard I try, I'm always the 2nd and 3rd best. I better go even further in SOD2.5.

Good Luck Evan! Great demo and shot!

#35 Old Inactive Member

Old Inactive Member

I'm back sorta.

• Members

Posted 27 August 2007 - 04:29 PM

CastChaos : That looks like clouds over the screen and not water (3/5)

Darkspawn : never relly played astlevaine so i can't rate your shot (TBC/5)

Evan the Great : 2nd place not bad I like the screen a lot (5/5)

Majora : nice Town shot but the tall grass puts me off (4/5)

TriMaster001 : (vote) Well thats a great shot but can i ask you a quesion what music are you using for that DGN is it the TP grone Mines music (5/5)

WindStrike : found it ok mabey not but nice shot but it dosen't shout out at me (3/5)

Just so everyone knows I just like termaster001's shots and i'm not trying to make him win all the time.

#36 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 27 August 2007 - 04:44 PM

icon_redface.gif Wow I never thought I had a fan of my work. And billy I'm still deciding the music for this Level 4 Shot. I could use some suggestions. In fac,t I got the music assigned for all of my dungeons except this one icon_razz.gif.

#37 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 27 August 2007 - 04:59 PM

QUOTE(billy ronald @ Aug 27 2007, 11:29 PM) View Post

CastChaos : That looks like clouds over the screen and not water (3/5)

Erm... Actually that thing is magical mist. But even the water isn't hard to spot in the screen, since more than 50% of the screen is covered in water... icon_arrow.gif

#38 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 27 August 2007 - 05:17 PM

Maybe you should add effects to your mist to separate it from looking like water.

#39 WindStrike

WindStrike

Culex is the bane of my existence.

• Members

Posted 27 August 2007 - 08:57 PM

Also CastChaos, if you can, try to make the shoreline between the shallow water and the ground more well... right now, it's just grass to shallow water with practically no transition, so it kind of looks like the grass islands in the middle are just floating there. Nice detailing though...

One more thing: The large back cliff is... odd. Really odd... for reference (incomplete/not finalized): This might help. Again, not finalized, but I think you can fix those back corners... particularly the square corners cutting into the diagonal cliffs. Tis took me a while to distinguish everything on the screen, but with a little bit of tweaking here and there along with some bordering fixes, it should be pretty fine. Nice concept though.

#40 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 31 August 2007 - 04:43 PM

Windstrike, the only one worth voting for, Evan comes in a good second, but not enough to be voted upon. The rest are dismissed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users