• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Octorockoncrack

Octorockoncrack

Crystal Warrior

• Members

Posted 30 April 2018 - 05:02 PM

Hello.

So I am trying to use the Screen State Carry Over function to make multi-room secrets. However, the secrets do not carry over to the intended rooms.

The way I normally do it, is to have a screen in a cutscene that has the "Enemies->Secret" and "Enemies->Secret is Permanent" flags selected on the Screen Data Menu. The screen won't have any enemies on it, so the secret activates automatically when you enter the screen. Then I use the Screen State Carry Over to make the secrets activate in the rooms that I want to change. From what I understand, I shouldnt have to do anything other than input the coordinates for the "Next Map/Screen" section.

But for some reason it is not working. The cutscene works, and the secret activates, but does not carry over to the other screens. Because of this, I can re-enter the cutscene, which activates the secret again (Meaning the "Enemies->Secret is Pemanent" flag isnt working correctly either).

Anyone have any ideas on what could be going wrong? Ive done this quite a number of times already in my main project, so Im wondering what is different this time. The maps that I am trying to do this on are part of 2 NES Dungeon Type Dmaps, if that makes any difference. Ive never worked with NES Dungeon Dmaps before, so its the only thing that I can think of that I might be doing differently.

As always, any help is appreciated :)

#2 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 30 April 2018 - 05:37 PM

It may be the NES Dungeon DMaps. I remember being told that in NES Dungeon DMaps that secrets are temporary. I would try switching it to an interior dmap and see if that fixes the issue.
  • Avaro likes this

#3 Octorockoncrack

Octorockoncrack

Crystal Warrior

• Members

Posted 30 April 2018 - 06:42 PM

Looks like that worked, but now shutter doors dont seem to work with Interior style Dmaps. Ill just have to work around that. Thanks for the info!

#4 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 30 April 2018 - 07:13 PM

If you don't need shutters in this one screen, there's a screen flag called "Treat as Interior" or something along those lines that you could enable purely on the screens that need permanent secrets. Failing that, you'd have to either not include shutters, use a script from the database (there's a handful of them), or start getting creative.

#5 Octorockoncrack

Octorockoncrack

Crystal Warrior

• Members

Posted 30 April 2018 - 07:14 PM

I just noticed the flags for "Treat as Interior/Dungeon Screen". I got everything working fine now. Thanks a lot guys!

#6 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 30 April 2018 - 07:23 PM

No problem. Glad you got it all figured out. I personally make all of my dungeons on interior maps. NES Dungeons for me are only good if you are really going for a legit NES Dungeon style.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users